Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 12:43 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times

Advertisements

He conned them but apparently, they don't care.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Bless your heart, poor dear.
Must sting you quite badly to watch Trump erase Obama's silly "legacy" day after day.

And he WILL seat the next supreme court justice instead of Obama.

Must sting indeed.

LOL

Old 04-04-2017, 12:49 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Not at all.

Trump has said and done a lot of blunders - he has lied too - and he has failed in delivering some of the stuff *BUT* I am already sick of professional and conventional politicians like Hillary and many others.

Which other politicians has never lied to the American people? Tell me!
Which other politicians has not failed in delivering some of the stuff that they said they will deliver? Tell me!

In the last 30 odd years, this is the same breed of politicians that have brought this country to where we are now. Broken healthcare, financial squeeze, through the roof budget deficit, corporate mafia, pork barrel projects, fear mongering, wars, etc.

Trump may fail altogether *BUT* I would still be able to say that I tried something different rather than voting for yet another professional and conventional politician like Hillary or whatever.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:50 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,557,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
He conned them but apparently, they don't care.
This^ is what I think needs to be clarified.

At what point do they come to their senses? So far their abiliyy to turn a blind eye has been breathtaking.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:53 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I dislike Trump as much as anyone but these kind of thread don't go anywhere.

Let's just see where he is in six months.
The OP is obviously very wealthy and only sees illegals as a boon of cheap labor while considering the complaints of the wage stagnated blue collar workers as just "racist" by the uneducated redneck masses. *sniff*

Keep in mind these were the same posters calling for his impeachment before taking office.

Old 04-04-2017, 12:54 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,851,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I see nothing but winning on Trump's part.

name 1 SINGLE thing he has "won" since taking office?

Old 04-04-2017, 12:55 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,085,641 times
I was very impressed when he shunned our closest ally and turned around and embraced one of the words worst dictators. That said, wow, here is a guy who really, really will be good for America.

If you don't mind living in a totalitarian state.

(Think I am kidding, don't you?)

Old 04-04-2017, 01:00 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

Which other politicians has never lied to the American people? Tell me!
Sure, all politicians lie (see next point), but it's more like "I promise I will bring back 1 million jobs". I've never seen a politician since Nixon (maybe Reagan or Clinton in defending themselves against scandal) be such PRO-ACTIVE liars. Trump tells lies that are not the slightest bit subjective. Lies like "I was the top of my class" and "biggest inauguration audience ever". Lies like 'mexico will pay for the wall' and 'more insured for lower premiums'. Even when proven wrong, he doubles down and sticks to it. He is a liar like none have ever seen in the White House. Really, you'd think that his handlers would try to explain to him that he should not lie about EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Which other politicians has not failed in delivering some of the stuff that they said they will deliver? Tell me!
I agree with you here. As much as I hate Trump, and i DO hate him, he's about par for the course there. Now, granted, stuff like "I'll bring back the coal jobs" or "I'll nix ISIS in 30 days" is just another undelivered promise, but wow, those are some doozies! Nobody with a 3rd grade education and a little experience running a lemonade stand fell for the "coal-job con", did they?

Old 04-04-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This^ is what I think needs to be clarified.

At what point do they come to their senses? So far their abiliyy to turn a blind eye has been breathtaking.
It often is by partisans.

I ALSO noticed it 8 years ago too which is why I find your thread so entertaining. In fact, I'm seeing many many parallels to Obama's campaign promises where reality and even his own party prevented him from accomplishing most of his promises. Guantanamo bay closed yet? Crack down on those oil companies? Wallstreet lmao? Stop fracking? Surge baby surge! Tried to slow down the troop withdrawl from Iraq.....goes on and on. He even flip-flopped on gay marriage in his first term.

Heck, even Obamacare (which I supported and still do) was bastardized by corporate interests.

Obama was Bush 3.0 and his loyalist lapped that sh*t up and now you think you're insightful and the other party are acting like fools? Well sure they are....maybe you should buy a mirror?

Old 04-04-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Sure, all politicians lie (see next point), but it's more like "I promise I will bring back 1 million jobs". I've never seen a politician since Nixon (maybe Reagan or Clinton in defending themselves against scandal) be such PRO-ACTIVE liars. Trump tells lies that are not the slightest bit subjective. Lies like "I was the top of my class" and "biggest audience ever". Lies like 'mexico will pay for the wall' and 'more insured for lower premiums'. Even when proven wrong, he doubles down and sticks to it. He is a liar like none have ever seen in the White House. Really, you'd think that his handlers would try to explain to him that he should not lie about EVERYTHING.

I agree with you here. As much as I hate Trump, and i DO hate him, he's about par for the course there. Now, granted, stuff like "I'll bring back the coal jobs" or "I'll nix ISIS in 30 days" is just another undelivered promise, but wow, those are some doozies! Nobody with a 3rd grade education and a little experience running a lemonade stand believed that one, did they?
The bottom line is that Trump is just not the polished liar that professional politicians are. Maybe that's a good thing, it makes it harder to BS the American people that way.

Heck, Bill Clinton bent over the US blue collar manufacturing base and private unions by pushing NAFTA with the republicans and came out of it beloved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies