Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:44 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I've never let words get to me. I was taught at a young age to simply disregard them. But there are people who are taught to react to words (sometimes violently) as this video shows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj1fKk0d72M
Yes, I've seen that.

If a person is in a position of authority and they are being disrespected, trust they will say to themselves, not being paid enough to go through ...

Some people disrespect their parents, all day, and they are out on the public streets. Think they have respect for any one else? Doubtful.

Angered by it? Some do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 09:46 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
It's fun to watch leftists defend this sort of thing. In their hearts, American liberals would love to see this sort of crackdown on free speech in the United States, too. Their definition of 'hate speech' is anything they dislike at any given point in time.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
"She faces 4 years in prison" So she's gonna get double that of the migrants that broadcasted their rape on facebook, just let that sink in.

And more then the migrants who didn't know the little boy was saying no in the changing room at the pool, a sexual emergency, ADHD and didn't know it was wrong because he's not from this culture.

This is the most infuriating part.

Maybe she can find a clever defense attorney. In Sweden and parts of Europe, "migrants" have been able to get away with raping children by arguing that they didn't know better, because it's part of their culture.

Since being white is inherently racist, maybe the attorney can say that she can't HELP but be racist, because she grew up in a racist society and has struggled with that. It is part of her culture to be racist, and her culture has reflected her worldview. It's simply not her fault.

Might work for the types of idiots running Europe's judicial system these days.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The Internet is a public place.
Quote:
And like the TV, people can simply close the screen and look at something else.
They could and/or they could choose not to go out in public.

If a person is walking down a sidewalk and another person came up and accosted them over something they heard them say, one would expect an officer to show up and help them out with that.

I expect one day there will be cyber police, because the Internet is a public place and not every one acts responsibly, when they are in a public place.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:53 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
I think Mob rule, not anything close to democracy, is at play. The so-called SJWs (Social Justice Warriors) seem to be functioning as early avatars of the infamous Red Guard during Chinese cultural revolution, bullying and then threatening violence to anyone whose thoughts run outside what is deemed to be correct.

To me, it is not a left or right issue. Like several posters pointed out, even if you don't agree with this woman, you have to wonder "what is going to happen next?" It can happen to all of us.

What is next? Let's say if a person posted on facebook complaining about black people, white people, Muslims, Christians, Jews, defecating on streets, should this person be charged with hate crimes? You think this sort of thing can only happen to conversatives? Think again. It can happen to ALL of us.

The bottom line is that this woman has been charged with HATE CRIMES. If you don't agree with her, you can call her out. But charged her with a hate crime?

Old 05-16-2017, 09:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
THIS CASE IS NOT IN THE US

Now back to the topic:
Even though Federal law may protect it, there are already states who are attempting to prosecute people for "Hate Speech".

Example:
https://www.thesleuthjournal.com/hat...on-in-montana/
Got it, so you favor a lack of freedoms in other countries.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:56 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Cursing out a Police Officer is considered disorderly conduct in numerous areas around the US. It should be seen as freedom of speech. Correct?
You seem to be the one of the few defending laws against speech.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:58 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Got it, so you favor a lack of freedoms in other countries.

The way it's going in Europe is going to be what happens in the Muslim world and China --- dissenting opinions, media, etc. is going to have to come from the outside, where people can operate and say what they want/need to say without fear of retribution.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:03 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
well, since this woman posted on facebook, if you don't agree with her, then maybe do what some CD posters do the best. Flaming or to flame.

'Flaming', or 'to flame', means to attack someone verbally online. Flaming is about hurling insults, transmitting bigotry, name-calling, or any outright verbal hostility directed at a specific person. Often, flaming is a result when there is a heated difference of opinions on a topic, and it has devolved into childish bickering.

Charge her with a hate crime? Maybe Sweden has a different definition of hate crime. There is one poster personally attacked me on another forum and he or she told a lot of lies about me personally. I just think he/she is a sick and mentally ill person, I pity such a person. But do I want to charge him/her with a hate crime? LOL Please.. I am not that pathetic.

Old 05-16-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, since this woman posted on facebook, if you don't agree with her, then maybe do what some CD posters do the best. Flaming or to flame.

'Flaming', or 'to flame', means to attack someone verbally online. Flaming is about hurling insults, transmitting bigotry, name-calling, or any outright verbal hostility directed at a specific person. Often, flaming is a result when there is a heated difference of opinions on a topic, and it has devolved into childish bickering.

Charge her with a hate crime? Maybe Sweden has a different definition of hate crime. There is one poster personally attacked me on another forum and he or she made a lot of lies about me personally. I just think he/she is a sick and mentally ill person, I pity such a person. But do I want to charge him/her with a hate crime? LOL Please.. I am not that pathetic.
If that same person showed up (places one may connect to an Internet) at your home, your work, the mall where you shop or the park you like to visit, then what?

No, no officer they're just sick, no harm done here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies