Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 01:07 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,956,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
If Trump cut my taxes, I would use two-thirds (of the additional part of my income that wasn't confiscated) to invest more in my future in order to be able to self-sustain in retirement, and one-third to spend in the local economy (farmer's market, restaurants, local events). I'd probably increase the amount I give through Patreon to content creators I support.
Most of the tax cuts will go to the richest 1% who will hoard most of the money in the Cayman Islands, and spend some of it on foreign vacations (benefiting foreign economies) and hijack the political system with bribes. This is what it is designed to do. Less power for Joe Sixpack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2017, 01:09 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Most of the tax cuts will go to the richest 1%...
Who gives a $hit?

I said what I would do if my confiscation percentage was lowered.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Who gives a $hit?

I said what I would do if my confiscation percentage was lowered.
Everyone should be concerned about the massive gap between public policy and public opinion in America. The 1% own the political system already. More political power to the 1% at a time of the highest inequality since 1929 is a recipe for disaster.

Your far right libertarian agenda has historically led to far left revolutions by the way. I am sure many libertarians are closet communists because the best way to ensure communism is to support the libertarian agenda.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:18 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
There's a lot of 1%ers on this forum... that's the reason.
No, there isn't.

This board demonstrates the veracity of the old quote that American poor "see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

Old 04-22-2017, 01:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,241,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Personally, I couldn't care less about what he does with the "top 1%" as long as my taxes get lowered too.

Why is the left so obsessed with the "top 1%" ?
Let's say I'm a member of the "left" who IS a 1%er. Am I allowed to care?

I mean, just theoretically.

I know it doesn't fit the narrative, but they don't call some of us "coastal elites" for nothing.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
<stuff>
Are you basically saying you want to help me increase my individual power.......... by taking more of my money away from me?

How can you not understand that my economic liberty and financial self-determination are REDUCED when you take more of what I earn away from me by force?

How can you not understand that growing the government concentrates MORE power in this authoritarian institution?

Old 04-22-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
...they don't call some of us "coastal elites" for nothing...
Cute. I wonder if desertdetroiter will show up to call you names as he did to me in this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...y-payroll.html

Old 04-22-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Are you basically saying you want to help me increase my individual power.......... by taking more of my money away from me?

How can you not understand that my economic liberty and financial self-determination are REDUCED when you take more of what I earn away from me by force?

How can you not understand that growing the government concentrates MORE power in this authoritarian institution?
Your libertarian agenda is the agenda that best paves the way for a communist revolution. Pretty sure many of your friends in the party are closet communists. Something that should concern you.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Your libertarian agenda is the agenda that best paves the way for a communist revolution.
So... having more of my money taken from me actually makes me more free? And being able to keep more of my money from the authorities actually causes us to slip further into communism? That's the logic you're gonna stick with here?
Quote:
Pretty sure many of your friends in the party are closet communists.
I'm not now nor have I ever been a member of any "party." If you want go around thinking people who advocate for things like individual freedom and limits on collectivist authority are actually commies in disguise, I can't stop you.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
So... having more of my money taken from me actually makes me more free? And being able to keep more of my money from the authorities actually causes us to slip further into communism? That's the logic you're gonna stick with here?I'm not now nor have I ever been a member of any "party." If you want go around thinking people who advocate for things like individual freedom and limits on collectivist authority are actually commies in disguise, I can't stop you.
Historically, your type of libertarian extremism has led to far left revolutions, yes. Because libertarianism leads to so much pain and suffering. So if you are on the extreme left, it makes perfect sense to push the libertarian agenda to pave the way for a revolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies