Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:17 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
In case anyone has forgotten the use of chemical weapons has been banned from warfare since WW1. If Obama wasn't such a ***** and carried through with his "red line" declaration years ago this would not have happened again. Supposedly Assad dismantled his chemical weapons program overseen by the UN which Trump has called out for being weak. So who is the problem here? Assad? the UN? Me thinks both. Although I am curious what 59 missiles directed at an airfield was supposed to accomplish. I don't wanna get in another middle East conflict but, at the same time, the United States can't take the lead from behind position that Obama championed for years. That position has made the world much less safe. What's done is done. If Russia and the middle east want to come after us let them it's not like they need another excuse. They are coming for us whether we did this or not. Depending on the measures they take it will end very badly for them long term as our reaction will be calculated and measured.
You mean back when Obama felt the need to ask congress for a authorization for him to do so? And Trump went on and on about how it would be a mistake to attack?

And its awesome how you make it sound like Syria is coming for us. Sheesh. What a mess
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 10:18 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,305,845 times
Nero fiddled as Rome burned to the ground.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:19 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,958,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I think we just need to burn the whole place down and start over
Yeah I agree. We definitely need to do that with the US government.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:21 PM

25,608 posts, read 17,341,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
..........Although I am curious what 59 missiles directed at an airfield was supposed to accomplish............
Each Tomahawk carries a 1000 pound warhead.
59, 1000 pound bombs will do tremendous damage to an airfield and any aircraft that happen to be there.

America spent probably $85M in the operation. A fairly modern fighter jet costs around $50M, so the whole thing cost Assad plenty.
And now he knows not to do that again.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:23 PM

25,608 posts, read 17,341,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Nero fiddled as Rome burned to the ground.
Nero was not in Rome when it burned, but he hustled back when he heard and worked to assist victims.

The violin was not invented until 1300 years later.

See how easy it is to start a rumor?

Old 04-06-2017, 10:28 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,505,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Us "mere mortals." Is trump some sort of God to you?
Nope. Hes doing exactly the same I would do...
He's doing things my father, my business partners have done, that I have done. Instead of putting himself and his company first, its our country. Doesn't make sense now. Wait for it.
Look at the elections.
All the polls that said Hillary would have a land slide victory.
Look at who campaigned for him, the media promoted him in trying to bash him every chance they could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ahh, so you are more of the belief that Trump will go full on dictator/strongman. Got it. And look at you cheer him on.

This isn't a business where back dealing, and betrayal end with you being in charge. This is a country. not a company. And this is why his leadership is failing so badly. People who think they are smart, but aren't.
Him going dictator? Nah. Not a chance.
You're right in that I'm cheering him on. 100%.

Difference between a country and company? Excusable to halt progress, be ran ineffective and at the expense of the tax payer.

Boohoo all you want about the security detail at Mar A Largo, or because his wife isn't in the white house. I'd bet that security detail is pennies in comparrison to what the "Russian collusion" investigation costs...

I'd like to see the end of the great red menace and how Russia is the world's boogey man because some DNC staffer had alarming content in his emails exposed. But we'll carry on like fools because muh popular vote! And muh emails hacked! Neglecting paying Sanders off to sit the bench, and the numerous shady stuff the beast has done... Neglecting where you went wrong...

What? 4 bankruptcies out of how many other busineses he ran? Grabbin kitty? Saying mean things?

I'd like to end the whole great red menace thing, dissolve NATO, tag team ISIS with Russia, clean the middle east of those johnny jihads. And end the globalist crap. That would be great.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:36 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,916,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
There's no way in hell I'm voting for a regressive, lyin, knuckledragger in the far right wing camp either.

I'm voting third party, like I did this year.
How did that work out for you????
Fortunately we ended up with a man who loves America, unlike the last Muslim POS. Trump is doing a good job and it's only going to get better.
Great job dropping 60 Tomahawks on the sand diggers... Things are looking up...

Old 04-06-2017, 10:39 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,505,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
How did that work out for you????
Fortunately we ended up with a man who loves America, unlike the last Muslim POS. Trump is doing a good job and it's only going to get better.
Great job dropping 60 Tomahawks on the sand diggers... Things are looking up...
My shares in Raytheon were at 150.57 per piece tonight. Wonder what they'll be in the months to come... Things are looking up indeed!

Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,111,806 times
I'm not happy with Trump becoming very Neo con ish but no frigging way am I voting for a Democrat of today

Old 04-06-2017, 10:46 PM

27,688 posts, read 16,178,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
My shares in Raytheon were at 150.57 per piece tonight. Wonder what they'll be in the months to come... Things are looking up indeed!
That's sick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies