Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2017, 02:15 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You have but not in those exact words.
Meaning that I didn't, but you have no legitimate rebuttal to what I did write, or perhaps really have no idea what I actually did write, so you decided to argue against things I didn't write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Your points have been...
Your reply didn't come close to being in response to what my points have been, probably because you haven't read (or don't remember what you read) about what my perspective is.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 06:01 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
At times I am thankful people these days tend to film everything around them.

If it weren't for them, the blind United supporters on here and the moron United CEO would continue to claim that Dao was 'belligerent' and 'combative.'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-sur...153921085.html

Quote:
However as more information and multiple videos of the incident become available, it's clear that Dao had been neither confrontational nor disruptive. A new video that surfaced late last week shows a different angle and serves to disprove United’s claims that Dao had been aggressive in any way other than calmly refusing to leave his seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_x4QVZFmM0

Old 04-19-2017, 07:07 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
At times I am thankful people these days tend to film everything around them.

If it weren't for them, the blind United supporters on here and the moron United CEO would continue to claim that Dao was 'belligerent' and 'combative.'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-sur...153921085.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_x4QVZFmM0

Calmly refusing to vacate your seat IS INITIATION OF VIOLENCE. Blockading property that does not belong to you is INITIATION OF VIOLENCE.

Once security instructs you to get up and get off the plane, the proper response, since you don't own the plane or the seat, is to follow orders. If you are treated illegally, then you may sue later or make the decision not to use that airline again, or go on social media and lambast them.

But the decision to blockade the seat IS AN ACT OF VIOLENCE. The decision to blockade is justification for a violent response.

It's really very simple.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:13 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I cannot tell if you're really looking for information or just looking for the easiest way to avoid facing realities you don't want to face. The irrationality has not only been highlighted by previous comments in this thread, but also has been cited as such. So I'm leaning toward you just trying to avoid facing the reality.
Even though none of the other airlines is appreciably better. That's irrational.
I'm going to ask you again, where is the fear induced mob mentality in this situation. I have no idea what you are talking about when you claim there is.

Yes, some other airlines are appreciably better, if you disagree then at least give me a rundown on the ones that you don't think are better.

Old 04-19-2017, 07:41 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Calmly refusing to vacate your seat IS INITIATION OF VIOLENCE. Blockading property that does not belong to you is INITIATION OF VIOLENCE.

Once security instructs you to get up and get off the plane, the proper response, since you don't own the plane or the seat, is to follow orders. If you are treated illegally, then you may sue later or make the decision not to use that airline again, or go on social media and lambast them.

But the decision to blockade the seat IS AN ACT OF VIOLENCE. The decision to blockade is justification for a violent response.

It's really very simple.
Go try your theory at a rental house to a tenant who's rent is paid and there's no paperwork to evict and see what happens.
Dao paid for his seat and the airline both accepted payment AND allowed him to sit in it therefore it was his for the length of the flight.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Go try your theory at a rental house to a tenant who's rent is paid and there's no paperwork to evict and see what happens.
Dao paid for his seat and the airline both accepted payment AND allowed him to sit in it therefore it was his for the length of the flight.
I think it would be more comparable to a hotel room. A hotel can refund a guest their money and remove them from a room for cause.

Keep in mind, I still blame UA for what happened.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:47 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,145,441 times
"I think it would be more comparable to a hotel room. A hotel can refund a guest their money and remove them from a room for cause."

Only if the hotel can find a comparable room at the next hotel in the middle of night and use a limousine to send the guests over there.

Will the hotel guest, who has already occupied the room, willingly vacate the room not because of his own fault but because the hotel management needs the room?

Either side will call police. (I don't think the hotel security dare use force to drag the guest from the room.) Will the police be on the side of the hotel management? Most likely the police would advise the hotel to settle the issue with the guest.

Many people in this country have already forgotten that airline, hotel, restaurant,.....etc all belong to the service industry which customers should come first. When other service-oriented countries like Japan heard what had happened with UA, most people were in disbelief!

Old 04-19-2017, 08:55 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,145,441 times
A hidden cause why most staff in the airline industry have such bad attitude is because they are not tipped.

Staff working in the similar service industry like hotel and restaurant got tipped.

The waitress in Apple Bee expects being tipped 15-20% of the bill after they serve you food and drink.

But the flight attendants serve the coach class passengers with drink and snack, they receive no tip.

They serve the Business class passengers with food and drink more frequently, still no tip.

I guess if they are tipped with 15-20% of the airfare, definitely they will not call police to drag the customer off the seat!

Old 04-19-2017, 09:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Lee View Post
A hidden cause why most staff in the airline industry have such bad attitude is because they are not tipped.

Staff working in the similar service industry like hotel and restaurant got tipped.

The waitress in Apple Bee expects being tipped 15-20% of the bill after they serve you food and drink.

But the flight attendants serve the coach class passengers with drink and snack, they receive no tip.

They serve the Business class passengers with food and drink more frequently, still no tip.

I guess if they are tipped with 15-20% of the airfare, definitely they will not call police to drag the customer off the seat!
Eh not really. Southwest typically has great crews, they aren't tipped. However, they are far more guest service oriented than United's lack of customer service. I've spoke of my own bad experience with United as well as others who had faced similar seated bumps whether crew or "more important customer" related, AFTER boarding. United crews just seem systematically annoyed and to not care about customers.

I don't see tipping helping improve service. Benchmarking GREAT service improves service. I work in stadium security, we are told to use Disney/Chamber of Commerce service when guests are coming in, during events and leaving the event. We aren't tipped for what we do BUT we do go above and beyond like we would be tipped.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:06 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I'm going to ask you again, where is the fear induced mob mentality in this situation. I have no idea what you are talking about when you claim there is.
Since I've already outlined it earlier in the thread, and informed you of that already, the logical conclusion is that you are simply obstinately refusing to acknowledge what I've written. I'm not going to pander to such evasions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies