Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 05:23 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I was pretty annoyed at Comey I admit. Right up until his testimony where he laid out his choices. Conceal, or reveal. And both choices sucked. I disagree with his choice, but still respect the man because they both sucked.

So using peoples opinions to somehow make the firing over investigating the confirmed Russian involvement seems like a nice bit of misdirection.
He said that at the time and people still claimed he should have waited to reveal until after Election Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 05:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We understand that..... The red flag is why the memo contradicts what he told congress, while being questioned about it. As if this exact scenario had happened, before it happened. Suspicious, what that was all about and then this... The exact same thing.
Maybe there's something nefarious going on and Comey really DID perjure himself, but someone decided to give him the HRC Ignore My Perjury Pass.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
IE At that point you will just claim its fake. Or that the people who came forward must have been intimidated by the deep state. Admit it, nothing would satisfy you.

The memo doesn't conflict with anything said. You've had that explained repeatedly.

You move goalposts all the time.

We can try and no goal post have been moved by my statements.
Either Comey lied to congress, or Comey lied on some ghost memo.
Which is it? I think we would all like to know.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:10 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
We can try and no goal post have been moved by my statements.
Either Comey lied to congress, or Comey lied on some ghost memo.
Which is it? I think we would all like to know.
Its neither. "Stopped" is different then "tried to influence".

Old 05-18-2017, 06:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Its neither. "Stopped" is different then "tried to influence".

If the memo is true, then Comey Perjured himself in front of Congress and lied. Or the contents of the memo is a lie? Or what the media says the memo says, is a lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prWvflziLWs

Old 05-18-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?
COMEY: In theory yes.
HIRONO: Has it happened?
COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.
#1 stopped vs influenced is different.
#2 Attorney general or sr off. at the dept of justice. NOT president.

Do you understand the difference? Comey has never said that he was told to stop.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:51 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,471 times
LOL. Again.... Comey isn't some ambulance chasing lawyer in his former career. He certainly knows more about law and prosecution than some internet posters.

Let this unfold.....

Old 05-18-2017, 07:14 PM

I think BentBow is trying to wear us down so he has a thread filled with nothing but his own posts talking about how Comey perjured himself.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think BentBow is trying to wear us down so he has a thread filled with nothing but his own posts talking about how Comey perjured himself.
Its not just him, infowars/alex jones truly convinces these people because they feel a need to belong to something special. They want to feel like they have inside knowledge making them smarter. And....I get that. But they have to give up critical thinking to do it. This thread is a perfect example.

And when challenged they just forget it, and go to the next fake outrage.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Its not just him, infowars/alex jones truly convinces these people because they feel a need to belong to something special. They want to feel like they have inside knowledge making them smarter. And....I get that. But they have to give up critical thinking to do it. This thread is a perfect example.

And when challenged they just forget it, and go to the next fake outrage.
Interesting. It's like neighborhood gossips who will make up an entire story based on something they saw, and then share it with everyone because they want to be the first in the know....just in case it turns out to be true.

Well, they do belong to something special. The utter nutter's club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies