Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 06:14 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
according to three sources with direct knowledge.

And according to reports 3 traitors have been releasing classified information from the WH......interesting. As for the topic...I don't care really,I think climate change is fake as can be. On top of that the president HIMSELF said he will inform the public of his decision within the week so I will wait on HIS word over 3 traitors.
When I heard the so-called "testimony" of Hansen during June 1988 of the "greenhouse effect", or better yet "testilying," I practically fell over laughing. And this was before it became a left vs. right issue. Since then I have watched with alarm as this concept fused with the carbon tax, in its various guises. Evcen worse, this fused with the concept of global wealth redistribution schemes as exemplified by the Paris Climate Accords.

Most climate alarmists point to climate change in the high Arctic, Kilimanjaro or Antarctica,k where historical data is lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Love it! Its a waste of US taxpayer money. Amazing how European countries can place such urgency on something so long term, while ignoring the urgency of radical Islam in their countries.
Most people supporting the Paris accords haven't read them. They have a solution. In the virtually certain event that the Paris targets are not met we get to pay into a fund for climate adjustment coupled, believe it or not, with gender equity. The Europeans care about this since administering the fund will feed the Brussels bureaucracy now endangered by Brexit and France's near miss. As far as money that is distributed by the climate adjustment fund, I doubt we can trust them and distributees such as Mugabe and Kabika to use our money wisely. Seriously that's not touchy feely. It's straightforward theft.

By the way, I am repping both posts.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:26 AM

158 posts, read 107,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Well since he canned all the Obama staff the traitors must be folks he hired huh?
[url]https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/01/us/politics/obama-holdovers-who-survived-trump-sweep.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=0&referer=[/url]

Obviously not. Still MANY holdovers from Obama administration in the WH and other places they can leak information.

Old 05-29-2017, 06:30 AM

158 posts, read 107,091 times
[url=http://freebeacon.com/politics/obama-admin-loyalists-government-insiders-sabotage-trump-white-house/]Obama Admin Loyalists, Government Insiders Sabotage Trump White House[/url]

Old 05-29-2017, 06:39 AM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
When I heard the so-called "testimony" of Hansen during June 1988 of the "greenhouse effect", or better yet "testilying," I practically fell over laughing. And this was before it became a left vs. right issue. Since then I have watched with alarm as this concept fused with the carbon tax, in its various guises. Evcen worse, this fused with the concept of global wealth redistribution schemes as exemplified by the Paris Climate Accords.

Most climate alarmists point to climate change in the high Arctic, Kilimanjaro or Antarctica,k where historical data is lacking.

Most people supporting the Paris accords haven't read them. They have a solution. In the virtually certain event that the Paris targets are not met we get to pay into a fund for climate adjustment coupled, believe it or not, with gender equity. The Europeans care about this since administering the fund will feed the Brussels bureaucracy now endangered by Brexit and France's near miss. As far as money that is distributed by the climate adjustment fund, I doubt we can trust them and distributees such as Mugabe and Kabika to use our money wisely. Seriously that's not touchy feely. It's straightforward theft.

By the way, I am repping both posts.

Historical data is lacking? I think we have enough to establish that we have a problem or we can study it for another 50 years and keep on generating CO2.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-acces...ets/historical

https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/arctic-zone/data.html

Old 05-29-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Of-course he will if given the opportunity to do something stupid he always takes it, and downward we slide..........
Why is pulling out of the Accords stupid? If the Accords weren't stupid Obama would have submitted them as a treaty.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You're local weather patterns are irrelevant to Global Warming, these change frequently based on many variables. Global warming is a measurement of the average global temperature, without getting into a debate about the accuracy it has risen about 1 degree since the mid 1800's. While this is a small change it cab be significant on the global scale.

There was a global catastrophe millions of years ago, the earth is still healing itself from.
We are still coming OUT OF the ice age. Of coarse the earth is hotter today than it was 100 years ago.
It is almost back to normal.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Historical data is lacking? I think we have enough to establish that we have a problem or we can study it for another 50 years and keep on generating CO2.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-acces...ets/historical

https://www.pmel.noaa.gov/arctic-zone/data.html
What I want is city by city data, not some bogus and easily manipulated "world temperature."

Old 05-29-2017, 07:29 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
The WH keeps putting off this discussion. Ivanka brought in people like Al Gore (yes, I know about his house) and Leo Dicaprio (though she may have had ulterior reasons for that). Trump's running it like a tv show with a cliff hanger. The pope even talked to him and gave him a book on it. Guess he doesn't know trump can't read.

Yes, I believe climate change is real and that there's a man made component. I'd like to think this will still be a livable planet for my son and even his children and grandchildren should he have them. The rest of the industrialized world is moving forward on this, and we're becoming a meaningless little backwater.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes, I believe climate change is real and that there's a man made component. I'd like to think this will still be a livable planet for my son and even his children and grandchildren should he have them. The rest of the industrialized world is moving forward on this, and we're becoming a meaningless little backwater.
I have read the Paris Climate Accords. While there is some florid prose about the dangers of climate change, most of the "meat" of the accords deals with global redistribution of income and other assorted social justice causes. I do have doubts about climate change but even if I were willing to accept the concept there is precious little the Accords do to stop it.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:13 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Every nation in the world except three, I believe, have signed onto the Paris Climate Accords. China is investing close to 325 billion in renewable energy.

The right-wing has been wrong on nearly every single environmental issue since the 80s, whether it was acid rain or CFCs. Conservatives used to be somewhat more open to environmental issues. Now they have become non-thinking automatons for anything anti-environmental.

I think the right-wing in this country considers itself "exceptional" in that they know better than the scientists and the rest of the world about global warming and the science behind it. They don't.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 05-29-2017 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: clarification
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies