Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 10:36 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
Clay Travis is right on the money. This quote was from a month or so back when the got rid of a bunch of people.

"Middle America wants to pop a beer and listen to sports talk, they don’t want to be lectured about why Caitlyn Jenner is a hero, Michael Sam is the new Jackie Robinson of sports, and Colin Kaepernick is the Rosa Parks of football. ESPN made the mistake of trying to make liberal social media losers happy and as a result lost millions of viewers. "
I hate to say it but that describes me to a tee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 03:02 AM

600 posts, read 566,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
People are still hating and complaining about Trump wishing he fails instead of going about the own lives and enjoying the usual entertainment venues.
Kinda like Retardicans were crying about Obama for the past 8 years isntead of going about their own lives and enjoying it.

Old 05-26-2017, 03:32 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
No wonder ESPN and sports talk dying
That's turrible, I mean just turrible.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:27 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Cord cutting is beyond a doubt #1. The rest, while possibly causing some people to cancel, are largely statistical noise comparatively.
Your are correct. I think those that try to make it about politics are largely Breitbart readers. Not to knock Breitbart but they should stick to politics because their knowledge of the make-up of sports is either limited, or they can not stand the fact that sports in general leans more to the left then the right when it comes to society and social issues, so they trash much of it.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:34 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
ESPN (ABC) didn't have a slew of competitors like they have today. FOX, NBC and CBS now have nationally broadcast sports channels as well. Team that up with the major ball sports leagues having their own channels.

Old 05-26-2017, 04:43 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
I have cable which includes ESPN. ESPN is rarely watched in my household. My husband will turn it on occasionally.

What I find is that the younger generation is not really into ESPN and sports talk radio..at all. It's really just the old people who enjoy that thing...watching sports and listening to sports. Seems to be generational. The drivers of cable purchasing and ESPN are getting old and cutting a lot of that stuff.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:24 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
ESPN has massive contracts with major sports that cost huge dollars.

We almost cut cable last year. We are on the fence ATM. Just not into streaming is the only issue. I dont watch sports. I was huge into sports until 1995 when Art Modell took my football team away. I realized major sports are a bunch of publicly subsidized billionaires who exploit monopolies who employ a bunch of whiny millionaires, many of whom are criminals. I stopped watching.

If they ever did a sports free package, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:39 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
People are still hating and complaining about Trump wishing he fails instead of going about the own lives and enjoying the usual entertainment venues.
"No wonder ESPN and sports talk dying"

One has NOTHING to do with the other.

Another very POOR attempt to attach EVERYTHING to trump.

ESPN and "talk" sports shows are B.S. and people are tired of the same old thing 24/7.

I very seldom EVER watch any of them.

I don't CARE about their personal lives.

I just watch the games, PERIOD.

Besides they have become way too political.

Considering who owns them explains a lot.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:51 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,505 times
The also over pay NBA and other pro sports leagues the rights to broadcast games. It makes mediocre NBA players have multi million dollar contracts they don't deserve

Old 05-26-2017, 06:43 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
ESPN has become way too liberal and its disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies