Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 02:45 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I am a Conservative Catholic and I am against any sort of molestation or persecution of gays. I as conservative catholic think they don't deserve adoption of orphans since orphans need the figure of Mother and Father. But out from that I would never push any law to pursue them and will protest any law to phisically hurt them.
So what is your opinion on gays and lesbians who have their own kids? should they be taken away and not be allowed to see their biological parents? Sorry but (all) religion is a big problem in the world.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:42 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
My solution as an American is the same as it always is: allow Gay Chehens to immigrate to the United States.
If they could get to an embassy I wonder if they could ask for Asylum....because no way they're going to fill out some citizenship paperwork saying their gay in Chechnya or of course Saudi Arabia and most other Islamic countries.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:07 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Muslim countries do horrible things to gays all over the world, that's the common denominator.

So here we have (yet another) Muslim country doing the same and obviously Putin is anti-gay but he's not the common thread in literally murdering gays.

I'm not against you at all. I'm against the ridiculousness of your argument that this is really a Putin problem. It's a muslim problem, Putin just doesn't happen to give a crap.

The R's want to make everything about muslims and claim they're all bad and the D's want to make everything about Putin and nothing about muslims. *shrug*

Don't cry that I'm picking on you for being a lib a con or whatever....when it's really the point that you're clearly making an illogical argument out of clear political bias.
Rubbish and you know what you are saying is rubbish. But you are simply too uncomfortable to admit your mistake.
and like most people who are proved completely wrong you shift ground and shift again until the conversation is about something else.

You attacked my post because i linked the chechnya's ruler directly to Putin and pointed out how Putin installed him, assists and instructs him.

Putin put him there to beat down the people,, to rule with extreme aggression, and targeting gays to "wipe" them out has a lot to do with Putin's encouragement. Why you wish to fight over this is hard to know.

But i am going to assume it is just your desire to defend Trump/Russia/GOP no matter the topic no matter the position...

You feel free to deny it as much as you like , but your denial that putin is responsible for this madman and his murderous torturous reign is simply silly

Old 04-25-2017, 05:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Rubbish and you know what you are saying is rubbish. But you are simply too uncomfortable to admit your mistake.
and like most people who are proved completely wrong you shift ground and shift again until the conversation is about something else.

You attacked my post because i linked the chechnya's ruler directly to Putin and pointed out how Putin installed him, assists and instructs him.

Putin put him there to beat down the people,, to rule with extreme aggression, and targeting gays to "wipe" them out has a lot to do with Putin's encouragement. Why you wish to fight over this is hard to know.

But i am going to assume it is just your desire to defend Trump/Russia/GOP no matter the topic no matter the position...

You feel free to deny it as much as you like , but your denial that putin is responsible for this madman and his murderous torturous reign is simply silly
They interviewed a Russian ? yesterday and flat out asked him if Putin could put a stop to it. His answer was 'yes, of course he could". He would have only to say the word.

Old 04-25-2017, 06:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If they could get to an embassy I wonder if they could ask for Asylum....because no way they're going to fill out some citizenship paperwork saying their gay in Chechnya or of course Saudi Arabia and most other Islamic countries.
That's the question!!! How do we get them from there to here.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:12 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times
Quote:
Chechnya wants to eliminate gay community by end of May, reports suggest
Chechnya wants to eliminate gay community by end of May, reports suggest | The Independent

The LBGT community is being exterminated!!!

Old 04-25-2017, 07:15 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

Sorry, what YOU are saying is not exactly *rubbish, * but very poor understanding of situation in Russia.
After all the bloodshed and wars in Chechnya ( which took place EXACTLY because of Islam and reluctance of Russians to have a radical Islamic state in strategic for Russia location,) Putin struck a deal with one of the Chechen "commanders" that assured peace in the region, but not without concessions on the part of Russian government. And one of such concessions ( not counting the money that Putin's government pours into Chechnya) is acknowledgment of Islam in its more pronounced form that Russians are historically used to, and with this comes all the anti-gay rhetoric.
So Mathguy is correct - it's more about Islam than anything else.

Last edited by erasure; 04-25-2017 at 08:24 PM..

Old 04-25-2017, 07:59 PM

626 posts, read 381,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
It's pretty much happened in the middle east already... ahem Islam

No shock here.

Old 04-25-2017, 08:06 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It would be hard to do.
They are not a member of the UN.
Maybe the UN can admit Chechnya and put them in charge of a commission for the rights of gay people.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:01 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
This is a complete genocide which is being ignored by global leaders, and certainly won't be mentioned by our Oaf in Chief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies