Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 03:04 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It wasn't government property. They were his own notes. They were not classified. He is not in any sort of legal jeopardy for releasing what he did.
Was our government paying him while he wrote those notes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldoak2000 View Post
Schumer: " the Tapes, we need the Tapes" . . .

you Dems are DOOMED ! !

Schumer to Trump: Play Comey tapes or admit they don't exist | TheHill

1,184 posts, read 720,828 times
This is like after Maddow showed the tax return...nothing. CNN's headlines went from Bombshell to nothing to lol

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's just too bad that Trump STATED that he was thinking about the Russian investigation when he decided to fire Comey. He didn't say he was thinking about the Clinton investigation. He was thinking about the Russian investigation.
Thankfully we have not make it illegal to "think" in the USA.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Yep and I also like the part about how he NEVER took any of his Famous Notes after any conversations with anyone in the Obama Administration ...... not even when he was instructed to use Clinton Campaign Language and call a Criminal Investigation in Hillary Clinton a "Matter" and not an investigation of any sort.

Nothing "note" worthy about that, but his very first meeting and every meeting of any sort with President-Elect Trump and President Trump required his Famous Notes. Nobody asked why that was the case and why he went all those years without a single "note" about any conversations with TeamObama.
Trump has been known to be a liar and con man since the 1970's.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:06 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So, Trump fired the investigator because the investigator was looking into Trump's campaign and its involvement with Russia. NOT the reason you originally stated. Backpedal, much?
Most of the time there are several reasons why someone is fired. I think he was fired because he couldn't be trusted. Did you see my "Only." I am not agreeing with you. I had never heard what some of you said before. I usually look at the bigger picture.

It makes no sense to me that he would ask for any problems in his staff and then fire someone to get them to stop investigating. Sounds to me like he was ready to take care of any wrongdoing in his people himself. The FBI was basically holding the president hostage by letting lies in the press about his being investigated to keep going. FBI should be doing what is best for our country. It is not good for our president to be "under a cloud" for no reason.

Last edited by NCN; 06-08-2017 at 03:17 PM..

Old 06-08-2017, 03:08 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Trump has shown himself as a person not to be trusted since he lied about it raining on day 1. A statement we could all see was a lie.
What rain? The few drops that fell is NOT considered raining by the experts.. I live in Florida. A few drops does not mean it is raining. We know when it is raining . We seek shelter when it is raining . A few drops and nothing more is a sprinkle and is not considered raining.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:08 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
I think it was so funny how CNN had a count down clock to Comey's testimony like it was a bomb that was going to go off.

Did anyone really expect that Comey would have a bomb to drop?

Did we learn anything new?

The two take aways for me was that
the Russians meddled but no votes were changed
Trump may have asked to go easy on Flynn but that is not obstruction of justice.

SO what is next for the Dems?

Old 06-08-2017, 03:09 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Comey is a disgruntled ex-employee who called the President of the United States a liar.
Comey is an ex-employee who told the truth about the liar.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:10 PM

17,346 posts, read 11,289,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Dream on. No one expected a "bombshell", Comey is a reserved, intelligent, professional man and we knew he would simply state the facts as he remembered them. He was very kind to Trump, refusing to speculate on Trumps motives, and instead, saying "I will let the investigation decide that".

However, it sure looks like your Jim Jones has his tail between his legs. Never seen that arrogant SOB so obviously worried:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3xMRc_o4Zg
Oh come on. At least try to be a little bit truthful to hold some credibility. Liberals were posting on here saying Trump should just resign immediately before Comey testifies or be impeached immediately because of the bombshells Comey was about to spill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies