Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 10:08 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times

Advertisements

So this has made the rounds on several media outlets that Trump is considering letting go a lot of his staff:

Trump Considers West Wing Shake-Up of Key Staff Members

What are peoples thoughts?

I for one think it might help long term. Seriously anyone who told him there would be no blowback from firing Comey needs to go. That was some particularly bad advice.

The Muslim ban? Also bad advice. Especially in its execution.

Bannon? Causes WAY too much outright fear and hatred. The guy has desires that are not in the best interests of Trump, and he has been actively engaging in some internal politics via outside resources.

The one person I feel should stay might be Spicer oddly enough. The guy is doing the best with what he is given, and thats the problem. Trump is not giving him what he needs, and is expecting him to dance around and lie, then Trump undercuts him. Until that dynamic changes, NO ONE can succeed in that job. Spicers failures are directly attributable to trump. If Trump can't get the right dynamic with Spicer, then let him go...but it wasn't his fault.

Stop having a conflict driven staff. Its leaking everything bad, and sabotaging him for their own agendas. Yes its his fault and responsibility, but this won't change with big changes.

Short term...more chaos as those let go leak EVERYTHING. But thats happening anyways. Long term? Maybe get a team that can function. Get some people that will tell you when you are wrong, but are focused on making you succeed, and once a decision is made, they may disagree...but they commit to its executions while reserving the right later to say "I told you so" in private.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 10:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,290,640 times
I hate to comment on what someone says might happen but the problem is less his staff than his thin skin.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:10 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,476,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So this has made the rounds on several media outlets that Trump is considering letting go a lot of his staff:

I think that he did not bring the best people in the first time. Mistakes were made.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:15 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,346,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post

I for one think it might help long term. Seriously anyone who told him there would be no blowback from firing Comey needs to go. That was some particularly bad advice.

The Muslim ban? Also bad advice. Especially in its execution.

Bannon? Causes WAY too much outright fear and hatred. The guy has desires that are not in the best interests of Trump, and he has been actively engaging in some internal politics via outside resources.

The one person I feel should stay might be Spicer oddly enough. The guy is doing the best with what he is given, and thats the problem. Trump is not giving him what he needs, and is expecting him to dance around and lie, then Trump undercuts him. Until that dynamic changes, NO ONE can succeed in that job. Spicers failures are directly attributable to trump. If Trump can't get the right dynamic with Spicer, then let him go...but it wasn't his fault.

Stop having a conflict driven staff. Its leaking everything bad, and sabotaging him for their own agendas. Yes its his fault and responsibility, but this won't change with big changes.

Short term...more chaos as those let go leak EVERYTHING. But thats happening anyways. Long term? Maybe get a team that can function. Get some people that will tell you when you are wrong, but are focused on making you succeed, and once a decision is made, they may disagree...but they commit to its executions while reserving the right later to say "I told you so" in private.
I hope Trump gets rid of Kushner. But that's wishful thinking. That's who I want out, and Ivanka too... they're both liberal democrats. I like Bannon. Spicer can stay... no matter who is Trump's press secretary, the press will find something wrong.. its easy to disect a presser and find a mistake every day..

Old 05-14-2017, 10:24 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,405,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
I hope Trump gets rid of Kushner. But that's wishful thinking. That's who I want out, and Ivanka too... they're both liberal democrats. I like Bannon. Spicer can stay... no matter who is Trump's press secretary, the press will find something wrong.. its easy to disect a presser and find a mistake every day..
LOL. I assure you his family isn't going anywhere. And keep in mind, Trump used to be a liberal Democrat.

But yeah, Spicers got a raw deal here.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:32 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,742,226 times
I don't think it will help because the problem is Trump. He's flailing about blaming everyone else but the one common denominator here is Trump.

IMO changing his staff is just another attempt to change the narrative by doing something outrageous to control the news cycle.

If I were to speculate on what has happened, my guess would be that Trump has been financed using Russian sources for a lengthy period of time and knows if it comes out, the cards come falling down. If true, it would explain his fury about Comey and everything else. Changing his staff is just a way to change the subject.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:32 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,468,134 times
It doesn't matter; it's shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. An idiot isn't suddenly going to start appointing smart, sensible people; he's going to appoint more idiots who defer to him.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:36 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,742,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It doesn't matter; it's shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. An idiot isn't suddenly going to start appointing smart, sensible people; he's going to appoint more idiots who defer to him.
Deferring to him is key. I've never seen such a weak and fragile ego.

Old 05-14-2017, 10:40 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,070,140 times
Even though I rather Trump over Hillary. If America declines under Trump, I'm putting the blame on the basketful of uneducated white and black Midwestern Americans. I can sleep easy at night knowing I did not vote for Trump. Trump only benefits NYC real estate moguls. He does not benefit you. You guys should wake up!

Old 05-14-2017, 10:51 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,484,504 times
The only play Trump knows to improve ratings is "Celebrity White House".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies