Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2017, 06:08 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,438,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Answer what?
You know what.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
And again, when the point of the thread is to simply bash a hated ex POTUS for doing what other ex's do and did,it is. Your agreement or disagreement with the concept of them giving speeches at all is irrelevant.
+Change+. We did not get it. Yes, he is just the same as the rest. A corporate *****.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:10 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,428,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
How is former President Obama disgraced? He did his 8 years. No scandals, took down Bin Laden, brought the country from close to 10% unemployment back to about 4.5%, which, in historical context, is great.

Where is the disgrace again?

As for the speaking fee, Google speaking fees for other politicians.
Hell, google speaking fees for anyone with a well known name - athletes, self help gurus, reality tv stars, etc.

I still don't see why people are so butt hurt about a private US citizen making money. What is Obama supposed to do? Flip burgers to show he stands with the working class?

Old 04-30-2017, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Hell, google speaking fees for anyone with a well known name - athletes, self help gurus, reality tv stars, etc.

I still don't see why people are so butt hurt about a private US citizen making money. What is Obama supposed to do? Flip burgers to show he stands with the working class?
He's getting $60 million for his memoir......what did he say?

“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money”

Al Capone made a lot of money. Bill Gates made a lot of money. There is a difference. This is a pay off for all he did for Wall Street the last eight years. His book isn't going to cover the costs.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Upshot of thread: When a Dem ex POTUS does what GOP ex POTUS's do, he is wrong,evil,greedy, etc.

Geez, the stupidity of the right never stops.

I actually saved the link of this thread on my desktop so I can reference it whenever this subject comes up in the future.

Businesses ruining the environment to make a buck = GOOD

Ex- president making money by doing speaking engagements = BAD

Certain people just don't like it when certain others make money, no matter how its done.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:15 AM

51,739 posts, read 26,055,986 times
Quote:
Answer what? Whether ex POTUS's should be giving speeches? Why not? Are you for taking away the rights of a private citizen to speak when he wishes? Why?
No reason. We just don't like Obama.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No reason. We just don't like Obama.
I've stated plenty of reasons to not like him.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He's getting $60 million for his memoir......what did he say?

“I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money”

Al Capone made a lot of money. Bill Gates made a lot of money. There is a difference. This is a pay off for all he did for Wall Street the last eight years. His book isn't going to cover the costs.
Honestly, your Wall Street talk is just conjecture. I don't believe Obama is as slimy as you do. Cover the costs of what?

Full quote:

Quote:
We’re not, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that’s fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you’ve made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you’re providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy.
His point was that at a certain point, you have enough money to live a very rich life and that money should be taxed. I agree with him and so many other tax systems around the world.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Honestly, your Wall Street talk is just conjecture. I don't believe Obama is as slimy as you do. Cover the costs of what?
During Obama’s Presidency Wealth Inequality has Increased and Poverty Levels are Higher

During Obama

Quantitative easing has pernicious effects that favour the wealthy

https://www.theguardian.com/business...x-middle-class

"As slimy"........slimy is slimy. The lesser of two evils is still evil.

Quote:
His point was that at a certain point, you have enough money to live a very rich life and that money should be taxed. I agree with him and so many other tax systems around the world.
No, that is NOT what he said. It's sad so many refuse to be honest. It's why we have Trump.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:32 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,169,823 times
While Goldman Sachs executive presented the proposed tax outline.

Yeah -- nothing wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies