Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2017, 04:30 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,898,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Funny, given the obtuse posts you've made in this thread that you are calling others who don't agree with you "obtuse".

Find one country in this world that has never been "invaded" at any time in its history. Then once you find it, you can go and "invade" it
You can laugh all you want it doesn't change the facts about the history of the USA. So your excuse is Johnny did it too.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:37 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
There are things that are Wrong, that exist outside of laws. Like, Genocide, entirely legal for the settlers and Hitler too,
Laws are written by very flawed humans-
like I said human migration will always exist and continue.

No one has the right to migrate illegally. What part of that don't you get? Every country in the world has internationally recognized borders with immigration laws. There is nothing wrong with that as those laws are in place to protect the citizens of each country. Genocide by anyone has nothing to do with that issue.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:42 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No one has the right to migrate illegally. What part of that don't you get? Every country in the world has internationally recognized borders with immigration laws. There is nothing wrong with that as those laws are in place to protect the citizens of each country. Genocide by anyone has nothing to do with that issue.
What don't you get? Have I mentioned anything about rights?
Its a fact. Humans migrate.
(also, that genocide is wrong. and people will always flee those situations- thus Syria, much of the middle eastern conflict/ civil wars- leading to outmigration).

Ahhh I am getting loopy, I think I will go tend my pansies, have a craft brew, and clip my dog, lol
Cheers!

Old 04-27-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Because the majority of us here come from families who did immigrate. The nation was built on it

That still doesn't make us a nation of immigrants today! Why can't you get that? Decades have gone by and now we are mostly a nation of American born citizens not immigrants and have been for some time now.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:50 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
I have relatives who came here legally from the Philippines. They had to get green cards and are waiting in line to get citizenship. Some of my relatives are already citizens. All of them pay their taxes and know English.

What infuriates me is that we have people who came here illegally (or should we say "trespassed") and are living with benefits from the government. Now they want automatic citizenship, which is a slap in the face to those who are legally here and waiting in line for citizenship.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:54 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
We are a nation that is being invaded by gay frogs and lizard people, so yes we are a nation of immigrants

Signed,
Alex Jones
Super Conservative

Old 04-27-2017, 04:59 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
OMG.

Get over it, folks.

First, this entire discussion is just a bunch of hooey.

A significant portion of our population is made up by immigrants. 13.5% are immigrants, and 26% of ALL children in the United States reside with immigrant parents.

That means that immigrants have a significant impact on our culture and society.

And even if you reject that, this nation was still founded by immigrants. The people who immigrated to the New World imported their culture, their laws, their perspectives to this new place, and eventually broke free of the European countries to create something unique. The immigrants who came after the founding of the nation have all contributed to what we are now, what we will be in the future.
Not quite. Our laws are primarily based on British Common Law (as undergirded by the Bible) and those who came here became Americans in the fullest sense, even though in their homes they may have practiced some of their old world traditions (it's why we have some Italian foods, French breads, and pastries, etc, etc.) But American culture is fully American.

This experiment in "multiculturalism" of recent decades is a mistake, and it divides us. Further, Muslims will not be Americanized (they don't want to be) and their laws and culture is at odds with the U.S. Constitution and the ideas of Liberty. They do not believe in it. This is one reason it is dangerous to thow our borders open to them and claim "they just want what we want." No, they don't. They want to make us accept what they are, and change our culture to conform with theirs. That's why they push for Sharia Law. They think Sharia is superior to our Constitution, and do not accept our laws.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:00 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
Because the majority of us here come from families who did immigrate. The nation was built on it
What is the purpose if calling this "a nation of immigrants"? What point are you trying to make?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:35 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
My statement is an accurate statement you post doesn't discredit my statement because it's factual.
Actually, it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
You can laugh all you want it doesn't change the facts about the history of the USA. So your excuse is Johnny did it too.
It really is hard trying to reason with unreasonable people like you. I'm sure you consider yourself open minded, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
What is the purpose if calling this "a nation of immigrants"? What point are you trying to make?
The point is to bash anyone that wasn't here 5000 years ago, so we really have no right to be here. More left wing wackamole games and nothing more.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
What don't you get? Have I mentioned anything about rights?
Its a fact. Humans migrate.
(also, that genocide is wrong. and people will always flee those situations- thus Syria, much of the middle eastern conflict/ civil wars- leading to outmigration).

Ahhh I am getting loopy, I think I will go tend my pansies, have a craft brew, and clip my dog, lol
Cheers!

You implied that migrating is a human right. Well, it's not! Genocide has nothing to do with this topic either. If someone is in danger of their life then they can ask for asylum. That's not immigration in the true sense of the word. The objection is to those who come here illegally for no other reason than economics. Well, we can't allow every one in the world to come here for that reason. We cannot be the flophouse and employment agency to the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies