Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 03:08 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,710,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Well, Donald Trump famously asked Putin to find Hillary's lost emails. Does that qualify as collusion? Does that qualify as treason?

Does that disqualify Trump to be president? Does that nullify the election? What exactly do you think is going to happen?

Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton's email - POLITICO
IMO, no it does not disqualify him or nullify the election (the part where Trump asked Putin to find Hillary's emails).

I think I'd like to see how much collusion was done, behind the scenes, if anything before I can even venture a guess if there is any crime committed.

I do think if the administration is found to be very dishonest about colluding and working with a foreign government to advance their chances, well, I find that to be unpatriotic, untrustworthy, and not befitting office. I'd like to see impeachment in that case, but I'd have to see exactly what was done before I can venture an opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 03:13 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,244,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No it does not disqualify him or nullify the election (the part where Trump asked Putin to find Hillary's emails).
You said, "If any one political team encouraged the Russians to intrude upon other Americans' emails, encourage them to leak info, and incite them to do more "dirty" work in one direction. That would be what I would call playing foul and dirty and no political team should be colluding with what they call a state actor during the election process."

Per your definition, that is exactly what Trump did. He asked Russia to hack her emails, and release them, to benefit his campaign.

How much more collusion do you need?

Old 04-04-2017, 03:33 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,334,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Lets be honest its this attitude thats destroying the moral fabric of your country.There will be no return to making America great again (whatever that means) when the right views 100million of its fellow Americans as the enemy.
I have to think you weren't typing this with a straight face. You really don't see the hypocrisy of your post? The left views the right at "deplorable", racist, mysogenistic, etc. They call them uneducated, even though the republican candidate won the college educated white vote over the democratic candidate.

I'm not saying that there is not enough hate to go around for both sides, but for you to lay it all at the feet of "the right", only adds to the problem you claim to be against.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:55 PM

809 posts, read 751,031 times
I think there is a simpler explanation.

1) People like a fairytale. Your life will be bigly better if you vote for the donald.

2) People in the US like celebrities. Hey, OJ Simpson got acquitted in his criminal murder case, then lost bigly in his civil case.

I understand your reference to Russian influence. Since trump is a serial bankrupter, I don't think the donald could qualify for loans from US banks. So yes, I think there's a good chance that the donald is controlled by forces from Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Without sounding like a tin foil lunatic, it has to do with the nature of the people who voted for him, and why they did just that.

Two theories involve basically the same sort of brain washing. The Russians use a technique of disseminating information which creates chaos in the minds of likely voters and subconsciously imparts the desire of the less educated to vote and support a guy who makes all sorts of promises but in reality can't deliver on much of anything. Sounds like Trump, yes?

The second has to do with a similar sort of psychological brainwashing. Once again, people who are less educated succumb to a phenomena of noise persuasion. It doesn't matter what the orator is saying in terms of substance, but as long as he keep rambling, whether it is vocally, or on TV, or through electronic media, the people are mesmerized: not by the message, but by the constant stream of noise--which to them sounds like something constructive, event though it has no content. Once again, sounds like Trump and his supporters, yes?

Dig around and you can find the Russian connection, and you also find the scientific discussion of the latter 'noise persuasion' theory.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,944,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
That's the kind of myopia that's symptomatic of the divide we have in this country. I remember going to a candidate's debate for the 2006 election and a right-winger said to me, "if the Democrats win, we're going to have another 9/11!" Well, the Democrats won and we didn't have another 9/11.

The reality is that Democrats believe in a private-enterprise economy, but one in which the wealthy are taxed to pay more so society can provide a social safety net for the less fortunate. This is morally superior to the cold capitalism that existed before the New Deal. This side believes, it is only proper for the affluent to help the less fortunate.

Republicans, like the Freedom Caucasians, believe that people have a right to keep what they earn, and that taxing them to support others, no matter how needy, amounts to theft. Many on the right really do see taxes and regulation as tyrannical impositions on their liberty.

Does Democrats wanting to help the needy count as a threat worse than the Russians? Please.
Does that helping the needy include those refugees in the ME and those south of the border? Can you have open borders, or even liberal (in the classical sense of the word) immigration policies without straining the safety net?

Old 04-04-2017, 04:02 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,710,280 times
Quote:
You said, "If any one political team encouraged the Russians to intrude upon other Americans' emails, encourage them to leak info, and incite them to do more "dirty" work in one direction. That would be what I would call playing foul and dirty and no political team should be colluding with what they call a state actor during the election process."

Per your definition, that is exactly what Trump did. He asked Russia to hack her emails, and release them, to benefit his campaign.

What he said in a campaign stump speech can sort of be taken as boasting rhetoric.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:10 PM

51,698 posts, read 25,979,285 times
Quote:

Or Trump repeating information at a rally that was only up on Kremlin news site for a short time?

Or Stone accurately predicting the Podesta Russian-hacked email dump?

Old 04-04-2017, 04:25 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,244,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
What he said in a campaign stump speech can sort of be taken as boasting rhetoric.
Maybe, but it also perfectly fits your definition of collusion. And he never backed down from it when pressed.

And since the FBI has been investigating him since last July, and since the intelligence community has been leaking everything they have on Trump, it seems doubtful that Trump, or any of his direct associates, ever directly spoke with a high-ranking Russian official in any improper way.

So what is it exactly that you are expecting to hear? What is it that you think is going to happen?

I'll tell you what I think is going to happen. Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Or Trump repeating information at a rally that was only up on Kremlin news site for a short time?

Or Stone accurately predicting the Podesta Russian-hacked email dump?
To be fair, Roger Stone didn't predict anything. He made a comment months before Podesta's emails were even released, which said nothing about hacks or emails. Had he actually been involved in a crime, why would he tell everyone about it?

It would be as if I said, "You're gonna get what you deserve someday", and then a couple months later your house gets robbed, and everyone is like "You accurately predicted his house getting robbed."

Well no, but now I'm a suspect.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:51 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,480,029 times
BTW, we are all still waiting for any concrete proof about this whole thing.

Anybody know when that's gonna happen?

Old 04-04-2017, 05:01 PM

46,391 posts, read 27,254,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

They were screaming to lock Hillary up even after being cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI.
No, that is not what was said.....

But continue the lie...

Any other person with SC would be under the jail, if you had any clue or had a SC or TSC you would understand this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies