Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 10:19 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,973,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, come on. The man said he had a dream and nothing even came of it in the actual dream.

Have you all never had dreams where you were curious to see what you'd do if you'd only been able to stay asleep and finish the dream?

If we are to be held liable for our dreams now, a bunch of people would be in prison or in divorce court. Sheesh.
You're living in what Fox News calls an alternative reality if you don't get Mr. Carrey's exact implication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 10:24 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Did you even read that article or did you just see the headline and post?

What I got out of it was this: a dead woman's parent's blame her boyfriend for he death based on what appears to be just a wild guess of what could be true. And to be clear ,since you obviously did not read the article, they don't think he killed her; they think he was getting prescription drugs, possibly illegally, which she took and overdosed on.

I see grieving parents trying to blame something, or more cynically, trying to get money. And honestly, even if it's true, who ****ing cares? Do you know how many people do exactly that? A lot. You probably know someone who does that. I wouldn't say that alone makes him a bad person.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:25 AM

15,529 posts, read 10,499,357 times
" Jim Carrey: I dreamed of beating Trump with golf club "

I dreamed that he was making funny movies, you know, like he used too.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:25 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I bet he dreams of having a career again too.
You do understand that working in Hollywood does not require you to actually be in movies. He's plenty active behind the scenes, and that's entirely consistent with having success. Plenty of actors and comedians end up making their best work behind the scenes through writing, producing, or directing.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:29 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
" Jim Carrey: I dreamed of beating Trump with golf club "

I dreamed that he was making funny movies, you know, like he used too.
He probably had the same dream. This was not the way to accomplish it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
You do understand that working in Hollywood does not require you to actually be in movies. He's plenty active behind the scenes, and that's entirely consistent with having success. Plenty of actors and comedians end up making their best work behind the scenes through writing, producing, or directing.
No, google and it will detail. I linked in 2 articles. He has been sliding away and this should speed the descent.

Like Griffin, slipping away, he figured it was worth a shot to jump on the bandwagon and insult Trump. I think he lost.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:30 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Ho ho ho, soooo 'funny.'

Implying threats to the president of the United States huh?

Typical clueless celeb.

Jim Carrey defends Griffin: I dreamed of beating Trump with golf club
He's no worse than people who felt the same way about former President Obama.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Sensitive?
Responses to Carrey prove it.
Quote:
Not at all, I wouldn't dream of getting in the way of such displays of stupidity.
More here: You were saying...
Quote:
I am not offended, merely pointing out the true nature of the incident.
No, you're merely expressing your 38% opinion.

Quote:
You keep it up, I won't complain in the slightest, I will simply call a spade a spade!
Oh-k-a-a-a-a-y...

I prefer to call fools a bunch of fools.

To each his own, right?

Old 06-02-2017, 10:35 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
When I listen to Jim Carrey talking about how he dreamed of beating Trump with a golf club, I'm sure "snowflake" might be the first word many people think. That isn't something I think of. I think "Jim Carrey likely has some anger issues".

I bring up anger issues because I personally had a dream about me committing an act of violence. This act of violence, however, did not involve beating someone with a golf club, but something worse. In my heart, I know it is wrong to do such things, therefore, I would not do that. However, it speaks to the kind of psyche Jim Carrey might have. I'm still dealing with anger issues going back to my adolescent years(mainly as a result of bullying).

If someone goes to sleep and actually dreams about killing someone they don't like, it speaks more to their psyche than anything else. If it's in their subconscious, there is something more going on. I speak as someone who has had nightmares involving violence.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:39 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,691,500 times
Ever since Ace Ventura it's been down hill.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Nobody is condemning him for having a dream, rather his obvious political and open attempt at trying to share it with everyone.

You see.. if you have a dream about killing someone. This may not be a big deal, but if you have dream about killing someone and then precede to inform the world of it, well... I think we know what is going on here.

You defending him is just more evidence to the support of it.
I'm actually not a fan of his. His brand of humor is too juvenile for my liking.

But, he did say he had a dream and people share dreams with other people all the time. Have you never said "man... I had a weird dream last night!" to anyone before?

He just has a larger audience.

This is a huge nothingburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies