Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:49 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,955,534 times

Advertisements

If I'm walking down a dark street alone at night and a well dressed black man walks past me on his phone talking about how the Dow was up 1.5% today... I'm not gonna feel unsafe.

If I'm walking down the same street at night and a white guy with a tattoo on his neck, pants at his knees on the phone talking in "Ebonics" walks past me .. I'm gonna be a little nervous.

It's not the color of their skin, it's the way they present themselves. I think too many people believe people are being racist when really they're making observations.. shame on the people who think it's about race rather than character.

Don't want to be treated like a thug? Don't dress, act and talk like one.

There are plenty out there who are racists, But I also believe there are many being falsely labeled as such.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:01 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Do they really believe all racism today is against whites and there is no racism toward minorities?
Whites are a minority -- about 10-12% of the world's population. And we're a minority in Texas and California and Los Angeles and New York City and Dallas and Houston etc. etc. etc. And institutional racism in the USA is directed at whites and only whites.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:03 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Whites are a minority -- about 10-12% of the world's population. And we're a minority in Texas and California and Los Angeles and New York City and Dallas and Houston etc. etc. etc. And institutional racism in the USA is directed at whites and only whites.
That's true for all large urban areas run by Democrats, not just NYC and LA. Today's Democrats have proudly embraced racism in exchange for the votes of blacks and guilty white liberals.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Do they really believe all racism today is against whites and there is no racism toward minorities?
The word "racist" might as well be "idiot", because it has become a meaningless insult. The left took the words "racist" and "racism" and made them a farce.

For an entire eight years the left claimed that conservatives opposed liberal policies because the man who was the champion of them was black and they were racists.

"Sure, you've opposed expanding the welfare state for decades, but now you only oppose it because Obama is black. If a white Democrat proposed liberal ideas that are in opposition to conservative principles, you'd be throwing him a parade and saying you've been wrong all these years. RACISM!!"

Old 05-03-2017, 09:11 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Racism exists wherever you go in this country, trying to argue reverse racism like this . . . .
"Reverse racism" is an offensive racist term. It incorporates the racist belief that racism is a white thing when whites are far less racist than most people on this planet.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:26 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Do libs believe Blacks can be racist?
First of all, why do all democrats have to be labeled as libs. Certainly all republicans aren't labeled as conservatives. There are moderates in both parties. With that said, of course blacks can be racist. I was taught to treat others the way I wanted to be treated. It didn't matter about skin color, religion, ethnicity, whatever. Racism is taught. Why else would anyone be racist in this day and age. You may not like a person but what does that have to do with their skin color. Just look what happened to Adam Jones when he was on the field. It's heartbreaking the way he was treated. This was the great american sport and he was called racial slurs. Not so american. I think we all need to grow up and teach our children that racism is unacceptable and that we are all equal regardless the color of our skin.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:21 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
If I'm walking down a dark street alone at night and a well dressed black man walks past me on his phone talking about how the Dow was up 1.5% today... I'm not gonna feel unsafe.

If I'm walking down the same street at night and a white guy with a tattoo on his neck, pants at his knees on the phone talking in "Ebonics" walks past me .. I'm gonna be a little nervous.

It's not the color of their skin, it's the way they present themselves. I think too many people believe people are being racist when really they're making observations.. shame on the people who think it's about race rather than character.

Don't want to be treated like a thug? Don't dress, act and talk like one.

There are plenty out there who are racists, But I also believe there are many being falsely labeled as such.
Exactly. I don't think many people are making rash fight or flight decisions based on race when they see someone walking near them. They're seeing sketchy and sketchy can be any race.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:01 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
As a white person I have experienced racism from Hispanics and blacks - especially living in hispanic and black majority countries. Not saying blacks haven't suffered racisim from whites, clearly they have.

But I'd have to say currently the most racist, are radical hispanics. They are getting even more vocal than white supremacists.

Seeing how it's Rodney King week, "Can't we all just get along?"

Old 05-03-2017, 11:04 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
And institutional racism in the USA is directed at whites and only whites.
You could only say this true statement in anonymity. If expressed in public the SJWs would bludgeon you to death with their crayons and play-doh.

Try being a non-white and refusing to receive the benefits of the State's institutional racism. It confuses the hell out of the powers that be.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You could only say this true statement in anonymity. If expressed in public the SJWs would bludgeon you to death with their crayons and play-doh.

Try being a non-white and refusing to receive the benefits of the State's institutional racism. It confuses the hell out of the powers that be.
It is a false statement. Asians are widely discriminated in college admissions. Liberals focus more on discriminating against those whose demographic group exceeds the average demographic group. Equality!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies