Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2017, 05:26 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
"Liberalism is a mental disorder"

You proudly proclaim that. Why would any thoughtful person even remotely mistake you for wanting to "help our country" when you basically flat out proclaim that half of your fellow Americans are mentally ill? Do you take us for idiots?
Well, according to Hillary, I am a basket of deplorable..I'm irreedemable dont'cha know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2017, 05:49 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,092,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well, according to Hillary, I am a basket of deplorable..I'm irreedemable dont'cha know?
Well, I have no idea if you're irredeemable or not. Though, with a response like this, it's quite clear you don't want to be.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:43 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Reading comments like this, over and over, revealing how Trump supporters think, or better put, feel, about Trump, one begins to better understand what we as average Americans are up against, the rest of us anyway...

Just think about this comment above. Imagine the notion that only one nomination to the Supreme Court is feat enough to declare Trump's "presidency a remarkable success story." How typical with Trump supporters that the bar be held so low that just about anything Trump says or does is viewed as something of a success, regardless the actual outcomes or consequences.

Yes of course any appointment to the Supreme Court is an important presidential responsibility, but that responsibility comes with the job! Claiming this is already enough to declare Trump a "remarkable success" is like declaring the marriage of a couple newlyweds is a "remarkable success" because they kiss after cutting the wedding cake!

The low point on the bar would be Clinton putting justices on the Supreme Court.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:14 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Dial down the drama, this thread isn't even a month old.
Funny!

We've got one going on about "straight jacket territory," Democrats and the KKK, "hate filled vitriol," and I'm the dramatic one?

In this forum, a thread that doesn't get a comment over 24 hours, maybe 48, is usually dead. No drama intended. Just fact...

Old 07-14-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If by "winning" you mean coming up with a healthcare bill so mean even Republican majority can't bring itself to pass it and being investigated by special prosecutor for lies and possible corruption, then sure... You're in first place!

What we can do to help our country is to elect leaders with basic integrity who don't undermine our free press, don't undermine our intelligence professionals, don't put their own kids and in-laws into power positions, don't enrich their own businesses while in office, don't use Twitter to behave like juveniles, and don't try to use intimidation tactics to obstruct investigations. That would be a good start. Know anyone who can fit the bill?
Might add we not elect a nitwit who doesn't know the first thing about politics, so that maybe we don't have this ridiculous family affair in which the son ignorantly meets with Russians, along with other Trump team members mind you, and then think the American public is going to believe Trump didn't know all this was going on, or that it is okay it went on...

If this is winning or being in first place or making America great again, then maybe cancer is a good thing too.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
"Liberalism is a mental disorder"

You proudly proclaim that. Why would any thoughtful person even remotely mistake you for wanting to "help our country" when you basically flat out proclaim that half of your fellow Americans are mentally ill? Do you take us for idiots?
Thought exactly the same thing when I read the first comment and noticed that ridiculously moronic claim, but didn't even want to give it any further consideration, not that the comments are any more intelligent however...

Old 07-14-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
After reading some of the comments in these threads, I think I know what Hillary was trying to get at...

Old 07-14-2017, 08:29 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The low point on the bar would be Clinton putting justices on the Supreme Court.
Why? Would it also have been a low point for Obama to put one in? He tried but the party of "No" obstructed as usual.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:31 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
After reading some of the comments in these threads, I think I know what Hillary was trying to get at...

Do you think ! Hillary nailed that one.

As for us "being angrier every time we lose against Trump", WHEN have we lost anything to Trump ? This jackass hasn't been able to enact one of his hairbrained ideas yet, and can't even get his own party to go along with him.

If anyone is losing, it sure ain't us ! In fact, every day is a new win for us because every time he opens his mouth, or tweets, it is like another time he shoots himself in the foot. I can't wait to see what stupid thing he does today !

"Oh, thank you Mr. Trump, we Dems are SO tired of winning.........please don't make us win any more !"

Old 07-14-2017, 09:37 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Do you think ! Hillary nailed that one.

As for us "being angrier every time we lose against Trump", WHEN have we lost anything to Trump ? This jackass hasn't been able to enact one of his hairbrained ideas yet, and can't even get his own party to go along with him.

If anyone is losing, it sure ain't us ! In fact, every day is a new win for us because every time he opens his mouth, or tweets, it is like another time he shoots himself in the foot. I can't wait to see what stupid thing he does today !

"Oh, thank you Mr. Trump, we Dems are SO tired of winning.........please don't make us win any more !"
The fact that liberals consider things like stopping illegal immigration, protecting Americans from terrorism and growing the economy as "Hairbrained" ideas and bask in dumb crap like Personal attacks and media sensationalism says alot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies