Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 02:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,700,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And McConnell will pass it with 51 votes and people will start losing their healthcare. Can't wait to see how seniors react when their costs go up 3-5 times.
Don't you need 60 votes to repeal existing laws?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

41,110 posts, read 25,774,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Not my fault people are too stupid to know the difference between social democracy and communism. At least Scandinavia's social policies don't suffer from the "hooray for me, to hell with you" attitude that permeates this country.
That's exactly what we have in this country. People getting the subsidy could care less about people getting hammered with the premiums.

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Wow, you can predict the future? This whole notion that people are "dying in the streets" is completely false. Show me someone that died because the nearest ER turned him/her away.
I watched my mom die before the ACA from something that if she would have had insurance would have been caught early enough to save her life.

Thats how those numbers are calculated. Its also why I am so adamant about this sort of thing.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:49 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How do the people who are cheering this feel about Congress exempting themselves from this bill? ?
Paul Ryan just said they're NOT exempting themselves.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:50 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,645,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It will never be better as long as insurance companies are posting record profits, Cigna, Aetna, etc. How do you think they get those profits? By "not" paying for healthcare.

OH DEAR you messed up .

you tried to debate this.

FL Blue cross, is legally required to pay out 80% of all monies collected. and a max 20% for various overhead. they made 17% which means overhead was 3%.

but it gets better 92% of FL ACA receive PREMIUM tax credits to take the sting out of the costs.

What you did was simply give me more reason to PROVE it works. We know you hate seeing ACA work, we know you want to believe it is dying.

but with over 1.1 MILLION floridians on ACA and with 92% of them receiving tax credits it sounds like a win to me.

FL has about 7 insurers for 2017! FLORIDA is a swing state they want this to work so they are making it work . The GOP is LYING and breaking ACA out of spite and hate. They are liars , you know it , i know the whole of the USA knows that is why almost 70% of americans are now saying fix it , do not repeal do not repeal. GOP has spent a huge amount of effort to scare off insurers trying to break it.

https://www.healthinsurance.org/flor...ance-exchange/

https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaRe...016-03-11.html

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/arti...NEWS/160619946

Old 05-04-2017, 02:51 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,802,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I fixed that for you.

I just don't see why some people can't see the devastation that ACA caused. And now you're going to blame the Republicans? Can't you see the contradiction?
I just don't see why some people can't see the devastation that being denied insurance due to a preexisting condition caused. And sooner or later everyone aquires a preexisting condition.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:51 PM

7,188 posts, read 4,775,536 times
Hahaha!

I can't wait till the insurance companies start combing through medical records and putting hundreds of thousands of people in the pre existing condition pool.

The insurers are really going to clean up.

Get ready people. If the insurers find ONE set of vitals with a B/P of say, 142/80 they will assign you a Hx of Hypertension. Ever complain of back ache, knee pain, etc? Welcome to the pre existing conditions pools. Did you have gestational diabetes, preeclampsia? Gotcha!

I'm gonna have to stock up on popcorn.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:52 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,094,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
That's exactly what we have in this country. People getting the subsidy could care less about people getting hammered with the premiums.
You are over 50. Your rates are projected to double at the least. You are essentially cheering for your own demise.

44,259 posts, read 64,428,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I just don't see why some people can't see the devastation that being denied insurance due to a preexisting condition caused. And sooner or later everyone aquires a preexisting condition.
Difference was I actually paid LESS in premiums for my son's pre-existing condition and the insurance was FABULOUS and covered everything and there were practically no out of pocket costs.

Yes, I had to pay more for his condition, but it was still LESS than the premiums we face now. For good insurance. Not total crap.

That being said, there is no good argument for INSURANCE to be part of healthcare whatsoever.

We shouldn't even be talking about pre-existing conditions.

25,856 posts, read 16,558,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
How do the people who are cheering this feel about Congress exempting themselves from this bill? Taking the time to write that into the bill proves that even they know it's a POS, but they don't care because it's not going to affect them.

I'd love to hear some cult justification for that. If it's such a good law, why did the House Republicans go out of their way to make sure they are exempt from it?
I'm not cheering about anything. I'm lamenting the fact that our government is a bunch of bought and paid for children who will never do the right thing for Americans and that is to kick the capitalists and money whores out of healthcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies