Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:03 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
can you explain what your thinking, what you mean by taken down and reformed?

Law enforcement, (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is governed by the DOJ and Federal government, and honestly I never thought about what you just said. It is very possible, I just hope it's all for the better.

I believe the vast majority of police in this country do their jobs to the best of their ability & with compliance and loyalty to their communities.

what are you thinking? can you share?
Sure. There is a history of police abusing power especially in relatioship of the Black and Brown community.

You can't serve those who you don't know. You can't serve those who you hate. You can't serve those who you don't love.

There has been many articles written about White Supremacists in Law Enforcement. They also exist in every other secto of life as well.

Good officers should be able to go after the bad ones.

IMO, there will have to be a revolution to achieve a take down of the government including LE. It has to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 11:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This video brings up a very good point for conversation.

My son, did a stint in Afghanistan teaching those men how to police. He had an Interrupter and for the most part, some very memorable rewarding moments. He came back and once again, reapplied with another force in a tamer part of the country with the now K-9 unit.

However, he said, as soon as he got off the plane in Afghanistan, it was like walking back into Biblical times. One cannot believe how primitive those nations are. So, my point is, you cannot take a culture like that and integrated them into modern society, without a steadfast plan which covers many areas. You cannot properly vet them, b/c they are born in the desert, most of them don't even know how old they are, let alone carry birth records with them.

so, this story is very true....where I lived before for 20 years, we had a family come in from NYC, who were from the middle east. They literally drove thru our community around mid-night shoot a gun out of the window of their car in our community. This was a one way, one lane road, with homes on both sides.
They butchered and hung lamb from their trees to bleed them out. How would you like to see that in your community?

My point is...we need police, we need to listen to them, and more so, need to help them, by getting together on this by hounding our communities, our media, our government to put them in the spot light and show people how much they actually do. How much overtime they work, and yes, they should be equipped with bigger guns then the criminals. We need to support them.
When a country is continually bombed by other countries it will tend to not make it a nice place.

Life before the Taliban: Photos show Afghanistan before it plunged into hell | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-03-2017, 11:36 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Proof that Chicago needs tougher firearms laws.
You want to make it harder for people to defend themselves?

Old 05-03-2017, 11:40 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
One question: Where's Trump?

What if he pumped billions into fixing inner-cities like he said he would, instead of building a wall...

"I'm going to make african-american neighbohroods safe again." Okay, Trump. You've been president for 100 days now. WHEN? When are you going to go in there and help?

Or was that just campaign B.S.???
His "I'm going to make African-American neighborhoods safe again" thing is a joke. African-American neighborhoods have historically been in worse shape than other parts of major cities. More poverty, more environmental problems, more crime, more violence, alot of violence compared to other parts of cities.

I won't bring Chicago up in this case. Let's use Atlanta. Atlanta had one of the highest murder rates in the nation back in that "great time" known as the 1950s. Murder rates hovered in the high 20s per 100,000 to mid 30s per 100,000. Chicago in the 50s actually had a much lower murder rate than Atlanta.

http://digitalcommons.auctr.edu/cgi/...=dissertations

Old 05-03-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
His "I'm going to make African-American neighborhoods safe again" thing is a joke. African-American neighborhoods have historically been in worse shape than other parts of major cities. More poverty, more environmental problems, more crime, more violence, alot of violence compared to other parts of cities.

I won't bring Chicago up in this case. Let's use Atlanta. Atlanta had one of the highest murder rates in the nation back in that "great time" known as the 1950s. Murder rates hovered in the high 20s per 100,000 to mid 30s per 100,000. Chicago in the 50s actually had a much lower murder rate than Atlanta.

There is so much that goes into the Black neighborhood thing.

Serious question. How many Black people live in Black neighborhoods? I don't. Last check my zipcode is 45% Black. The remaining percentage are asian and White. We have very little crime.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:49 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,574,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Unfortunately they don't have a choice. They get assigned there. They must be racist. Most likely they were harassing black youth who didn't do nothing!!
The perpetrators may or may not have been black but Back of the Yards is a Mexican neighborhood.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:53 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

your right, in my opinion, the only one who can make African-American neighborhoods safe again, is if, African - Americans, do it themselves and actually they are doing it, but slower than most would like. What they have to do, is stop having babies when 14 and out of wedlock, concentrate on education, college and being moral responsible parents. It takes generations to change society....but, it is changing....it takes values and morals to be a good person...you cannot give what you've never known, therefore, crime is breeding crime. That has to stop for change, and no one, not even government can change it. What they can do, if fund programs that teach those things, and teach them in every aspect of their lives...break down the gangs. Gangs start b/c those kids have no caring parents, and they want to belong to something. They want to feel successful...so by joining a gang, they feed off of each other.

This generation right now is lost....but, there is hope...it most certainly can be done, but Trump isn't going to do it....but he can start the programs and put many of them in place and clean up the corruption within what programs we have now.

I believe when you clean up crime, all else starts to fall into place, but it isn't an over night outcome, it will take years of hard work....within those generations of African-Americans.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
The perpetrators may or may not have been black but Back of the Yards is a Mexican neighborhood.
I was laughing at that. People who don't know subject always makes themselves look bad

Old 05-03-2017, 11:58 AM

865 posts, read 623,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Proof that Chicago needs tougher firearms laws.
Dumbest post on CD to date.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:15 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,522,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And there it is - all cops are bad and all minorities are good.

At least the poster has the guts to say what he believes.
Never said that CON.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies