Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 12:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,736,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Can I have a list please? CNN specifically.

Seriously, you folks make these accusations, I'd like a list. Things that were wrong, that were not retracted.
Just today, or since Monday?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 12:40 PM

38,096 posts, read 22,246,427 times
Quote:
Can I have a list please? CNN specifically.

Seriously, you folks make these accusations, I'd like a list. Things that were wrong, that were not retracted.
So that is the new standard eh? CNN can boost their ratings by broadcasting and promoting fake news for hours and days at a time, as long as they make a 10 seconds "oops-a-daisy" as a follow up mea culpa, days later? Or the New York Times can plaster fake news on the front cover of their paper, that slanders Trump or anyone else, as long as on page F22 of the Saturday edition?, they print a one line correction?

Old 06-28-2017, 12:51 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,421,574 times
Looked at some of the other fake news stuff....the VAST majority of it involves people getting fired for it, and retraction s.

Some of it has them repeating what they are told. That's not fake news, that's reporting what people said.

By comparison the majority of right wing news is 20x worse.

I'm unimpressed so far. CNN still seems one of the better sources of news by comparison.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:57 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,856,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Why not research your topic yourself?
Because the burden of proof rests on those that make the claim, whatever that claim is.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:57 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,655,942 times
Quote:
looked at some of the other fake news stuff....the vast majority of it involves people getting fired for it, and retraction s.

Some of it has them repeating what they are told. That's not fake news, that's reporting what people said.

By comparison the majority of right wing news is 20x worse.

I'm unimpressed so far. Cnn still seems one of the better sources of news by comparison.
k

Old 06-28-2017, 01:23 PM

30,355 posts, read 23,827,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Like they revoked Fox News' license after weeks of its irresponsible Seth Rich stories?
Are those stories untrue? Do you have any evidence that shows that those stories were untrue? If so, there's probably over a million people who would love to see what facts and evidence that you have that Sean Hannity, doing an opinion piece about Seth Rich's murder, was in any way "irresponsible" or incorrect.

Since we still don't know who killed Seth Rich, it's not "irresponsible" to talk about it. The family did not ask Sean Hannity not to talk about it. The Democrat supporting lawyer that the Rich family had hired said he doesn't want individuals going out there and spreading misinformation....which is hard to say what is misinformation when no one knows who killed Seth Rich.

But we all have a theory. A theory is not correct or incorrect...it's a theory.

Had Sean Hannity stated that the DNC killed Seth Rich, you would a good comparison. But he didn't say that.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:28 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,474,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Kinda sorta like Fox, eh?
Faux News has been pumping out fake news for 2 decades and never retracted the Bush-era WMD story.

The CNN exposé looks like another Breitbart article. Breitbart is the epitome of the current fake news outbreak.

The fake news scandal has been going on for 2 decades by the Right and the current brewhaha is about pushing an alternative reality within a walled garden that blocks out non-Right wing news sources for GOP supporters. That's Soviet-style propaganda! Gee I wonder where they got that idea from and assistance to build this wall???

Old 06-28-2017, 01:30 PM

30,355 posts, read 23,827,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I doubt you even looked at he video.

IF you did, you would see that he was IN A MEETINGS with other producers and the CNN Boss and THAT is where he got his info.

I know, details, details, details!
Ignore that person. I provided a link to Bonifeld's page on CNN because liberals are SO FRICKEN PREDICTABLE that I knew someone was going to say, "Who? CNN what?" And here we are.

In liberal land: "I don't know what that is, never heard of it, therefore it's not true."

Don't even waste your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
That's what bothers me the most. If CNN didn't go around getting pissy whenever someone called them Fake news, yet always try to accuse others of fake stories, it's a problem.

It's SO weird to see people STILL defend CNN in this situation. They really don't mind being lied to. That's alarming. Whether you love or hate Trump.
This is the type of thing that reveals exactly what people stand for - this type of thing shows the true colors of those on the left who at some other time may have actually claimed that they were "moderate". Anyone who defends this is a shill and nothing more. You cannot reason with shills. They don't care what the DNC does, they don't care how wrong the media is, they don't care what people in their party did, to them, nothing matters but the end game: Take over the country. That's it. If they have to lie, cheat, steal, defend, deflect, pretend, ignore, and be as disgusting, corrupt, and dishonest as a person can be, they will do it.

You can easily see who those people are on this forum now.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:35 PM

8,653 posts, read 10,187,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
The desperation by the Trump supporters to make a mountain out of a mole hill is flagrantly obvious. Yet, the lies Trump have told go unacknowledged. He's so desperate for adulation that he had to have fake Time magazine pictures mounted in his businesses. Oh the irony. Don't make me laugh. I drank too much tea and I'm about to.......

CNN did the right thing. They acknowledged a serious mistake had been made, issued a retraction and apology, and fired those that didn't follow protocol. When did Trump ever acknowledge a mistake let alone a lie? Um, never?

CNN credibility vs Trump? CNN.
Do you honestly believe they acknowledged a serious mistake and issued a retraction because they're credible and ethical? If that were the case, the story never would have made it to their website. The truth, like I state earlier in the thread is that they retracted the story and people were "urged" to resign in order to avoid a lawsuit: CNN faced $100M lawsuit over botched Russia story | New York Post

Old 06-28-2017, 01:39 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,438,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
CNN let the people go for poor reporting. Credibility seems intact. You don't see the same thing happening at Fox News or Brietbart.

That's because Fox and Brietbart didn't have to pretend underlings were failing to uphold standards.

CNN did have to do that because they got caught again.

They had to go into damage control mode again.

The people CNN tossed under the bus were simply following CNN protocol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies