Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 08:50 AM

10,772 posts, read 4,351,834 times

Advertisements

I think President Trump will deliver the Israel-Pal peace deal.
Do you think the Democrats will give up looking for ways to Impeach the President once that peace deal arrives?
I think it would look very wrong for them to pursue the Impeachment of such a global legend.
President Trump's international clout would simply be too large, and investigating him would make the Dems look incredibly anti-American and somewhat anti-Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 10:28 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Do you think the Democrats will give up looking for ways to Impeach the President once that peace deal arrives?
I think it would look very wrong for them to pursue the Impeachment of such a global legend.
President Trump's international clout would simply be too large, and investigating him would make the Dems look incredibly anti-American and somewhat anti-Peace.
LOL that you actually believe that Donald Trump could pull off a peaceful resolution between Israel and the Palestinians. That is hands down the most ridiculous thing I've read here on C-D so far today--and you've had a lot of competition.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Talking Will the Dems stop the investigations if Trump delivers the Israel-Pal peace deal?

Explain how they're connected.

Please.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:33 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,221,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Explain how they're connected.

Please.
Some sort of magical thinking? The members of Cult 45 will believe anything.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:38 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
No connection between the two.

... and no, no one is going to look the other way if president Trump floats anything, anywhere, nor if he starts a war. They still need to investigate, truth is non-negotiable.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
LOL that you actually believe that Donald Trump could pull off a peaceful resolution between Israel and the Palestinians. ...
I agree.

I doubt he even understands the complexity of the situation, nor the history behind it.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:45 AM

10,772 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Has any world leader ever been as close to Prime Minister Netanyahu?
Heck Netanyahu even speaks fondly of Jared Kushner-
When Benjamin Netanyahu Slept In Jared Kushner

For the Dems to try taking down the savior of the Middle East, globally and domestically is not a good look, and will probably lose the Dems 2020 (if they weren't losing it to begin with).

Old 05-24-2017, 10:46 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,914,310 times
Quote:
What would this have to do with the ongoing investigation?

Old 05-24-2017, 10:48 AM

25,580 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
No. I don't think they will ever give up.
But I don't think they will succeed in removing him, either. It takes a whopping majority to impeach, find guilty, and then remove a president.

Dems don't have the numbers.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:48 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:

The Democrats don't have the power to investigate anything. They are in the minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies