Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 06:15 PM

12,957 posts, read 13,668,599 times

Advertisements

ABC News: Syrians Knew Of Attack, Moved Personnel, Critical Targets.

Remember when Trump boasted about his brilliant plan to use "the sneak attack."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 06:19 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Trump being one of the most fantastic presidents we've ever had and doing such GREAT things, in such a short amount of time, priceless!

Old 04-07-2017, 06:22 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
On the Today show this morning Matt Lauer and Savanna Guthrie sat and listen quiet to expert after expert praising President Trump for his action and restrain not to do too much.

On top of that Russia is not in agreement with President Trump so no connection between President Trump and Putin/Russia could be made so there were the two hosts sitting and listening in shock and awe!

Priceless!

Not sure how it will take before they will make their usual 180!

They also showed Hillary saying that airport needs to be attacked which President Trump did so it seems liberals have one day of searching what and how to start the bashing again!

I'm not holding my breath of this being a new beginning as later today or tomorrow the bashing for sure will be started again.

Liberal Hollywood will probably be quiet too as the images of babies, toddles, kids and aldults being gassed like under Nazi germany is something we should be able to agree to that it is off limits and action needs to be taken and President Trump took action!
Tell me..in your amusement..did you give some thought as to what Trump might think of all this positive attention? That perhaps he will like..being praised? Trump is more a liberal than an Alt/right icon..and he does love being loved.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Tell me..in your amusement..did you give some thought as to what Trump might think of all this positive attention? That perhaps he will like..being praised? Trump is more a liberal than an Alt/right icon..and he does love being loved.
If you see how he raised his kids and what a great family he has even though there are more mothers involved and still it seems he has been able to overcome bad marriages and getting a good relationship for his kids.

That shows to me that he is not a man who is feels he is above everyone or bigger than others.

They way you see him is not how I portray him.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 PM

5,896 posts, read 3,896,920 times
Quote:
This attack is different. Gas on babies and kids that's beyond sick. On top of that wasn't Syria not suppose to have this type of weapon?
The entire pattern of the story, right down to invoking murdered children and “chemical weapons” is strikingly reminiscent of the crap Bush I and later Bush II used to push the two Iraq invasions. Trump has made fun of this himself in the past. What gives?

OK, let’s say Assad used chemical weapons (I’m near certain he didn’t, to the point where I almost hesitate to make this argument, but it is important, so…) and there were civilian casualties, some of them children. Personally speaking, I’m missing why killing 70 people with chemical weapons is vastly worse than the THOUSANDS that get killed every year by, say, bombs and missiles, including our own bombs and missiles. The US is one of the only countries that refuses to sign the treaty banning landmines. Kids wander into fields containing mines and get their limbs blown off and blinded. I’m not seeing the giant moral superiority of this to gassing someone.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:39 PM

14,937 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
On the Today show this morning Matt Lauer and Savanna Guthrie sat and listen quiet to expert after expert praising President Trump for his action and restrain not to do too much.

On top of that Russia is not in agreement with President Trump so no connection between President Trump and Putin/Russia could be made so there were the two hosts sitting and listening in shock and awe!

Priceless!

They also showed Hillary saying that airport needs to be attacked which President Trump did so it seems liberals have one day of searching what and how to start the bashing again!

I'm not holding my breath of this being a new beginning as later today or tomorrow the bashing for sure will be started again.

Liberal Hollywood will probably be quiet too as the images of babies, toddles, kids and aldults being gassed like under Nazi germany is something we should be able to agree to that it is off limits and action needs to be taken and President Trump took action!
The left-wing liberal handlers of these media talking heads need about two days to get the official "talking points" together and disseminated to their minions for regurgitation. I'm sure they're working as we speak on the twisting and spinning of the facts, speculation and their own interpretation of events, so as to turn it all into another of their "Trump-bashing" works of fiction.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:39 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,279,276 times
Quote:

Priceless!

I agree.
It is almost as priceless as seeing all the people who, said Trump was the man for peace and the man to improve relationships with Russia and all the Putin lovers now flip flop (like Trump himself) on the entire thing.
Mental Gymnastics required for all involved. The liberals because they now technically have to praise Trump for being tough with Russia (after slamming him and saying he was in cahoots with them) and the Trump fans for also (still) praising Trump although he now is the man who has the US closer to war with Russia then in long long time. Something they feared of Hilary Clinton and used as a one of the reasons why she is so unfit.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:46 PM

1,743 posts, read 991,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Exactly why Republicans are some of the biggest hypocrites around. Obama tries to get Congress involved and Republicans say no, not our problem. Trump doesn't get Congress's approval and Republicans cheer.
The Commander in Chief can and has used the military for operations that do NOT meet the “act of war” declaration.

Under the War Powers Act, it's perfectly legal.

The reason for this: Can you imagine what it would be for the president to get permission from Congress before acting if action was required immediately?

US-led coalition air strikes in Syria 'kill 77 civilians mistaken for Isis fighters' - Jul 21, 2016

U.S. Admits Airstrike in Syria, Meant to Hit ISIS, Killed Syrian Troops - Sept 17, 2016

US-led coalition killed 300 civilians in just 11 air strikes in Syria, Amnesty International report finds - Oct 26 2016

Old 04-07-2017, 08:07 PM

32,055 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:

Priceless!

First of all Trump has said in many tweets over the years that we should stay out of Syria. But let's access what he did now. He took out an airfield, so now what? You have to have a plan, you can't just go and bomb things on a whim. Is it the goal of Trump to take out Assad. Is he declaring war. What exactly is his goal.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:01 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
First of all Trump has said in many tweets over the years that we should stay out of Syria. But let's access what he did now. He took out an airfield, so now what? You have to have a plan, you can't just go and bomb things on a whim. Is it the goal of Trump to take out Assad. Is he declaring war. What exactly is his goal.
Tweets referring to a full blown war in Syria with US Military boots on the ground?

Or what where his tweets specifically in response to?

Trump backed up that red line Obama drew. That Obama who was too much of a narcissist/wuss to do anything about it when Syria crossed it. Let congress decide! Anything to take the pressure/blowback off of him. Gotta stay all shiny and bright for his fan girls.

Let's assess what Trump did, now, as POTUS: Syria used chemical weapons, again. Trump let Assad know that he can't get away with it any longer. There's a new sheriff in town, the wuss is no longer in the White House smiling like a dog getting his tail wagged.

Plan? For what? Your kid acts up, you send her to her room & let her know that bad behavior has consequences.

That's the goal - make the child understand that there are consequences for bad behavior.

She keeps acting up and defying you? You adjust how you deal with her bad behavior if it continues.

So that's the "now what", that everyone has to deal with - who doesn't have a super high level of security clearance. Hopefully Trump keeps it that way and won't follow in Obama's footsteps by letting everyone and their 2nd cousins know what's up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies