Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 04:51 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,448,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Why are you arguing & complaining instead of celebrating your President's actions? From the beginning it's been obvious to anyone not sticking their heads in the partisan sand, that Trump is a centrist & will do things both parties will like. He is not a traditional Conservative, not a traditional Liberal. He's much closer to the middle, like most of the people in the country.
OK..guess you missed the part where I stated I did NOT support DACA.

While I believe the issue needs to be addressed, Obama's Executive Order was unconstitutional. IMO

A logical extension of that is that Trump's allowing the DACA E.O. to continue to operate means that he owns a piece of it.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:09 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,339,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
He has.
Yes he has Donna-501, and on the one hand I'm not comfortable with that. I'm not an immigration hard-liner. I live in a small, very diverse city and I like that my kids have grown up deeply comfortable with it all.

On the other hand, I see too many blatant instances of illegals abusing this country's generosity. We have community organizers that come in where I work every Saturday and hand out EBT cards like candy to the illegals. That qualifies them for SNAP and Temporary Assistance (cash from debit machines). All the bodegas around here accept them no questions asked. You'll see people running around with handfuls of them...that's your taxpayer dollars btw.

Before the November elections it was crazy busy. The CO's would come in and tell people right off the proverbial boat where to vote and who to vote for. A lot of these people can't read, and the CO's would give them names of the people staffing the polling booths and who to talk to. That's fraud.

And illegal immigration has consequences. A small, VERY blue town in the county I live in became a sanctuary village, threw open it's doors, funded a group to help settle illegals in town with all benefits and within a couple years lost its police department when it could no longer afford to have one. Now they have to pay the County Police to patrol their town.

So I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. We badly need to get a handle on this mess. Obama had no intention of solving the problem and neither did Bush. I give Trump my support on this issue as long as I think he's trying. The second he decides to kick the can down the road I'll be the first to complain.

Old 06-11-2017, 06:37 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Illegal aliens who have not broken any laws and have been allowed to live and work in the US for decades under numerous administrations.

The children brought to the US by illegal immigrants who have not broken any laws and have been allowed to live in America most of their lives under numerous administrations.

How can illegals live in this country if they aren't working here illegally by using a fake or stolen SS number (a felony) or working for cash evading taxes? That's breaking the law! Just the mere fact that they came here illegally means they broke the law. They haven't been "allowed" aka permission to live and work here either. Doesn't matter how long they managed to evade the law they must be deported.

Allowing children brought here by their parents illegally to remain here is rewarding the law breaking of their parents. So, no they all must be deported as they are found. Americans need their jobs back they don't need competition from the 770,000 so-called Dreamers here and millions of their parents.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:18 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,738,547 times
Apparently this whole "being President" thing is just not working out the way Trump expected it to. He thought he was going to run the country like one of his businesses where he was the boss and everybody had better do what he says or else.

I'm simply amazed that we're 9 pages in and still not one Trumpling has offered anything to justify his 180 on DACA. That was a major campaign promise. What gives?

Old 06-12-2017, 12:40 PM

63,003 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Apparently this whole "being President" thing is just not working out the way Trump expected it to. He thought he was going to run the country like one of his businesses where he was the boss and everybody had better do what he says or else.

I'm simply amazed that we're 9 pages in and still not one Trumpling has offered anything to justify his 180 on DACA. That was a major campaign promise. What gives?

Trumpling? You must have missed my post then because I did comment on my disappointment of Trump not rescinding DACA as he promised. There is no justification for it and especially not for approving new DACA applications. I would like an answer from him on that and I even posed that question on his website but so far no reply. I didn't expect I'd get one though.

The topic heading is misleading though. He didn't grant amnesty he granted stays of deportation so they coud be deported at any time. Amnesty is a whole different scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies