Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:45 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times

Advertisements

I still cannot call "him" president and don't see that changing..unless HE does something so great...but not holding my breath. I want to live for a while longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I always thought of myself as a principled conservative/Republican. Although I voted for Trump, I now realized (after being on this forum for 2 years or so) I am actually a moderate Republican.
This forum should not be a measure of your place on the political spectrum.

The people here seem to be on the fringes with a couple sprinkled from what is called the "vast middle"

Being called the "middle" here could mean you are only one Standard deviation from being far right, which still puts you there in the real world, and not the moderate middle.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
He's a blowhard narcissist.
who beat an evil evil person.

Reason enough to disband the existing parties. Trump vs Clinton is like being asked would you rather be boiled in oil or flayed.
How is Clinton an evil evil person? And how is she worse than Trump? Please give examples.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:24 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,735,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I did not support Hillary, and reminder: it is the Nation that is losing, but you really don't care so there is that.
Exactly. These Trumplings only care about one thing... pissing off liberals. All else is secondary, including the condition of our country.

Fortunately, saner heads are starting to realize the breadth of the situation we're in and how it's going to affect our people for generations if he is allowed to accomplish the bulk of his agenda. The Trumplings (those whose only goal is to stick it to liberals) are quickly becoming the minority and they don't even realize it. They're still under the delusion that the entire country is on their side. Hence everything that indicates what I'm saying is true is labeled "fake news".

I'm hoping this will open the door for a strong independent or a moderate Democrat in 2020. We'll need someone who can undo the harm Trump is causing as quickly as possible. Then we can get back to normal.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:35 PM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This forum should not be a measure of your place on the political spectrum.

The people here seem to be on the fringes with a couple sprinkled from what is called the "vast middle"

Being called the "middle" here could mean you are only one Standard deviation from being far right, which still puts you there in the real world, and not the moderate middle.
well, you are perhaps right about the "real world" scenario.

But on this forum, I am definitely more moderate than a lot of "moderate." (I think I am more moderate than you are, for example.)
and I am definitely not saying it is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't mind to be called a Republican. and I am one.

I always thought the definition of moderate means

In politics and religion, a moderate is an individual who is not extreme, partisan, nor radical. Even your definition of "moderate" is a bit extreme for my taste. I am just being honest.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:47 PM

15 posts, read 9,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Exactly. These Trumplings only care about one thing... pissing off liberals. All else is secondary, including the condition of our country.
It is interesting how 30 or so years of the Left having the bit in it's teeth has finally served to radicalize the Right. This time around, I'm seeing it amongst the young.

It should be exciting.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:48 PM

Oh lord, Nobody's only agenda is to **** of the left. SOME (not all) SOME are already mad enough.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
well, you are perhaps right about the "real world" scenario.

But on this forum, I am definitely more moderate than a lot of "moderate." (I think I am more moderate than you are, for example.)
and I am definitely not saying it is a good thing or a bad thing. I don't mind to be called a Republican. and I am one.

I always thought the definition of moderate means

In politics and religion, a moderate is an individual who is not extreme, partisan, nor radical. Even your definition of "moderate" is a bit extreme for my taste. I am just being honest.
people have called me moderate, and I consider my self a liberal and not a progressive or moderate, but living in the deep south in an area controlled by the tea party, i am called an extremist in this part of the real world.

So i guess im saying you have to take everything with a grain of salt.

That being said, Pew research say what most people call "the middle" actually sits firmly within the platform of the Democratic Party. So if you are a moderate, you actually agree with the left more than the right, you probably just dont think the left will fulfill their promises/dont trust them to "stop" at the right point.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Oh lord, Nobody's only agenda is to **** of the left. SOME (not all) SOME are already mad enough.
Yes, Trump supporters want to make liberals mad and destroy everything Obama's done, even if it was a good thing. They're spiteful, evil people.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yes, Trump supporters want to make liberals mad and destroy everything Obama's done, even if it was a good thing. They're spiteful, evil people.
I don't think so.

For example, I don't want to make anybody mad. I don't think I have that power to make anybody do anything they don't want to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies