Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 12:38 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,446,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
There were never a Muslim ban, I know the left likes to exaggerate. There were bans from Muslim countries. Get the difference.
A ban that they went on record saying it was specifically targeting Muslims. Nice try
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2017, 12:53 PM

10,774 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
No, that is what Trump made them. The purpose is to get the know the candidate's positions on the issues and to help voters determine if they are fit for the the job.

I love how Trump supporters throw everything they used to believe out the window to support Trump.

I hope you remember you forgiving and nurturing attitude for the next president from the opposite party takes office.
Well, President Trump is the first politician I've ever supported, so I doubt I'll like the next President, unless its Ivanka.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:55 PM

10,774 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
A ban that they went on record saying it was specifically targeting Muslims. Nice try
Unvetted Muslims, as that is what the 7 countries have (a problem with vetting).
If it were Muslims it'd be a much bigger list of countries.
The 7 countries are only a small percentage of Muslims in the world.
When you are on the campaign trail you don't specify as much.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:29 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
Quote:
President Donald Trump's speech Sunday will likely be met with skepticism and frustration in the Muslim world, according to experts in the Middle East who said his sudden shift in tone on Islam was unconvincing.

Trump gave his speech in Saudi Arabia, where he ditched his hard-line rhetoric from the 2016 election campaign and instead called Islam "one of the world's great faiths."

Here's what experts in three Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East thought of the speech.

the general tone is

"It will be met with deep skepticism in the Muslim world because Trump has been hostile and offensive to Muslims"
The Regional Nations respond....

Last edited by Chance and Change; 05-21-2017 at 01:52 PM..

Old 05-21-2017, 01:35 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
I imagine what we would think if after Timothy McVeigh or the Branch Davidians a leader from the Muslim world were to visit our country and make a speech about driving radical Christians out ...

I don't think we would appreciate the sentiment, no matter how well intentioned.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Trump very clearly called for a Muslim ban while he was campaigning. He seems to have changed his mind but it is difficult to know what Trump is the real Trump.

He says he's being flexible but what could have possibly happened for him to change his mind...or did he never mean it...or does he mean it but he's just trying to fake it.

You don't know -- you don't know him or the inner workings of his administration.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Unvetted Muslims, as that is what the 7 countries have (a problem with vetting).
If it were Muslims it'd be a much bigger list of countries.
The 7 countries are only a small percentage of Muslims in the world.
When you are on the campaign trail you don't specify as much.
But that's not what the Executive Order said. There were vetted Muslims with the appropriate visas, green cards, etc. who were not allowed in based on the Executive Order.

And ICE at the borders continues to deny access to Muslims from Canada. These individuals have visited family in the States for years, now they aren't allowed in....no vetting -- just because they are Muslim.

Nah -- he was clear -- Muslim Ban....that's what he called for.

Unless he has changed his mind.....oh I'm repeating myself......

Old 05-21-2017, 01:58 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Trump can call out Radical Islamic Terrorism and point out that Islam as a faith is great.
They are nothing alike.
You are not familiar with Islam and Islamic terrorism. They are both one and the same.

How do you think Islam spread throughout the world? Please read up on history of Islam.

What do you think that sword dance of the Saudis references to?

Islam means SUBMISSION. Either you submit or you die.

Also, Saudi Arabia has its own ISIS on the peninsula, but they want to hide it and the Trump administration acquiesced.

We're back to the Bush Arab-ass-kissing days. Disgusting.

ISLAM AS A FAITH IS NOT GREAT.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
You are not familiar with Islam and Islamic terrorism. They are both one and the same.

How do you think Islam spread throughout the world? Please read up on history of Islam.

What do you think that sword dance of the Saudis references to?

Islam means SUBMISSION. Either you submit or you die.

Also, Saudi Arabia has its own ISIS on the peninsula, but they want to hide it and the Trump administration acquiesced.

We're back to the Bush Arab-ass-kissing days. Disgusting.

ISLAM AS A FAITH IS NOT GREAT.
So you aren't happy with Trump's speech

Old 05-21-2017, 02:07 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you aren't happy with Trump's speech
No, I am not.

It denotes complete ignorance of the history of Islam, the Islamic world (which is not led by Saudi Arabia), the tribal structure of the Middle East, etc.

The arabs in the ME will never unite to do anything. Nasser, an Arab, tried it and failed miserably.

Trump and his advisers are woefully ignorant and they think the American public is ignorant as well.

This isn't new information. It has been discussed in C-D and the media.

Last edited by EDnurse; 05-21-2017 at 02:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies