Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 07:24 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Based on how you framed the question, I think you are one of the churchie people that think you have a god given right to shove your head and beliefs up a woman's vagina. Just let women make their own decisions.
Hardly. I loathe raw clams!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 07:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
One side sees abortion as the murder of the most innocent and vulnerable of life, and the other side sees it as simply removing a tumor. There are many issues on which people disagree, but none so vehemently. Each side will fight with a fury that has to be seen to be believed. Is Abortion fundamental to all other issues? If so, why?
It has little to do with sides.

It's something that goes back thousands of years regarding Male Control of Females.

If you see it as just two sides, you are being myopic. While growing up I lived in a community which was anti-abortion in a "friendly" way in that we offered to TAKE AND RAISE any baby that a woman didn't want. We also offered to give the child back at any time.

Even then - with that radical stance - we were not "anti-abortion" in the terms of being against Roe or the right of the individual to make that choice.

The issue is really quite simple. It's like TV and Radio or Web Sites. Don't like the show - change the channel. Don't believe in birth control? Don't use it. Don't think one should get an abortion? Wait until your time comes and you find out you have a very sick fetus inside you and make your own decision.

Simple. Done. There is nothing to quibble about.

The idea of "life" would easily be extended to every time a man pleasures himself and every time a woman ovulates - since we can now easily match those things up outside the womb. So that doesn't hold water.

In the end it's about people who mind their own business and those who don't. I've never seen "choice" protesters breaking into doctors offices and forcing abortions on evangelicals.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:29 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
I an very involved with financial support and my time to an organization that provides financial and emotional support to women who give birth to children instead of killing them. There are hundreds upon hundreds of charitable organizations that provide housing, education, medical and emotional support to single, poor, pregnant women both during and after giving birth. I have posted links MULTIPLE times on this issue, whenever this pro-choice canard shows up...in other words, every time this issue comes up.

https://www.singlemotherhelp.org/top...p-mothers.html

Regardless of that. The issue about abortion is whether or not human life has value. Either you think it does or you don't.
That is your decision to make for yourself. No more than its my business if your marriage is worth saving or, if the young gal should give the baby up for adoption... We are not robots, We cannot determine any one's heart and control them -not even God does that !

Old 03-31-2017, 07:35 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Obviously, the 250 women, men and children civilians just killed in Mosul and Yemen on Trump orders (he changed the standards for who calls in the bombs).....don't have value.

How many pro-lifers shed a single tear? How many are protesting? They won't even when 10,000 die or 100,000 die because it's NOT about the value of life. It's about their own egos and a false pedestal to stand upon.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:01 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Conservatives want to cut the social safety net. Where do you think many of these unwanted children end up? Do you care that on the one hand, social conservatives want all of these children to be born, and on the other hand they want to cut the only means of survival many of them have once outside the womb?

You can't have it both ways. If you don't want to support the programs to aid low income mothers and children then don't force these children into a world in which they will not be supported. That is inhumane.

Again, you are just repeating the lie, hoping by repetition to make it true. Nope.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:02 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
You are right. As a former pro-choice believer, I bought into this kind of rhetoric that was used to brainwash women into believing that that their unborn progeny have no value other than that which the pregnant woman places on it.

The issue of abortion is not about convenience or women's rights or any of that nonsense. It is about whether a human life has value or not. The progressives have convinced women that the value of a human life is a relative to how a pregnant woman "feels" about the unborn human.

If the woman places value on the unborn human she has created, then it is a baby. If a woman places no value on the unborn human she has created, then it has no value, it is a glob of cells or a tumor or an obstacle to be rid of.

Moral relevance is what Abortion is all about.
The issue of abortion IS about women's rights for people who are pro choice. You can spew all the platitudes you like about what abortion is but that doesn't make you right. Those who are pro choice in defense of a women's right to autonomy over her own body are just as correct. You are simply stating your own opinion as though it has some sort of magical truth to it but it doesn't.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:04 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Again, you are just repeating the lie, hoping by repetition to make it true. Nope.
Are you saying that Conservatives DON'T want to cut the social safety net? Have you seen Trump's proposed budget?

Sorry that the truth is uncomfortable for you, but that's your problem, not mine.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:40 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I had an abortion many years ago, and I'm not going to justify it to you or to anyone else, because quite frankly, it's none of your business. No guilt, either. It was the right decision for me at that point in my life. I went on to have two children when I was ready and able to take care of them. That's called taking responsibility for your life.

I support the right for each woman to make that determination in her own life without being preached at by someone who believes they have the right to foist their own personal morality on her. Pray to your God for her soul, if you must, but you are NOT God so it's not your place to pass judgment. I don't believe in your God, so what you believe means nothing to me.

Here's a thought. Keep your nose out of other people's personal decisions and we'll all get along just fine.
Excellent post.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:46 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Funny how the same people who object so strongly to people sticking their nose in the business of others won't let a baker refuse to bake a cake.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Funny how the same people who object so strongly to people sticking their nose in the business of others won't let a baker refuse to bake a cake.
Oh dear -- the objection is not the fact the baker doesn't want to bake A cake -- it's that the baker wants to know what you do in the bedroom before they bake you a cake.

Same thing -- none of your business -- build a cake with unicorns and rainbows and don't pay a mind to what the purchaser is doing in the bedroom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies