Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:03 AM

29,556 posts, read 9,768,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Read the first quote....WHY IS THE LEFT SO VIOLENT SINCE THE ELECTION?

And then you provide a link from 20 years ago..the election was 5 months ago, not 20 years ago. Try again
This thread is moronic, as if we're going to start blaming any political side, left or right, for these nut jobs who decide to go out and murder others, but just for the sake of balance, you folks on the right ought to think twice before you start pretending that violence is something only perpetrated by nut jobs from the left...

Is this case of violence recent enough for everyone?

Two men were killed and another injured after trying to protect Muslim women from being harassed on a tram in Oregon, triggering calls for Donald Trump to speak out against racism.

‘Brave and selfless’ men murdered trying to protect Muslim women being harassed on tram

Christian is a known white supremacist who attended a right-wing "March for Free Speech" on April 29 in Portland, The Portland Mercury reported.

He brought a baseball bat to the march to assault left-wing protestors with, which was later confiscated by police.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinst...Aln#.bhx7keZnr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 09:12 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,956,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
This thread is moronic, as if we're going to start blaming any political side, left or right, for these nut jobs who decide to go out and murder others, but just for the sake of balance, you folks on the right ought to think twice before you start pretending that violence is something only perpetrated by nut jobs from the left...

Is this case of violence recent enough for everyone?

Two men were killed and another injured after trying to protect Muslim women from being harassed on a tram in Oregon, triggering calls for Donald Trump to speak out against racism.

‘Brave and selfless’ men murdered trying to protect Muslim women being harassed on tram

Christian is a known white supremacist who attended a right-wing "March for Free Speech" on April 29 in Portland, The Portland Mercury reported.

He brought a baseball bat to the march to assault left-wing protestors with, which was later confiscated by police.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinst...Aln#.bhx7keZnr

Jeremy Joseph Christian was another Bernie Sanders supporter.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:21 AM

448 posts, read 367,022 times
They are losing their minds. They can not deal with the fact he beat Skankles ass. Those who were destroying the nation lost and can not stand it that they have had their agenda set back a decade. Sorry but these idiots are insane.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,124,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
They are losing their minds. They can not deal with the fact he beat Skankles ass. Those who were destroying the nation lost and can not stand it that they have had their agenda set back a decade. Sorry but these idiots are insane.

Your opinion I guess.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:30 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,594,166 times
Cool You're angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
Dear Trumplings:

Time to stop living in the past. The election was last year and tRump has now been tripping over his own tweets for nearly 5 months. Remember, Dems are powerless and irrelevant. The GOP controls EVERYTHING. All that happens is theirs to own.

Update: Your so-called prez is now under investigation for obstruction of justice. Probably other things as well. His administration is a chaotic leaderless mess.

Tired of "winning?"

Old 06-15-2017, 09:33 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,318,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Im sure it must be so frustrating for the liberal establishment to keep making baseless charges against the President and to keep getting shut down completely time after time after time. I get it, you hate him, who cares, but you are also damaging your platform and support by continuing this crap. Please, just stop, and lets get on with doing what we can to help our country..ok?
If an independent counsel is investigating you, there's a good reason for it.

Nobody's "losing" except the American people because we have people in positions of power that seem to be unable to recall stuff like when they met with Russians or that they tried to shut down investigations by the FBI.

You know, that sort of pesky thing we should all ignore and get on with the MAGA, right?

LOL.

I'm not angry. I'm amused.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Jeremy Joseph Christian was another Bernie Sanders supporter.
Half truths are often worse than flat out lies...

Jeremy Joseph Christian held extremist views, posting neo-Nazi, antisemitic, and far-right material on social media, as well as material indicating an affinity for political violence. Christian described himself as a white nationalist. In April 2017, Christian wrote, "I just Challenged Ben Ferencz (Last Living Nuremberg Persecutor)(sic) to a Debate in the Hague with Putin as our judge. I will defend the Nazis and he will defend the AshkeNAZIs [a reference to European Jews]". He had praised Timothy McVeigh in an online posting on April 19, the anniversary of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing; he also "posted conspiracy theory memes from the right-wing Alex Jones Channel". The Oregonian noted that Christian made many contradictory Facebook posts, but that such contradictions are typical of extremists; his posts "reveal a comic book collector with nebulous political affiliations who above all else seemed to hate circumcision and Hillary Clinton". He at times expressed support for Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, although he wrote that he did not vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_P...d_train_attack

But again my point is not that the right wing perspective necessarily breeds violence any more than from the left. These crazies should not be used to represent anything but crazy, and anyone who thinks radicals from the left are anymore scary than extremists from the right is also a little crazy.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If an independent counsel is investigating you, there's a good reason for it.

Nobody's "losing" except the American people because we have people in positions of power that seem to be unable to recall stuff like when they met with Russians or that they tried to shut down investigations by the FBI.

You know, that sort of pesky thing we should all ignore and get on with the MAGA, right?

LOL.

I'm not angry. I'm amused.
I've got to wonder about anyone who in the same comment notes the American people are "losing," and in the same comment also adds they are "not angry" but "amused."

What does it take for people to feel angry about what is happening to us, the American people?

Or maybe this is another indication that enough Americans are just well enough off to become for the most part apathetic about what is going on around us, in government. Or maybe it's the sense of hopelessness.

I think that might be it for me...

Old 06-15-2017, 10:05 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,956,137 times
Quote:
Half truths are often worse than flat out lies...

Jeremy Joseph Christian held extremist views, posting neo-Nazi, antisemitic, and far-right material on social media, as well as material indicating an affinity for political violence. Christian described himself as a white nationalist. In April 2017, Christian wrote, "I just Challenged Ben Ferencz (Last Living Nuremberg Persecutor)(sic) to a Debate in the Hague with Putin as our judge. I will defend the Nazis and he will defend the AshkeNAZIs [a reference to European Jews]". He had praised Timothy McVeigh in an online posting on April 19, the anniversary of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing; he also "posted conspiracy theory memes from the right-wing Alex Jones Channel". The Oregonian noted that Christian made many contradictory Facebook posts, but that such contradictions are typical of extremists; his posts "reveal a comic book collector with nebulous political affiliations who above all else seemed to hate circumcision and Hillary Clinton". He at times expressed support for Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, although he wrote that he did not vote.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_P...d_train_attack

But again my point is not that the right wing perspective necessarily breeds violence any more than from the left. These crazies should not be used to represent anything but crazy, and anyone who thinks radicals from the left are anymore scary than extremists from the right is also a little crazy.
This looks pretty damned hard core to me:

Jeremy Christian tweet

Old 06-15-2017, 10:37 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,646,742 times
Quote:
I've got to wonder about anyone who in the same comment notes the American people are "losing," and in the same comment also adds they are "not angry" but "amused."

What does it take for people to feel angry about what is happening to us, the American people?

Or maybe this is another indication that enough Americans are just well enough off to become for the most part apathetic about what is going on around us, in government. Or maybe it's the sense of hopelessness.

I think that might be it for me...
hmmm

Quote:
And what EXACTLY is happening to "us Americans"? How exactly has your life changed for the worst since Trump got into office? Did you become homeless? Did you lose your job? Are you starving? Do you still have your car? Are your kids still attending school?

Why are you angry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies