Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 04:24 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Everyone is aware that racism exists, some won't admit it though. Racism is not exclusive to any particular race like many seem to believe. Racists come in all races.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:26 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
You're going to end up going into a rant about what lies beneath the surface.
Yep, rant with lots of conspiracy theories and the like, but nothing with any real evidence, just... lots of allegations of intent.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:27 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,423,206 times
People will always find reasons to discriminate, whether it's racism or something else. Age discrimination is very bad in the US, but liberals don't mention it.

Scientific racism is based on the idea that evolution happens gradually, and that intelligence increases because of natural selection. If that were true, then some groups would be more intelligent than others. There is no evidence for that idea, but it is accepted by current science.

I think the truth is that evolution is not gradual, and intelligence increases for unknown reasons. But if you go along with the generally accepted theory, then you would have to accept racism, and eugenics.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:28 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Its mostly just obsessed about by corporate media with no real solutions at all, because they dont want to talk about the real issue of class, which would threaten the dominant media's stranglehold over public discourse. Who owns the media? What is their agenda? That is the question. Not some never ending back and forth about racist this, sexist that.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:31 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Right, this is why it's so hard to define. These systems are so incredibly complex that decoupling the exact factors that lead to it are not trivial. There's a reason people get doctorates on the subject, or even spend entire careers studying it. It's much harder to define than your old grandpa who still calls the bad side of town "black town".
People who know what they are talking about can very clearly explain a given position or point they are an expert of. When you hear people go on about how it is "complex", how it is "too hard to explain to the laymen", that it is "hard to define", they are essentially saying they have no clue what they are talking about.

People get doctorates in this crap because it is an easy way for small minded people to talk a bunch of meaningless talk and then look smart. It is akin to sitting and listening to a bunch of pot smokers theorize concepts of life, they are just idiots making up crap.

Fact is, we can explain very complex processes in science to a laymen, but apparently something as simple as systemic racism is "too complex"?

LOL

No wonder the STEM degrees are having trouble getting interest, you can't BS your way through them.

Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 3 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Yes, I am a liberal. But my brother in the rural deep south is conservative. We talked briefly about this recently, and he agreed with my statement "It looks like American racism is proving to be cyclical, just like European antisemitism's proved to be for centuries". I know that's just anecdote, but I though I'd just throw that out there.

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
You seriously just attempted to claim that individual racisms rarely happens, but systemic racism where society collectively focuses on attacking a group is a problem?
I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Very rarely do you see examples of overt racism directed at individual people. And when it happens, it garners headlines for a reason - because it is rare in this day and age. And very few people will actually admit to being a racist (even if they are, or hold racist beliefs). I'm not calling out anyone specifically here - just explaining that concept.
It is very uncommon to see clear examples of overt racism. Overt defined as "done or shown openly; plainly or readily apparent, not secret or hidden".

You would disagree with this statement? If so, I have to believe you are living in a very different place than I am.

Quote:
That is not simply an invalid argument, it is insanity and why stupid people run around acting entitled. It is like you are reading straight from a progressive propaganda pamphlet.
Please, go ahead and show how it is an invalid argument.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:32 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
People who know what they are talking about can very clearly explain a given position or point they are an expert of. When you hear people go on about how it is "complex", how it is "too hard to explain to the laymen", that it is "hard to define", they are essentially saying they have no clue what they are talking about.

People get doctorates in this crap because it is an easy way for small minded people to talk a bunch of meaningless talk and then look smart. It is akin to sitting and listening to a bunch of pot smokers theorize concepts of life, they are just idiots making up crap.

Fact is, we can explain very complex processes in science to a laymen, but apparently something as simple as systemic racism is "too complex"?

LOL

No wonder the STEM degrees are having trouble getting interest, you can't BS your way through them.
So you don't think systemic racism is still a thing. Got it. I could share with you plenty of research and documentation on it...but I doubt you'll read any of it (although, if you are interested, let me know and I'll share).

Please show your data that backs up your conclusion, since you are clearly an expert on this matter (like on so many other topics, it seems!).

I love the little jab at STEMs there at the end. Classy.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 05-03-2017 at 04:54 PM..

Old 05-03-2017, 04:33 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
LOL. And here is a perfect example of racism still existing just now right here as a poster cant comprehend the difference between a insult, and a racist insult:

Would it be OK to call Obama a grinning Chimpanzee?

Old 05-03-2017, 04:36 PM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Racism exists wherever you go in this country, trying to argue reverse racism like this ignores that it happens to the other side as well. And I grew up in Hawaii. They literally have a kill day haole day in schools. That in no way diminishes the white on other races discrimination which occurs far more often. Trying to minimize it is sad.
Which is what you and the Liberal Fascists like you are trying to do....which is sad. You think because you grew up in Hawaii you know anything about crime....ha. Try New Orleans which has a murder rate 25 times higher.

I've lived all over the planet, currently in Kuwait and the only nations of the world that don't grossly discriminate against other races is the white majority countries which is why everyone is moving to them. So don't lecture me with your bullsh*t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies