Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 11:54 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,941,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think he is learning what it feels like to be in the receiving end.

Those who show no respect, typically don't receive any.
Very true. This is a man who is used to being able to bully his way into getting anything he wanted. If someone dared to defy him, he would destroy them or get back at them in some way, he's like a spoiled adolescent in that regard.

Now Trump is in a situation where he has ZERO control on people reacting to his obvious lack of respect for our government, our liberties, our history, our veterans. And it is eating him alive, Trump has to be one of the most miserable public figures on the world stage today. Pretty scary when you think about it - we have a man devolving into madness as the commander in chief of the most powerful military forces in the world, with his finger on the button of a nuclear arsenal that could destroy the world many times over.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:15 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,229,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Typical, self-edifying, left wing attack against those with whom they disagree - and never an ounce of compromise in their ego-centered belief that they are the center of the universe and speak for the people of the United States of America.

Here's one for Colbert and his ilk: "When you insult the elected President and the office of the Presidency, you insult the people of the United States, our freedoms and the system upon which our government is founded. You promote yourself as being smarter than the millions who put him into office and all of the worthy opponents he defeated, while you denigrate the elective system upon which America was founded and operates.

You have not 'demolished' anything other than your own credibility and self-inflated sense of importance -- as you set aside all established standards of common decency and respect. Gloat while you are in the limelight, but, you are nothing more than a mediocre entertainer and lead nothing, but your own shadow.

You make no decisions and face no issues that influence anything beyond your own small, temporary circle of watchers. You will be long forgotten, while the President whom you so belligerently publicly insult will have an enormous influence on the world and country --- and will be long remembered. Enjoy your 15-minutes of fame ... then slink off into the bitter darkness where you belong.
He's a comedian. If you take it seriously, the jokes on you.

And no, insulting the president is not an insult to all of us. But saying that doing so is, that's an insult to the founding fathers. Because of your ilk, their vision has been destroyed. You're saying this is you saying you support despotism; ruler free of criticism. Do you know what I support? A public servant. The office of the presidency is bigger than one man and too many fail to see this. The president is not my ruler or my leader; he is my servant. And goddamn, when he does something I don't approve, not only is it my right but it is my duty to say something. To deny this to anyone is about as unamerican as it gets.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
If you didn't get it, it's not my fault. I won't draw you a graph.

You didn't get the sarcasm in my post, it's OK, but do not act as though SJWs haven't been throwing shade over comedians for stuff they've misinterpreted as sexist, racist or homophobic.

I was just pointing out that when Colbert conjured up prison stereotypes and fails to describe the act of male to male fellatio as anything other than a beautiful romantic thing, it doesn't anger the perpetually triggered SJW crowd? Apparently when used against Trump it's not deconstructed to imply homophobia?

I appreciate your attempt at debate though for a minute there I thought was feeding a....

YOU appear to be the one who is triggered.

If you don't like Colbert - don't watch. Your boycotts haven't been too effective so far. From what I can see, Starbucks is still standing.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
maybe you should have put out a better candidate then
Save this partisan, petty bull**** for a youtube comment.

Who cares who ran against Trump. I don't like Trump. Deal with it. I am a free American and I have the right and duty to speak my mind as a member of the greatest, or at least once greatest, republic to ever exist. The validity of my criticism is not dependent on who an opposition party ran. I don't choose their candidate; the party does. I can offer my input but it's not my decision. I can only ever truly speak for myself. It makes no difference who the Democrats ran.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:25 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,640,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
He's a comedian. If you take it seriously, the jokes on you.

And no, insulting the president is not an insult to all of us. But saying that doing so is, that's an insult to the founding fathers. Because of your ilk, their vision has been destroyed. You're saying this is you saying you support despotism; ruler free of criticism. Do you know what I support? A public servant. The office of the presidency is bigger than one man and too many fail to see this. The president is not my ruler or my leader; he is my servant. And goddamn, when he does something I don't approve, not only is it my right but it is my duty to say something. To deny this to anyone is about as unamerican as it gets.
Oh give me a break. We were constantly lectured over the last 8 years about how any criticism of Obama..ANY CRITICISM, was considered hateful and racist and disrespectful to "The office of the President" Whether it was disagreement over his tax policy, who he allowed into the WH, his golf junkets, his foreign policy etc..

But of course, now its open season on Trump. To liberals, its ok to denigrate the "Office of the President" by joking about a funny sign about hoping Melania gets raped, that she should be deported, The constant jokes about Trump having orange skin et, al. To them, its all a joke.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:26 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,813,710 times
Gee, so edgy and courageous.
Glad I don't watch his show.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:27 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,619,709 times
Colbert had a lot to say about Trump and Putin. Now he’s silent amid #FireColbert backlash

Old 05-03-2017, 12:30 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,378,094 times
He's a comedian. I get it. I kinda like him. Kinda. But it's getting old fast. Real old.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh give me a break. We were constantly lectured over the last 8 years about how any criticism of Obama..ANY CRITICISM, was considered hateful and racist and disrespectful to "The office of the President" Whether it was disagreement over his tax policy, who he allowed into the WH, his golf junkets, his foreign policy etc..

But of course, now its open season on Trump. To liberals, its ok to denigrate the "Office of the President" by joking about a funny sign about hoping Melania gets raped, that she should be deported, The constant jokes about Trump having orange skin et, al. To them, its all a joke.
And this means what?

See, regardless, what you're saying isn't true. People made jokes about Obama all the time. Odds are, so did Colbert. And to those who did say any criticism was racist; **** those people too.

My point stands. To say it's unAmerican to uncritically support the president is unAmerica. It shows a lack of understanding of what the president is supposed to be.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:48 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
YOU appear to be the one who is triggered.

If you don't like Colbert - don't watch. Your boycotts haven't been too effective so far. From what I can see, Starbucks is still standing.
Calling conservatives the triggered ones doesn't do anything to switch the criticism away from you guys.

Yeah and you guys were so successful at taking down Chick-fil-A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies