Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 02:53 PM

17,344 posts, read 11,289,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No because a bow means nothing. That's the ridiculousness of all of this.

The 'show' is the show -- it isn't real life. If you hold the cards..you don't care about bowing, curtseying...getting the red carpet or who shows up at the plane.

That kind of game is only important to those who aren't sure of their standing or their convictions.

And please don't pretend it was the bow...it was Obama -- you didn't like him. Okay -- but stop making it about the show.
The same could be said about your comments too. It's Trump --you don't like him. We know it. Contrary to what you believe, Trump has at least attempted to do more in his first 30 days than the last 4 Presidents combined did. Has he succeeded in doing all of it, no of course not. That doesn't mean his intentions weren't there and he has no control over Federal Courts and their decisions. So don't go on about how he doesn't accomplish anything, or doesn't try to keep his promises.
Will the wall be built, probably not but at least illegal immigration is down 60% over what it was with Obama. That in itself makes me very happy he was elected.
We have another conservative on the Supreme Court. That far outweighs anything negative you can say about him for many of us. Despite all the dire economic predictions by liberals and the media, the economy continues to do very well so that's a non issue.
I think about what would have happened if Hillary's tush was in the White House and I cringe. No thank you. Life is good with Trump.
Your entitled to hate Trump and dislike him personally, but then don't criticize someone who disliked Obama and found fault with almost everything he did because you and others are doing the exact same thing. You've made it about the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 02:57 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I couldn't help but notice he refused to say "radical islamist terror".
He said "That means honestly confronting the crisis of Islamist extremism and the Islamist terror groups it inspires."

Old 05-21-2017, 02:59 PM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
An encouraging article that came out today on all the underreported accomplishments of Trump so far.
Articles: The Underreported Success of the Trump Presidency

Old 05-21-2017, 03:02 PM

10,770 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ohhh View Post
And yet Obama did that many times and was absolutely shredded by you cons, over and over and over.

Care to address your abhorrent hypocrisy?
You will have to ask the people you are referring to, since I wasn't even posting here when Obama was President.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:03 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
He said "That means honestly confronting the crisis of Islamist extremism and the Islamist terror groups it inspires."
So, why did he refuse to say the words he mocked Obama for not saying?

Old 05-21-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ohhh View Post
Splendid attempt at diversion from the stunning conservative hypocrisy all over C-D on this topic. I give you a B+.
The truth hurts doesn't it? Some of you can dish it out, but then can't take any kind of criticism when the obvious is pointed out to you. There's your hypocrisy.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:12 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The same could be said about your comments too. It's Trump --you don't like him. We know it. Contrary to what you believe, Trump has at least attempted to do more in his first 30 days than the last 4 Presidents combined did. Has he succeeded in doing all of it, no of course not. That doesn't mean his intentions weren't there and he has no control over Federal Courts and their decisions. So don't go on about how he doesn't accomplish anything, or doesn't try to keep his promises.
Will the wall be built, probably not but at least illegal immigration is down 60% over what it was with Obama. That in itself makes me very happy he was elected.
We have another conservative on the Supreme Court. That far outweighs anything negative you can say about him for many of us. Despite all the dire economic predictions by liberals and the media, the economy continues to do very well so that's a non issue.
I think about what would have happened if Hillary's tush was in the White House and I cringe. No thank you. Life is good with Trump.
Your entitled to hate Trump and dislike him personally, but then don't criticize someone who disliked Obama and found fault with almost everything he did because you and others are doing the exact same thing. You've made it about the show.
I wasn't criticizing the choice of not liking Obama. I merely pointed out that the bow comment was more about Obama and not really about anything else.

I have posted a number of times I respect those who continue to suppoort their own political ideology.

I do not respect the blind loyalty to support a man who has no political convictions, is incompetent and is not a good manager or leader.

Things are good in spite of Trump not because of him.

That's how strong our country is. There are forces in place that will allow for a totally incompetent person to be President without bringing down the country -- in the short term.

Early days yet. We have yet to see how the Supreme Court will play out. What changes there will truly impact your day to day life......who knows.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I wasn't criticizing the choice of not liking Obama. I merely pointed out that the bow comment was more about Obama and not really about anything else.

I have posted a number of times I respect those who continue to suppoort their own political ideology.

I do not respect the blind loyalty to support a man who has no political convictions, is incompetent and is not a good manager or leader.

Things are good in spite of Trump not because of him.

That's how strong our country is. There are forces in place that will allow for a totally incompetent person to be President without bringing down the country -- in the short term.

Early days yet. We have yet to see how the Supreme Court will play out. What changes there will truly impact your day to day life......who knows.
That's more than fair although I disagree with you about Trump being totally incompetent, but that's your opinion.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:20 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
Quote:
Donald Trump’s old tweets keep coming back to haunt him. This time, they followed him to Saudi Arabia, during his first trip overseas as President of the United States.

In 2015, half a year before he officially announced he was running for president, Trump criticized then-First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama for not wearing a headscarf over her hair during a trip to Saudi Arabia.

But "Now" when Trump and his family visited the Islamic nation this weekend, people noticed that his wife Melania Trump and daughter Ivanka Trump did the exact same thing.
It's amazing how all his attacks on Obama come back to bite him in the face. Trump let race bias make him stupid, now Trump continues to get bit in the face by his own race biased virtoil... he slung out in his attack upon Obama

Old 05-21-2017, 03:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
That's more than fair although I disagree with you about Trump being totally incompetent, but that's your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies