Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 02:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Well Well, after Trump shouting Pay to play for months looks like unregistered lobbyist Corey Lewandowski

has been caught trying to sell access to Trump and his team!

This is balant pay to play and Cory is caught RED HANDED

Don't see how he is getting out of this.

It seems everyone on or off Team Trump is up to their necks in scandals. No amount of graft , bribes etc is too much for these guys.
If this is true, than I am sure Hillary's supporters agree she should pay the price for doing the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
No wonder the White House visitor logs are sealed.
Sounds to me its been going on for a while now. How come the left never brought this up during President Obama's term, allowing who knows who in?
Appeals court says White House visitor logs can be kept from public
President Obama and his successors in the Oval Office are not obligated to make public the names of individuals visiting the White House, according to a decision of the federal Circuit Court for the District of Columbia made public Friday.

The case was brought by Judicial Watch, the government watchdog nonprofit that has been fighting a long legal battle seeking to force release of the White House visitor logs as public records under the Freedom of Information Act.
But in a decision that is drawing intense criticism from across the ideological spectrum, the circuit court said the president has a "constitutional perogative" not to tell the American people who he or his staff meets with in the White House.
The court said the president has such a prerogative because he is not covered by the FOIA and because of "special policy considerations" that allow exemption of visitor logs from classification as agency records subject to release under the public records law.

These threads will be worth reading when the anti-Trump people realize you never said anything when President Obama was keeping secrets. I wonder how many Muslim Brotherhood members President Trump has invited to the WH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 02:04 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If this is true, than I am sure Hillary's supporters agree she should pay the price for doing the same thing.

Sounds to me its been going on for a while now. How come the left never brought this up during President Obama's term, allowing who knows who in?
Appeals court says White House visitor logs can be kept from public
President Obama and his successors in the Oval Office are not obligated to make public the names of individuals visiting the White House, according to a decision of the federal Circuit Court for the District of Columbia made public Friday.

The case was brought by Judicial Watch, the government watchdog nonprofit that has been fighting a long legal battle seeking to force release of the White House visitor logs as public records under the Freedom of Information Act.
But in a decision that is drawing intense criticism from across the ideological spectrum, the circuit court said the president has a "constitutional perogative" not to tell the American people who he or his staff meets with in the White House.
The court said the president has such a prerogative because he is not covered by the FOIA and because of "special policy considerations" that allow exemption of visitor logs from classification as agency records subject to release under the public records law.

These threads will be worth reading when the anti-Trump people realize you never said anything when President Obama was keeping secrets. I wonder how many Muslim Brotherhood members President Trump has invited to the WH.
Trump won and was going to drain the swamp. Now by your own admission he is no better than disgraced former President Obama!

Old 04-29-2017, 02:07 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Corey Lewandowski is awesome. Wish he was White House Press Secretary

Old 04-29-2017, 02:18 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
This is what you get when you elect a man whose sole focus all his life is BUSINESS and making money. There is no off switch on Trump, he is still that hard driving salesman and real estate agent. How anyone thought he would divest himself from all his business interests and stop doing what he has done all his life, is fantasy.

This Presidency gig is just a way for him and his to make a lot more money than they could have otherwise. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 04-29-2017, 02:23 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
I think that the Donald does not realize of believe he has done anything wrong by asking for Russian help with the election, doing business at his "Palace in Florida", charging to people to see him or anything else. This is because he does not believe in law and only counts results that favor him.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:04 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,103,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Well Well, after Trump shouting Pay to play for months looks like unregistered lobbyist Corey Lewandowski

has been caught trying to sell access to Trump and his team!

This is balant pay to play and Cory is caught RED HANDED

Don't see how he is getting out of this.

It seems everyone on or off Team Trump is up to their necks in scandals. No amount of graft , bribes etc is too much for these guys.
I could care less about Lewandowski, I never particularly liked him, but after reading the article, there was nothing in there that would indicate that any laws were broken.

It was a very long winded article about pure speculation about what might be going on, and that it could possible be a violation of the law. You know, the usual we got nothing, but let's make it look like it is something.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Trump won and was going to drain the swamp. Now by your own admission he is no better than disgraced former President Obama!
Nice try! I didn't say let Lewandowski go, now did I?

Anything to deflect Hillary pulling the same play for pay and many of you feel she did nothing wrong.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:39 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Nice try! I didn't say let Lewandowski go, now did I?

Anything to deflect Hillary pulling the same play for pay and many of you feel she did nothing wrong.
Sure she did, but here in 2017 she's not president. Catch up with the rest of us.

It's cute to see you saying others are deflecting, as you deflect.

Old 04-29-2017, 04:51 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think that the Donald does not realize of believe he has done anything wrong by asking for Russian help with the election, doing business at his "Palace in Florida", charging to people to see him or anything else. This is because he does not believe in law and only counts results that favor him.
He's now spouting off about how the Constitution is archaic.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:07 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,388,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He's now spouting off about how the Constitution is archaic.
Honest to gosh the most stupid and horrifying things from him yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies