Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 10:35 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times

Advertisements

I think we can see by reading this thread who is angry. And unhinged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 10:35 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
that's not why are they are marching

they are marching because they think we are actually living in a new version of Nazi Germany or in some dystopian novel like The Hunger Games
People think that because of Trump's own rhetoric. The fact that he used hatred and division over race and culture as the building block for his campaign. No other candidate did that.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:36 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,105,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
People think that because of Trump's own rhetoric. The fact that he used hatred and division over race and culture as the building block for his campaign. No other candidate did that.

No he didn't.

That's just what the left saw.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:37 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times
Quote:
Except for the Democrats who campaigned on identity politics and hatred of the deplorables. Which is almost all of them.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:38 PM

380 posts, read 164,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I think we can see by reading this thread who is angry. And unhinged.
No kidding...

Old 06-14-2017, 10:39 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times
Quote:
I know what's at the root of the issue. We had an African-American President whose name was Barrack Hussein Obama. That alone scared people. Not only that he was the first black President but that his name was Hussein Obama. I remember bumper stickers that said "A vote for Obama is a vote for Osama." He won overwhelmingly in 2008 and despite likewarm popularity, was re-elected in 2012. Meanwhile, you have alt-right media becoming increasingly popular and that media is demonizing Obama in every way possible. They get people to think he is a Muslim Kenyan terrorist plant who is out to destroy America and take away their guns. None of that's true, but that's what conservatives believed about Obama because that's what their "news sources" told them. In addition, Obama's years, especially his second term, was a time when the culture in this country as a whole is shifting away from many values conservatives hold dear, such as fundamentalist Christianity and traditional marriage. This has them feeling overwhelmed and like their way of life is under attack from an evil secular left that wants to oppress Christians and institute a one world government led by the anti-Christ. This is the root of why I think conservatives are so angry.
Well, I'm not so sure.

This is true for some people. Plenty of people always emphasize the 'Hussein' when they say his full name and obviously no one but those who think like that are stupid enough to not know why they did that. And while I think the decline of the 'Moral Majority' as it was called has impacted many, I really don't think it's the only factor. I don't think there's a singular reason for why the right has problems, nor one reason for the left's issues.

It's a whole web of bull****.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:39 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,143,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Marching out of concern for the continuing collapse of this country due to Trump and Republicans.

And if you don't believe that's happening, look at Republicans voting to destroy healthcare for millions of people just to give a massive tax cut to their filthy rich donors.

Even Trump said it's a horribly mean thing (after praising it of course, but he's never one for consistency).
The far-left regularly promulgates the use of physical violence in response to mere speech guaranteed by the First Amendment, racism in the name of diversity, and forceful discrimination under the desire to undo any semblance of merit-based outcomes.

Trump's an ego-driven, moronic, nationalist populist, but this doesn't excuse what I mentioned above.

Last edited by OpinionInOcala; 06-14-2017 at 10:51 PM..

Old 06-14-2017, 10:42 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
This selective memory of some on this forum is amazing. I find it amusing that folks are so "shocked", and calling folks unhinged yet these same folks were okay with the tea party rallies which had signs of obama and hitler, obama in a noose, obama hanging from a tree, and every other offensive thing you can think if.

whst happened today was not cool just as what happened when roof shot up the black church, or when gabby Gifford s was shot, or when the two good samaritans were killed protecting the muslim girls on the train.

None of it is cool but please spare me the outrage as if this just started, or now because a GOP member was targeted suddenly you are outraged.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:45 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
"What are conservatives so angry about?"

Talk about deflection, an angry Bernie supporter just shot several conservatives.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:46 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Well, I'm not so sure.

This is true for some people. Plenty of people always emphasize the 'Hussein' when they say his full name and obviously no one but those who think like that are stupid enough to not know why they did that. And while I think the decline of the 'Moral Majority' as it was called has impacted many, I really don't think it's the only factor. I don't think there's a singular reason for why the right has problems, nor one reason for the left's issues.

It's a whole web of bull****.
The "moral majority" and the loss of the culture war is a huge factor. Conservatives have spent the past 40 years fighting the culture war, trying to affirm Christian values in culture and opposing abortion and same sex marriage. The right pretty much lost the culture war in Obama's second term when we got nationwide gay marriage and major progress on transgender rights.

The left's problem is that are trying to counter the "moral majority" with their own SJW movement that is not in line with where a majority of Americans are culturally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies