Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:22 AM

45,540 posts, read 27,157,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Why would he do that?
Good question. The state has already received $1.4 billion in aid through state and federal sources. How have they spent the money?

Hopefully someone in the administration will address the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 06:24 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Because the Governor of NC is a Democrat. When the Governor of FL, Rick Scott (R), asks for federal money, Trump sends it over right away. Rick Scott campaigned hard for Trump. Trump just gave $1.5 billion in federal funds to Florida.

Trump remembers loyalty and expects support in turn for federal money. The ultimate swamp monster.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...als-treat-poor

"the administration of President Donald Trump has agreed to give Florida $1.5 billion..."

Old 05-11-2017, 06:24 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Saving us millions in taxes.

He has said over and over and over he is going to save the Americans money.

While throwing other Americans (also tax payers)under the bus when "natural disasters' strike.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:33 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,800 times
He is saving, everyone knows people who need help rarely get the full amount honestly needed from FEMA. And freeloaders milk the system. I E, hurricane matthew. People got free food stamps for it. Why.? There was no major issues.
He is cleaning up fraud n abuse.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:35 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,651,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
He is saving, everyone knows people who need help rarely get the full amount honestly needed from FEMA. And freeloaders milk the system. I E, hurricane matthew. People got free food stamps for it. Why.? There was no major issues.

Spoke like someone who has no idea of what happens during a hurricane.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:41 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
There "was no major issues"? (great grammar, btw). I live in the area. There were whole towns flooded out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6q3fQOdRDI

Last edited by Ellise; 05-11-2017 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: .

Old 05-11-2017, 06:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
They wanted almost a billion dollars?

$929 million? And thats to "help" cover the cost? Not actually pay for the whole thing, but rather "help"?

The request was sent to congress..Not to Trump..so why is this blamed on the Trump administration?
NC has made multiple requests. Congress passed $300 million in recovery assistance for damage caused by multiple states as a part of a continuing resolution.

This denial is on HUD.

Some states are more prone to natural disasters than others. Texas holds the record for most claims. Makes more sense for states in disaster prone areas to impose a tax on residents and businesses to create a Reserve for Disasters instead of expecting the Federal Government to bailout.

It's a question of when, not if, in some areas of the US

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 05-11-2017 at 07:18 AM..

Old 05-11-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Spoke like someone who has no idea of what happens during a hurricane.
I live in Goose Creek SC, I was here during a few Hurricanes. Matthew was not a big deal here in Charleston, compared to Hugo, for example.
I know people committed fraud by going to FEMA to get food stamps, when they have no home and live with Mommy. And Mommys house is fine, as it was my niece and another relative who did this.
Thats the problem with people, they think they are entitled to everything. Well, you are not.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
There "was no major issues"? (great grammar, btw). I live in the area. There were whole towns flooded out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6q3fQOdRDI
Ok Grammar police. I am in SC, and quite frankly I had to bypass I95 due to flooding to got o VA for work.
get over your entitlement mentality. Insurance is the first line of help for people and their property. States for their own issues. Filing a state of emergency gets you federal funding if deemed necessary. Apparently, overcharging and overestimating the issue isnt going to get you any more money anymore. And that is what states are doing, overcharging the feds for their Emergencies..

Old 05-11-2017, 07:07 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
Homeowners insurance should take care of housing damage.

Utilities repair their own infrastructure.

States take care of their own infrastructure.

N. Carolina already got a lot of money.

They were lucky to get 6m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies