Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:21 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Got that bassackwards!

According to Gallup, American's trust in the mainstream media has never been lower.

[URL="http://www.gallup.com/poll/195542/americans-trust-mass-media-sinks-new-low.aspx"]Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low | Gallup[/URL]

Even a majority of Democrats think they're full of ****!

According to the article you just posted, 46% trust the media. (32 & 14 = 46) The latest Gallup poll gave Trump a 36% approval rate. I just thought I'd point that "new low" out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 11:22 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree that the media is trying to make money and reporters always want to be the ones to uncover the juiciest stories. After all, news has become a form of entertainment.

However, wouldn't more transparency by the White House help to put this "Russia scandal" to rest? It seems as if the White House is trying to make the whole thing go away and that's not going to happen anytime soon.
Yes, it would. This administration handles it's relationship with the media horribly.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:03 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Spicer is a great American.
Yep, best press secretary in my memory.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:11 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,774 times
Spicer was very condescending to that reporter, and he should apologize to her. It's fine to dislike certain members and aspects of the media (hell I have serious issues with the MSM too...they're little more than activist, propangdist infotainment...and I think they deserve a LOT of blame for some of the silly perceptions and other crap in today's society), but that doesn't make it okay for a Press Secretary to engage with them in an unprofessional, petulant manner during a press conference.

This isn't the first time Spicer has talked to the media as if they were little boys and girls. He needs to grow up and toughen up. It's possible to be contentious without being a condescending jerk.

His WH press briefings are often entertaining...but the bottom line is that Spicey is just too sensitive and wound-up for the job. The position is stressful to begin with, thus anyone who's thin-skinned is an obvious bad fit for the role. Not to mention that I think Trump is at best lukewarm on Spicer. I think Spicer resigns later this year.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:14 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
I just saw April Ryan on CNN and she didn't utter a bad word about Sean Spicer.
She has a lot of class.

"I understand what Sean has to do, and I understand what I have to do."

Old 03-29-2017, 01:22 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
Let's be honest here, Spicer made himself look like a fool, and worse than that, a desperate fool. justNancy is correct, April Ryan has more class in her little finger than poor thin skinned Sean will ever have.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:24 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Dems already using this as their next racism scandal it looks like

Old 03-29-2017, 01:28 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
According to the article you just posted, 46% trust the media. (32 & 14 = 46) The latest Gallup poll gave Trump a 36% approval rate. I just thought I'd point that "new low" out!

Not seeing this 32 + 14 you claim is in the poll.

The 32% is "great deal" plus "fair amount".

"The Trump administration is considered truthful by 49% of voters, to 48% of voters who consider it untruthful. Meanwhile, the news media is considered untruthful by a 53%-majority of voters, to only 39% who find them truthful (a 14-point gap)."

Emerson College Polling Society

Trust and approval rating are two different things.

Moreover, that Gallup poll is more than six points below the RCP average of polls.

I just thought I'd point out the irrelevancy of your cherry-picked poll.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval

Old 03-29-2017, 01:41 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
What was unethical about it?

She asked a question and interrupted repeatedly when she didn't get the answer that fit her Russia-hacked-the-election narrative.

What about that seems ethical to you?

Old 03-29-2017, 03:48 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
More like Spicer became unglued and unhinged because the Trump White House is feeling the heat on Russia.

A Republican has come forward saying that Devin Nunes should step down. Republicans are starting to bail on Trump. RussiaGate is for real, it is a slow implosion that will eventually force Trump to resign.
We can only hope.Spicer looked really bad on this and it has been on all the networks ...he might have to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies