Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:17 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,696,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Well, that is certainly a non-partisan view! Pot, meet kettle.
It's pretty accurate. The right wing propaganda machine is into group think and outright fabrications. When you have a president calling responsible reporting "Fake News" you have a real problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 09:24 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
It's pretty accurate. The right wing propaganda machine is into group think and outright fabrications. When you have a president calling responsible reporting "Fake News" you have a real problem.
When you have fake news ( MSNBC, CNN..........)calling itself free media you have a real problem.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:30 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,382,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
So...what can we do to get back to a more reasonable state in this country?
Stop importing foreigners to keep shifting the electorate to the left. People on the right know that their very existence is in jeopardy because the left keeps bring in ringers to vote to take what the people on the right produce and have produced.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:30 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
It would be helpful to campaign against religions, which are the cause of much of the divisiveness in public life.

Study Shows Religion May Be Contributing to Unprecedented Political Divide
You need to realize freedom of religion was a rule some states insisted on having before they would join the United States. Your lack of tolerance for those who do not think as you do IS the problem. You will find Christians helping people from other backgrounds during times of need. The problem people are those marching in the streets demanding their rights that they already have. They just want to be the only people who have rights.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:35 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I don't know what anyone else may do, but I'm going to write letters to my congressmen and tell them to go introduce themselves to others they don't know yet.

Not an email. Not a form letter sent on the internet. Just old-fashioned, hand-written letters, each sent in an envelope with a stamp on it.

When was the last time you got a letter like that? I'll bet it was a long time. They are more impressive nowadays than they once were, and they show a lot of time and intent. Congress doesn't ignore such things.

Once folks begin talking to each other on a personal basis, things begin to be accomplished. Resolving the divisions in our society won't happen suddenly, but they won't happen at all until those who can do something begin to get together and start getting things done again.

And since I can't go to Washington and shake my representatives by their collars, the most I can do is write a laborious and sincere letter. I can only hope it impresses them enough to break out of their partisan fog a little. I know I can't expect much more than that.
That's a good idea.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:44 PM

672 posts, read 256,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Stop importing foreigners to keep shifting the electorate to the left. People on the right know that their very existence is in jeopardy because the left keeps bring in ringers to vote to take what the people on the right produce and have produced.
How does it feel to live your life in fear?

The electorate naturally moves to what you deem the "left" as people realize that it 't diminish their rights to treat other people with the same respect they would like to receive themselves.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:59 PM

30,398 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Note: This is a BIPARTISAN Discussion. For the love of all that is holy, do not bring in crap like "Only X side, only media, only Trump, only whatever, Z does it more, etc." Both sides do it, end of story.

So...what can we do to get back to a more reasonable state in this country? We can't just give up and say X side sucks because they ALL do Y or all of this partisan crap. It's just dividing us farther.

I think encouraging additional parties to rise might help. Right now they are still stuck because you are told your vote then doesn't matter, so not enough vote third to get us anywhere. Probably works best at local and state to start, but START.

I guess moderates need to speak up more. It's harder since we are just in the middle (ish) and not quite as clearly defined, but need to show there are lots of ordinary non-hyper partisan people out there.

Hmmm...what else?

Accept the results of the election and drop the witch hunt.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:23 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,696,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
You need to realize freedom of religion was a rule some states insisted on having before they would join the United States. Your lack of tolerance for those who do not think as you do IS the problem. You will find Christians helping people from other backgrounds during times of need. The problem people are those marching in the streets demanding their rights that they already have. They just want to be the only people who have rights.
Much of the problem is religions flying under a false flag. The entire Southern Baptist Convention was suborned by satanists years ago. When you purge anyone who doesn't believe the bible is inerrant literal truth, you purge rational thought and turn the organization into a closed cult. Freedom of religion doesn't mean they are immune from criticism, and all Americans are free to campaign vigorously against the perversion of religion practiced by radical fanatics like the Southern Baptists or the Lutheran Missouri Synod. All "freedom of religion" means is that congress can make no law. That doesn't stop anyone from getting right up in their grill and telling them they are the face of evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies