Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Trump nominate a new, impartial FBI director to investigate him now?
Yes 79 29.81%
No 186 70.19%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 05:38 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I am in true awe of how delusional some of the Trump supporters are. I would be amazed if this were to end well for Trump. People are flipping out. And with the history of our nation, for good reason.
This has to be the final outrage. You do not fire the head of the FBI. Even JFK hated his FBI head, J. Edgar Hoover, a total mean spirited corrupt jerk. But he didn't FIRE him. Trump doesn't understand that this is not one of his business projects. This is the United States of America and he answers to US. He does not get to dictate and do whatever he feels like doing. He can't just fire people at whim. Citizens are outraged at this action. Whether Comey is good or bad, you don't just keep him on while he agrees with you but when he's going to testify against you, you fire him. Nope. This is not one of your businesses, Donald.

8,490 posts, read 6,897,485 times
Rest in peace our beloved American democracy. We'll never know the final results of the Russian investigation unless some patriot in the FBI leaks something to the public. Trump and his cronies in Russia must be ecstatic.

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think some of you are too young to remember....

https://static01.nyt.com/images/sect...g/1020_big.gif

I was there, and this whole administration stinks to high Hell. Trump is so damn corrupt and is running scared. However, like most of his actions, this one is not well thought out and will only put him more under the microscope and make him more enemies. The FBI people who are left will be going after him full bore.

This is an absolute disgrace and shows how Trump thinks he can manipulate the system without any repercussions . If he thought this move would take the heat off of him, he is in for a very big awakening.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Putin is running America

Old 05-09-2017, 05:40 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Fake news my foot.

Trump IS looking mighty guilty right now.
Guilty of what?

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think some of you are too young to remember....
https://static01.nyt.com/images/sect...g/1020_big.gif
This isn't even in the same hemisphere and I'm well old enough to remember.

The Dems are throwing up this Russia BS as a smokescreen to keep their precious criminals from being investigated. Now that Comey is gone, all bets are off and it is they, not Trump, who are in a panic. They are the ones threatened with a Watergate (or larger) scandal.

Did you not hear Clapper, under oath, admit they unmasked members of Trumps campaign team and then used "National Security" (same as taking the fifth) to avoid answering any real questions?

Russia/Trump=smoke and mirrors

Obama/HRC/Rice/Yates/Lynch = collusion to rig an election and used the IA to smear Trump

THAT will become the reality once the onion is peeled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Guilty of what?
Being prey to the imaginations of a party full of arrogant losers

Comey gave the dems a pass... after that pathetic hearing and his obvious failures and ridiculous reasoning, Trump fired him - as well he should have. NOW, that protection of the dems has been removed. This is why they (dems) are flooding the air waves with more faux outrage.

I'm making some popcorn and waiting to see which lineup goes to a grand jury. I'm betting some (D)eads will roll.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-09-2017 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

7,184 posts, read 4,769,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post
Well, with their Russia narrative destroyed now, the only fantasy they have left is hoping Trump gets impeached. Which he won't, and their whining and crying is going to cause them to lose more.
Oh good grief!

The Russia narrative IS NOT destroyed. It's just getting warmed up!

Trump won't get impeached, but history will always consider his presidency as illegitimate, corrupt and disgraceful.

I'm good with that.

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
This has to be the final outrage. You do not fire the head of the FBI. Even JFK hated his FBI head, J. Edgar Hoover, a total mean spirited corrupt jerk. But he didn't FIRE him. Trump doesn't understand that this is not one of his business projects. This is the United States of America and he answers to US. He does not get to dictate and do whatever he feels like doing. He can't just fire people at whim. Citizens are outraged at this action. Whether Comey is good or bad, you don't just keep him on while he agrees with you but when he's going to testify against you, you fire him. Nope. This is not one of your businesses, Donald.

^^^^This pretty much sums it up. This is not going to go over well, regardless of what side of the fence you are on.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:41 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Wow!!!

https://twitter.com/AndreaChalupa/st...71059100696580

Old 05-09-2017, 05:41 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,280,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
again. Why do libs love Comey now?
Easy. They hate Trump more than Comey. Plus there's that hypocrisy thing they have going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies