Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 10:48 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Just curious as to how the folks in the middle feel about Trump, as they are often drowned out by folks on opposite sides of each other yelling back and forth.

Good job thus far? Okay? Bad job? Anything you feel he's done well? some things he got wrong?

He's an embarrassment to people with any level of common sense. He has made the people of the U.S look like fools. Period. If they weren't laughing when Bush Jr was in office they are now. It makes my skin crawl to hear the man speak. I've know toddlers who speak more clearly and make more sense then this idiot. The fact that those who put this man in office are not embarrassed by him is beyond me.

I wish Mr. Markovic who Trump pushed out of the way would of punched his fat arse in the face. If something isn't done about Trump and soon, he's going to lead us some place where we can't get back from.

The ONLY good I can say for about his is the fact he removed people from paying the penalty for not having health insurance.

Other then that he's a fool & he should hang his head in shame. And I would be happy to tell that to his face!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 10:49 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I fall in that category, I guess.

I hate him. I think he's a bit of a buffoon. Wish he would just stop tweeting.

But if he runs again, I am going to vote for him. As much as I think I would dislike him, I believe he is making the decisions that are best for America.
I want him to succeed and I want Ivanka to become our first woman president.
Why do you waste your life hating anyone? You're wasting your life on such a negative emotion. The media (both) can feed you're hate if you let them. Turn off TV and go out and enjoy life a little.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:50 AM

15 posts, read 9,821 times
I'm not sure what 'Right' and 'Left' mean anymore.

Personally, I'm in favor of quite a few positions that you might consider leftwing. Public health care, strong environmental controls, a stronger antitrust law, regulations for large banks.

But, we can survive all of that over the long term. I think that the biggest threat to the Western world right now is unrestricted migration from the third world, both in terms of numbers and in cultural imperialism. That really is an existential threat. It's going to get worse as the wealth gradient and population imbalance increases. Just wait for Africa to explode into Europe.

As long as Trump works on the border issues, I can give him a pass on everything else.

Old 06-02-2017, 10:51 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Kind of like when we wished the extremist right would have gotten off Obama's ass so he could focus on his agenda. You get back what you give.
Sorry but I couldn't hear them over the fawning. This is why nothing gets done.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:03 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,114,602 times
Still wishing for a moderate third party to become viable. What bleh choices (to put it mildly) we got this time. Didn't vote for either. I still wouldn't vote for him.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:08 AM

15 posts, read 9,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Still wishing for a moderate third party to become viable. What bleh choices (to put it mildly) we got this time. Didn't vote for either. I still wouldn't vote for him.
I doubt that you could get enough people to agree on something to form a viable third party.

There's plenty of people who don't feel Democratic or Republican, but they don't necessarily jibe in their views.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:12 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,702,289 times
I voted for Johnson

Old 06-02-2017, 11:25 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Day View Post
I doubt that you could get enough people to agree on something to form a viable third party.

More then enough people wanted Sanders as president I was and still am one of them. Get rid of the Electoral College voting & change it to the popular vote & he would of won hands down. Yet here we are the dumbest, lard arse , embarrassing human being one could want for president.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,497 times
Trump and his Administration are a mess. Completely all over the place and he's too thin skinned. He and the (R) controlled congress aren't getting things done at all with that kind of power. Comey testifying on June 8th will be the most watched thing in TV history or close to it and the viewer count alone will send this President off the deep end let alone the testimony itself.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's the losers who are doing the whining.

Would you like some cheese?
I did not support Hillary, and reminder: it is the Nation that is losing, but you really don't care so there is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies