Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 01:18 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump doesn't really care about the marijuana issues, but will come down against it as part of the war on drug smuggling - drug smuggling from Mexico & south that is destroying our inner cities & youth.
got much worse stuff to worry about and put time and money on than- weed- trust me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 01:19 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The funniest thing about the way this situation has played out is...Sessions HATES marijuana.

However, the type of republican he is, he's big on the federal gov't staying out of state business.

The STATES (Washington, Colorado, etc) voted to legalize it, and it has been 100% positive. Colorado generated over $300,000,000 in tax revenue from legal pot sales last year, with over $45,000,000 of that going to Colorado Public Schools.

If Sessions stays true to his own beliefs when it comes to small government, he will let the states continue to deal with their own legalization issues when it comes to pot, and not have the feds interfere.

If Sesssions does interfere, and has the feds enforce marijuana laws, it will make him look really, really bad and the entire country will call him out on his hypocrisy.
does Sessions drink? wondering if he is a quaker

Old 04-20-2017, 01:23 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Have fun! I envy you. Couldn't care less about the high, but I do love the Rocky Mountains.
Rocky Mountain High

Old 04-20-2017, 01:28 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The funniest thing about the way this situation has played out is...Sessions HATES marijuana.

However, the type of republican he is, he's big on the federal gov't staying out of state business.

The STATES (Washington, Colorado, etc) voted to legalize it, and it has been 100% positive. Colorado generated over $300,000,000 in tax revenue from legal pot sales last year, with over $45,000,000 of that going to Colorado Public Schools.

If Sessions stays true to his own beliefs when it comes to small government, he will let the states continue to deal with their own legalization issues when it comes to pot, and not have the feds interfere.

If Sesssions does interfere, and has the feds enforce marijuana laws, it will make him look really, really bad and the entire country will call him out on his hypocrisy.
I agree.

I actually like Sessions as a person after separating what his detractors have been trying to cram down our throats about him and the actual man.

However, I hate and am embarrassed by his idiotic stance on a substance as mundane as weed. To not even open your mind to the medical and social possibilities of weed, hemp (industrial) etc. is mind-numbing.

I say pick your battles. If you want to annoy libby snowflakes, go after bigger fish, like Unplanned Parenthood or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Trump probably realizes that life can be enjoyed without taking mind-altering drugs.
That's true, but most people are too shallow and don't have the fortitude nor drive to go after the natural high, spiritually fit life which far surpasses attempting to artificially raise your consciousness through the use of chemicals and the like. Trump gets it though, believe it or not. But most folks can't get into too much trouble with just weed if they tried. Alcohol for some, about 1 in 10 of us, is way worse and more dangerous.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-20-2017 at 01:37 PM..

Old 04-20-2017, 01:30 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
So during the Obama years I believe most States have gone more pro Marijuana, ranging from just making it a low priority to making it a legal drug. Has Trump said anything about Marijuana? What are you predictions on the issue, federal vs state?
I don't think he cares about Marijuana. I don't think he's for it or against it. Pot is way down the list for Trump, but I think most of his administration is down with the war on Drugs. The only Drug I see Trump really going after is heroin.

If I where a betting man, I would say that the Trump administration won't really go after marijuana, due to bigger fish to fry, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if they eventually did get around to it.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He has made it clear ALL laws much be enforced, so unless the Congress legalizes pot, or he will close shops in CO, WA etc. And his AG is strictly against any form of legalization.
dream on mate, closing weed stores would simply lock the Republicans out of marginal states, suicide move if you ask me... but you are entitled to dream on..

btw weed prices are very reasonable in WA, no crime wave, no increase in road deaths, generally everything is fine....

today is 4/20....

Old 04-20-2017, 01:36 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
True. His base is more into meth anyways.
His base is more anti-drug bible thumpers than anything. Most drug addicts or criminally minded people gravitate toward socially liberal politics. That's pretty well documented

Old 04-20-2017, 01:39 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
His base is more anti-drug bible thumpers than anything. Most drug addicts or criminally minded people gravitate toward socially liberal politics. That's pretty well documented
Thanks for the lesson. My post was tongue in cheek. How would I know they use meth?

Old 04-20-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Trump probably realizes that life can be enjoyed without taking mind-altering drugs.
As long as his life is paid for by the tax payers.

You love you some Trump, don't you?

Old 04-20-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Have fun! I envy you. Couldn't care less about the high, but I do love the Rocky Mountains.
I have to admit they are not hard to look at and enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies