Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 06:34 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,109,996 times

Advertisements

^^^^^
Blue states will fight climate change. I can just see the folks in Rhode Island handing over hundreds of millions of dollars to their state treasury to lessen 'global warming'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 06:34 PM

1,896 posts, read 814,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
there are two possibilities as to why trump left the paris accords;

1: he knows that the accords are a scam to send money to the corrupt organization called the UN, as well as cede a portion of US sovereignty to the UN

2: it is a negotiating tactic to force everyone to the negotiating table to hammer out a new deal that is more favorable to the US.
Or...

3) Trump listened to Pruitt instead of Rick Perry and Tillerson and got bad information about the structure of the agreement.

Quote:
in the end the europeans decided to let the US leave the accords instead of renegotiate the deal.
No, you can't renegotiate once you leave as that's how the agreement is structured. Trump didn't understand the structure of the agreement like how he doesn't understand that you can't negotiate trade with a single European country who belongs to the EU.

Trump can only negotiate while still a member of the agreement. Why would the rest of the globe re-negotiate now that China sees a way to take over where the US left off?

Old 06-03-2017, 06:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,761,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
^^^^^
Blue states will fight climate change. I can just see the folks in Rhode Island handing over hundreds of millions of dollars to their state treasury to lessen 'global warming'
Reading is fundamental.

"No matter how it's calculated, though, the Paris Agreement is not a binding treaty and the United States is not legally obligated to provide any specific amount. That means Trump would have been free to remain in the agreement without spending another dollar as president."

Why Trump Is Seeing Red About the 'Green Climate Fund' - NBC News

And we've already paid a billion dollars. Trump walked away from a billion dollar contribution so he could throw a tantrum in the Rose Garden.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am aware of that. Shipping LNG by freighter is highly inefficient.
Shipping by water is always more efficient.

Quote:
Put me in charge and I will end terrorism in a matter of days.
And get tried and executed for genocide in a matter of a few days? Some people have no problem committing atrocities....

Old 06-03-2017, 06:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,812,574 times
Quote:
The money spent on the military means we don't get effed with. The technology used by the military trickles down into the US economy.

Money given to a third world corrupt pesthole via an unenforceable accord gives us nothing in return.
I"M SHOCKED!

You are so hard to figure out! One minute you make an off the wall far left rage... and... then... THAT^^^

Which is totally rational, realistic, and honest.

I'm flummoxed

Old 06-03-2017, 06:42 PM

23,635 posts, read 17,316,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
If you do then it's obvious you have zero credibility. When I see you starting the threads about Trump increasing military spending and how is budget plan will greatly add to the deficit then you can talk.

Trump could have merely negotiated while still in the agreement, but leaving the agreement leaves the US no opportunity to do so. Remember, natural gas and renewables have gained significant market share on coal without an increase in electricity prices while reducing emissions. You are being lied to if you have heard otherwise.

Trump didn't listen to Rick Perry and Rex Tillerson and wasted an opportunity to push natural gas as clean burning alternative base load generating power.

In conclusion..... don't use money as an excuse as I'll make you look silly.
In the same breath as declaring a pull out, Trump said he was willing to renegotiate.

The EU's response was an unequviical NO.

Yes it was a bad deal financially for the US taxpayer, moreover the promised money had no specific goal, just a donation to some podunk country whose leader surely will use that money to pad a swiss bank account.

Not the money, the waste of the money.

the accord participants can do whatever they promised they would do, Trump isn't stopping them nor is he halting energy research in the US.

nonsensical hysteria driving liberals nuts.. no rationale as to what doesn't happen to the global hoax that US taxpayer money is required by the world to save the world.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
In the same breath as declaring a pull out, Trump said he was willing to renegotiate.

The EU's response was an unequviical NO.

Yes it was a bad deal financially for the US taxpayer, moreover the promised money had no specific goal, just a donation to some podunk country whose leader surely will use that money to pad a swiss bank account.

Not the money, the waste of the money.

the accord participants can do whatever they promised they would do, Trump isn't stopping them nor is he halting energy research in the US.

nonsensical hysteria driving liberals nuts.. no rationale as to what doesn't happen to the global hoax that US taxpayer money is required by the world to save the world.
Why should 200 countries renegotiate because Trump thinks he's special? We already donated a billion dollars. Trump could have remained without paying another penny. A lot of technology and jobs will be created from these initiatives and Trump ceded leadership, likely to China. This was epically stupid on Trump's part.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:46 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,513,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
If you do then it's obvious you have zero credibility. When I see you starting the threads about Trump increasing military spending and how is budget plan will greatly add to the deficit then you can talk.

Trump could have merely negotiated while still in the agreement, but leaving the agreement leaves the US no opportunity to do so. Remember, natural gas and renewables have gained significant market share on coal without an increase in electricity prices while reducing emissions. You are being lied to if you have heard otherwise.

Trump didn't listen to Rick Perry and Rex Tillerson and wasted an opportunity to push natural gas as clean burning alternative base load generating power.

In conclusion..... don't use money as an excuse as I'll make you look silly.
That involves fracking, and greenies hate fracking...

He promised coal country what? And Clinton threatened what? Thier source of jobs and income. Be mad all that you want. I'm sure someone who has a job relating to coal is able to put food on the table for their family.
So yes to some degree it does have to do with money. May not be yours, but to someone, somewhere, in an area with abundant resources who depend on said resources for a living... I rarely have sympathy, but they at least work in an industry that has been demonized by a theory opposed to jumping on the taxpayer funded gravy train.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
As he could have but he pulled out in order to make a statement to the world. Learn to pull your own weight!
Yea.... his statement was that "I choose not to understand that I can only renegotiating a non-binding agreement while I am still in that agreement".

China benefits the most from the US pulling out as China has repeatedly shown it doesn't have a problem throwing it's public weight behind initiatives.

Old 06-03-2017, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
That involves fracking, and greenies hate fracking...

He promised coal country what? And Clinton threatened what? Thier source of jobs and income. Be mad all that you want. I'm sure someone who has a job relating to coal is able to put food on the table for their family.
So yes to some degree it does have to do with money. May not be yours, but to someone, somewhere, in an area with abundant resources who depend on said resources for a living... I rarely have sympathy, but they at least work in an industry that has been demonized by a theory opposed to jumping on the taxpayer funded gravy train.
While new technologies and jobs will be created from the initiatives in the Paris Agreement, Trump supporters will be waiting for those coal jobs to come back. Mystifying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies