Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 01:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times

Advertisements

If he believes in states' rights as he said (like that actually means anything), he'll leave it alone.

If Sessions makes weed an issue, he (Sessions) is going to get very unpopular very fast.

Last edited by Enigma777; 04-20-2017 at 01:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 01:42 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Rocky Mountain High
I wondered who would catch it first.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:42 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I agree.

I actually like Sessions as a person after separating what his detractors have been trying to cram down our throats about him and the actual man.

However, I hate and am embarrassed by his idiotic stance on a substance as mundane as weed. To not even open your mind to the medical and social possibilities of weed, hemp (industrial) etc. is mind-numbing.

I say pick your battles. If you want to annoy libby snowflakes, go after bigger fish, like Unplanned Parenthood or something.

That's true, but most people are too shallow and don't have the fortitude nor drive to go after the natural high, spiritually fit life which far surpasses attempting to artificially raise your consciousness through the use of chemicals and the like. Trump gets it though, believe it or not. But most folks can't get into too much trouble with just weed if they tried. Alcohol for some, about 1 in 10 of us, is way worse and more dangerous.
Exactly. Alcohol destroys so many lives and families.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:43 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
That's true, but most people are too shallow and don't have the fortitude nor drive to go after the natural high, spiritually fit life which far surpasses attempting to artificially raise your consciousness through the use of chemicals and the like.
Eh. My body isn't some temple. It's a meat robot run by a brain filled with all kinds of chemicals. Exogenous ones, used reasonably, can be just another tool in the toolkit.
Quote:
Trump gets it though, believe it or not.
I think not. I'm usually not a huge Trump detractor (mainly because I shy away from Presidential politics and politicians themselves) but I really don't think he lives an examined life.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Rocky Mountain High
John agrees.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:44 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
So what states and what kinds of jobs can those that smoke pot get? I know here they drug test and pot heads just try to stay on public assistance. If someone gets in or causes an accident in the workplace, they immediately drug test.

Also, where legalized, didn't it bring in a lot of homeless and people that maybe weren't the desired type of citizens for an area? I guess they are going to divert some of the profits for pot to the homeless. Geesh!

All laws should be enforced. They have started drug testing suspected drug users here and denying them public benefits and they can't pass the drug test to work. Just something to think about.

States' rights? I thought control of drugs fell under the federal government, not the state.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:45 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
It is a good point that it is much "politically safer" to KEEP something illegal that it is to allow it and then take it away shortly after.

A federal crackdown would probably be political suicide... at the very least in the states where it is currently legal.

People do not remember when you *dont* give them something, sometimes they remember when you do give them something, but they ALWAYS remember when you take something away.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:46 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
He does seem to really like chocolate cake, so it's entirely possible that he's on marijuana, yes.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So what states and what kinds of jobs can those that smoke pot get? I know here they drug test and pot heads just try to stay on public assistance. If someone gets in or causes an accident in the workplace, they immediately drug test.

Also, where legalized, didn't it bring in a lot of homeless and people that maybe weren't the desired type of citizens for an area? I guess they are going to divert some of the profits for pot to the homeless. Geesh!

All laws should be enforced. They have started drug testing suspected drug users here and denying them public benefits and they can't pass the drug test to work. Just something to think about.

States' rights? I thought control of drugs fell under the federal government, not the state.
People that smoke pot can get the same types of jobs of those that drink. If a company tests for it then pot smokers won't apply for it. I know quite a few professionals that make good money that are casual users. I don't know any pot heads that are on public assistance. Can you supply a link that states they are all on public assistance or did you just make that up? I am sure there are some but there are non pot users that are also on public assistance.

There is a big transient population that came in here but there was already a ton of homeless here. Now that California and Nevada have legalized it I suspect they will migrate that way because of the warmer winters.

The federal government will not enforce it. They may threaten to but they know it is in their best interest not to.

Trump needs to come to his sense and realize how much tax money the country is missing out on.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:51 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
Eh. My body isn't some temple. It's a meat robot run by a brain filled with all kinds of chemicals. Exogenous ones, used reasonably, can be just another tool in the toolkit. I think not. I'm usually not a huge Trump detractor (mainly because I shy away from Presidential politics and politicians themselves) but I really don't think he lives an examined life.
I don't, either. I am a frequent detractor, and I don't apologize for that, but honestly, I think he is much too driven by ambition and approval-seeking to be very happy on any deep level. He seems to me to care more about public adulation than anything else. Sometimes I almost pity him. Almost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies