Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2017, 09:58 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Anti Sharia law marches taking place across the country today. Its bringing out the loony left who support terrorist.

Their message is :
“Sharia is incompatible with our Constitution and with American values. We stand against female genital mutilations and child marriages.”

Loony left message :
“This rally is organized by a racist hate group and is meant to generate anti-Muslim bigotry. "

Things seem to be going well. Only one arrest being reported so far.
So does the child marriage thing apply for Mormons too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 10:07 AM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
You do realize, liberal, that Sharia IS BEING PRACTICED in some areas already?
The full-court-press of the Salafists is that American courts and laws should respect whatever actions those practicing Sharia might take.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:21 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,067,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
There are Muslims and there are Muslims. One of the problems of both political sides is failing to understand the distinction.

Have you heard of a nation in Africa called Senegal? It was formerly a French colony, gained freedom in the 60s. It's 90% Muslim and the first thing they did was freely elect a Catholic president. He remained president for 20 years and since then they've continued elections handing power from party to party...and you haven't heard of them because they haven't had any severely violent issues.

But the Muslims of Senegal mostly practice Sufi Islam, which is a sect that has spiritualized the concept of "jihad" to mean "the inner struggle to be holy." They're kind of the "Pentecostals" of Islam. Some American Pentecostals are "holy rollers," but Sufis didn't roll, they twirled (they've been called "Whirling Dervishes").

Most people don't realize that there had been (and still is) a Sufi worship center only a couple of blocks from the World Trade center.

So on one hand you have Sufis who aren't bothering anyone. On the other hand you have the extremest doctrine Salafism (closely connected and hard to distinguish from Wahabbism). It is specifically the Salafi doctrine that is fueling terrorism around the world. It's all them. You might have Shiites cutting up in the Middle East in and near their own territories, but it's the Salafis who are "coming to a theater near you." ISIS is Salafist. The 9/11 hijackers were Salafis. The terrorism in Europe is Salafist.

These anti-Sharia activities are actually anti-Salafi activities, because it's the Salafi doctrine that requires every Muslim to press for Sharia wherever he lives. "Soft" Salafism will push for greater and greater Sharia autonomy in every possible way; "hard" Salafism will commit acts of terror.

And other Muslims are talking about it, if you're listening, because Salafis terrorize them, too. Senegal is suffering terrorism from Salafis, for instance, because Salafis despise Sufis.

Here is the problem: Egypt is the home of Salafism and Saudi Arabia is the greatest financial supporter and proponent of Salafism all over the world and particularly in the west. Our two best Muslim buddies are actually our worst enemies. But Saudi money will keep you from hearing about it.
Sufism is a philosophical attempt to portray Islam differently from its texts
They are considered to be beyond true Islam
Wahhabism and Salafism did not come from a vacuum
But it supports her thoughts and verses from the Word of God
And interpreted it as originally
The proper interpretation of the word of God makes every Muslim Wahhabi and Salafi
I think 80 percent of Senegalese Muslims really not understand Islam

Last edited by mahasn sawresho; 06-11-2017 at 10:22 AM.. Reason: Error in the transmitter

Old 06-11-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
Sufism is a philosophical attempt to portray Islam differently from its texts
They are considered to be beyond true Islam
Wahhabism and Salafism did not come from a vacuum
But it supports her thoughts and verses from the Word of God
And interpreted it as originally
The proper interpretation of the word of God makes every Muslim Wahhabi and Salafi
I think 80 percent of Senegalese Muslims really not understand Islam
You point appears to be "Sufis are doing it wrong." I'm not sure an outsider can determine what the proper belief for insiders must necessarily be. I don't think an atheist, for instance, is in a place to determine whether Protestantism or Catholicism is true Christianity.

So if Sufis are "doing it wrong," so, btw, are Catholics who concede to live in a country that is not under the rule of the Church.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:03 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Does anyone know how many people marched in the anti-sharia demonstrations?

From what I've been able to gather, the numbers were pretty small in most places, and were at least matched in numbers by counter-protesters.

Anyone here participate as a protester or counter-protester?

Old 06-11-2017, 02:47 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,067,491 times
Quote:
You point appears to be "Sufis are doing it wrong." I'm not sure an outsider can determine what the proper belief for insiders must necessarily be. I don't think an atheist, for instance, is in a place to determine whether Protestantism or Catholicism is true Christianity.

So if Sufis are "doing it wrong," so, btw, are Catholics who concede to live in a country that is not under the rule of the Church.
I say that Sufis interpret Islam in the wrong way
Because their interpretations are not consistent with the clear texts in the Word of God
It is the Word of God
If the word of God in the Koran says
He must kill Christians and Jews
I think that any philosophical attempt to beautify the text is futile

Old 06-11-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
I say that Sufis interpret Islam in the wrong way
Because their interpretations are not consistent with the clear texts in the Word of God
It is the Word of God
If the word of God in the Koran says
He must kill Christians and Jews
I think that any philosophical attempt to beautify the text is futile
Are you Muslim?

Old 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Are you Muslim?

No.
They are Literate.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:42 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
It's interesting on all the liberal news media they are reporting that this march is anti-Muslim. I have Muslim friends who are against Sharia law. Why can't the liberals separate the two??? They get mad when people lump terrorists and Muslims together.

AND why do liberals poo-poo on Christian ideals but will stand up for Sharia Law?!? Someone please answer that.
I answered it quite clearly. Read the thread.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:52 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I answered it quite clearly. Read the thread.
I got your take was hoping for a lib to answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies