Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,796,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The OP who asked if people hate the rich with no other qualifier for that hate than than wealth.
Diversion burdell. Informedconcent is right.... Who says $$$ has anything to do with worth as a human being? Just look at all the useless $$$ lefty Hollywood celebrities who constantly spew self-righteousness but don't put their own money where their mouths are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 AM

89,311 posts, read 45,033,285 times
Quote:
The OP who asked if people hate the rich with no other qualifier for that hate than than wealth.
Which begs the question... why does the left have hatred for the investor class, which funds so many things from mortgage loans, to business expansions and therefore more jobs, to small businesses to nurture entrepreneurial growth, to R&D to fund the production of new goods/services, etc., while they have sycophantic adoration of the lefty Hollywood elites who spew socially popular platitudes but don't actually put their money where their mouths are?

Old 05-09-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I don't hate, it only saps energy from the hater and does nothing to the hated, but I don't believe $$$ in and of itself is a reliable measure of someone's worth as a human being. If I did I'd respect people like Saddam Hussein and Bernie Madoff, I don't.
No one said anything about being a reliable measure of someone's worth. I am bringing attention to what they contribute to society. Some people (the left) are so blinded by their jealousy and hate for other people who are successful and as a result become rich, they can't see that even the basic things they take for granted are a result of their contributions.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:38 AM

45,675 posts, read 24,085,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
- The interest you pay on debt is someone else's income.
- When you buy a product, a portion of that money becomes someone else's income.
- When you pay for a service (ex: internet) a portion of that money becomes someone else's income.
- When you work, you exchange your time for money, they invest their money to produce profit

Since people hate the rich so much they should stop using debt and stop buying their products or services and in a renters case don't rent from them.
Not all people who rent out apartments or houses are rich? You know that right?

Old 05-09-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Which begs the question... why does the left have hatred for the investor class, which funds so many things from mortgage loans, to business expansions and therefore more jobs, to small businesses to nurture entrepreneurial growth, to R&D to fund the production of new goods/services, etc., while they have sycophantic adoration of the lefty Hollywood elites who spew socially popular platitudes but don't actually put their money where their mouths are?
It's sad when they think "entertainers" are more important than job providers who pay their wages so they can put food on their table. What do entertainers do other than make them laugh?

Old 05-09-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Of course I do but these people invested for profit. There is a forum member here who seems to think they are social warriors.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:42 AM

15,357 posts, read 12,676,065 times
"I admire rich people.. without rich people, how would we breath air through our nostrils?"

Old 05-09-2017, 07:44 AM

1,302 posts, read 685,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
- The interest you pay on debt is someone else's income.
- When you buy a product, a portion of that money becomes someone else's income.
- When you pay for a service (ex: internet) a portion of that money becomes someone else's income.
- When you work, you exchange your time for money, they invest their money to produce profit

Since people hate the rich so much they should stop using debt and stop buying their products or services and in a renters case don't rent from them.
I am trying to move that way.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:45 AM

15,357 posts, read 12,676,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

these people are working for the rich... FOR FREE!!!

The free PR is amazing.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
I am trying to move that way.
Trying? Why not just do it?

Then again, if you minimize you will be better off. The next time you see an advertisement where an actress is crawling all over a man and if you buy the cologne she's advertising and women like her will be crawling all over you, resist. She's making big money convincing you to part with your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies