Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 10:47 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,824,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Yeah its interesting isn't it, they actually wanted President Trump to hurt the United States.
If these posters are Liberals, that would indicate that Liberals are anti-American and want to harm America.
He already hurt the United States by what he said. You don't think they have access to the internet or televisions over there and haven't heard his previous comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 10:49 AM

10,796 posts, read 4,359,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
He already hurt the United States by what he said. You don't think they have access to the internet or televisions over there and haven't heard his previous comments?
I think they are smart enough to know the difference between campaign rhetoric and diplomacy speech.
And that's why he's been welcomed so warmly in Saudi Arabia.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
He's not having a learning period, as you can see by his first trip as President, he's doing a brilliant job.
I never said anything about a learning period, I said he is 'brand new to politics and foreign policy' and that he said his 2 best qualities are his listening skills and his flexibility.
Quote:
Regarding "flip-flops", I recall seeing an interview whereby President Trump was asked what his best qualities are, and he said that he listens and that he's flexible.
Given that he's brand new to politics and foreign policy, he is constantly listening (as you do when you are new) and he's showing his flexibility by reacting to the latest developments.
If you criticize that.....very strange thing to criticize.
Seems like you are willing to cut him some slack because he is "brand new to politics".

Old 05-21-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I think they are smart enough to know the difference between campaign rhetoric and diplomacy speech.
And that's why he's been welcomed so warmly in Saudi Arabia.
So during the campaign he was just saying what ever his base wanted to hear so he could get elected. now that he's in office, that stuff doesn't matter?

No, I think they are smart enough to know when they are being lied to.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Seems like you are willing to cut him some slack because he is "brand new to politics".
No, I said he's 'brand new to politics and foreign policy' because it is relevant to the fact he said that his best qualities are 'listening' and 'flexibility'. Listening is the key when you are new, and flexibility somewhat too.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
So during the campaign he was just saying what ever his base wanted to hear so he could get elected. now that he's in office, that stuff doesn't matter?

No, I think they are smart enough to know when they are being lied to.
Campaigns are a show, and the main purpose of them is to WIN.
Plus you have to be flexible once in the White House and react to the changing landscape domestically and globally.

Old 05-21-2017, 10:58 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,228,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Once again, you lefty haters are disappointed Trump did an outstanding job representing the U.S. He was treated with respect and dignity and you hate that more than anything. He showed himself not only to be Presidential but treated his hosts with the same respect they showed him. He didn't need to bow down to them or degrade the United States in his speech.
What a horrible day for liberals this has been.
Get out of here with that .... !!!!!!!!!! Learn to think and pay attention just might benefit you to become aware of more than your belligerent ignorance!!!

Old 05-21-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Plus you have to be flexible once in the White House and react to the changing landscape domestically and globally.
Obama tried to tell that to Trump..... and you guys still harp on campaign talk of Obama, WITHOUT acknowledging that once in office, the world keeps spinning and one has to make adjustments and changes.

So, if you can digest that of Trump, you need to backtrack in your mind and acknowledge the exact same with Obama.

Can you get over your bias enough to do that... if not...you are a hypocrite !!!!

Old 05-21-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
How many threads do we need on the same topic ?
Only deal with the threads that you want to deal with, and stop trying to control and regulate the board, that might well be to your better benefit.

Old 05-21-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
No, that is what Trump made them. The purpose is to get the know the candidate's positions on the issues and to help voters determine if they are fit for the the job.

I love how Trump supporters throw everything they used to believe out the window to support Trump.

I hope you remember you forgiving and nurturing attitude for the next president from the opposite party takes office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies