Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 03:09 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times

Advertisements

I just watched that video. You have to be brain dead to think it means anything whatsoever. A few seconds in an obviously edited video. Yeah, sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 03:10 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
He does push the envelope. It depends on your political persuasion if you think the end justifies the means.
Is outright lying justified in your view? O'Keefe is well known for heavily editing video in order to distort or change what someone actaully said. That is not "pushing the envelope," it's deception, plain and simple. That's why he has no credibility. You can't trust anything he puts out to be honest. When you see his unedited footage that becomes abundently clear.

Quote:
O'keefe walked into a senators office with two other men posed as telephone repairmen. He ended up paying a $1,500 fine. A big time criminal sure.
So you think tampering with a Senator's phones in an attempt to illegally bug her office is no big deal? That says a whole lot about the kind of people the right will give credibility to as long as his deceptions are against your opponents. I guess to you attempting an illegal wiretap is just a case of the ends justifying the means, huh?

Old 06-28-2017, 03:10 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Please tell me how one goes about editing the statement (on video)...the Russia thing is just a big nothing burger?
We have no context of how he came to say that sentence. For example, one very plausible scenario is that he was talking about what others say, i.e. "Russia thing is a big nothing burger" and then he goes on to say what he actually thinks about it. I don't know why he said it or what he really believes, but none of y'all do, either, based on a one sentence clip. *shrug*

*Insert obligatory statement* Not a liberal/left/Democrat/whatever. Not a fan of pretending you can tell much from the way this was shot, really. Have to wait and see if more information comes.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:13 PM

526 posts, read 386,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Please. Project veritas does things like edit conversations where someone is talking about someone elses opinions, then represent it if they were that persons opinions.

This is garbage propaganda of the most disgusting sort. Why do you folks fall for okeefe over and over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Project Veritas is the epitome of fake news. Hilarious that anyone would cite them as anything other than a punchline.
Quote:
LOL, still trying to make that "mexican" owned thing work arent you? Some guy owns 17% of its stock,, and suddenly its Mexican owned. People call you out over it, and you just keep posting it and ignoring reality.

And making it all up? Was Trump "making it all up" when he stated that Obama should have done something about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
O'Keefe is a punchline. He plays dress up, in pimp clothes (that was a hoot!) and as a telephone company worker (that one earned him a criminal conviction), tapes things and then edits them so heavily that they don't resemble what anyone said in the slightest.

This little boy/convict playing dress up is your hero? Yeah, that figures.
Quote:
He "publishes" it? No. his edits it like crazy, and does thing like attributes statement they make about others, edits out that, and presents it as their statements. Its a false equivalency to compare him to actual news. Pathetic.
Quote:
Push the envelope? Bwahahaha.

Sorry but no. he is a hoax artist. He literally edits things in ways that not just pushs the envelope, but effectively creates complete alternate realities.

So why were 3 CNN employees fired? That doesn't seem reasonable, to fire someone over fake video hoaxes.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:15 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,111 times
5,000 thread views, people despise cnn.lol

I personally think stuff like cnn and alot of our mainstream media should just shut down and we could get some real journalism in there, like reuters, christian science monitor. Cnn is trash

We have one of the major stories of recent years, an entire state facing something basically like bankruptcy and cnn is so obsessed with trump they barely cover it. The lead stories are about trumps spokesman ignoring them and a fake trump time cover in his hotel, they care more about being the anti trump "resistance" than about covering the news

In Illinois hospitals, doctors and dentists don't get paid for hundreds of millions of dollars of patient care, small business contractors have to wait 6 months to get paid, social-service agencies help fewer people. public universities face losing accreditation , the state's bond rating falls to near junk status ,$250 billion in unfunded pension liabilities, and S&P said that that it could lower the state's rating to junk as early as this week if it doesn't pass a budget. People and businesses are continuing to leave the state. unpaid backlog is $14.6 billion and growing and its getting worse

Old 06-28-2017, 03:16 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
So why were 3 CNN employees fired? That doesn't seem reasonable, to fire someone over fake video hoaxes.
They got fired because CNN is a news organization,and they failed to follow the standards of the organization, which generally require multiple sources.

IE thats because CNN is a actual news organization that acts responsibly Or do you think CNN was wrong to do so?

Old 06-28-2017, 03:18 PM

526 posts, read 386,556 times
Quote:
They got fired because CNN is a news organization,and they failed to follow the standards of the organization, which generally require multiple sources.

IE thats because CNN is a actual news organization that acts responsibly Or do you think CNN was wrong to do so?

They can do what they please I neither agree nor disagree with their firing. I don't watch CNN, and have not since about the time of the 1st gulf war in the early 90's.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:23 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I never used to hear criticism of major network and newspaper sites UNTIL Trump started running for office. WTH, it's so bizarre. I get the alt-media like Breitbart being called out because no, they aren't real journalists and they are considered a fringe company, but when I see CNN, New York Times, and other major news outlets referred to as "fake news," it sounds like a bunch of tin foil hat conspiratorists are having a convention.
Where have you been all these years that you didn't notice any criticism of the lamestream media? And, no, I didn't make up that term.

Lamestream | Define Lamestream at Dictionary.com

Old 06-28-2017, 03:24 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Can I have a list please? CNN specifically.

Seriously, you folks make these accusations, I'd like a list. Things that were wrong, that were not retracted.
They should do a far, far, far better job of verifying stuff before they put it out there as news. Retractions very seldom get the type of traction need to remove the damaged created by the original story.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:24 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
It keeps getting worse for CNN. First firing 3 staffers for the fake Trump story after months of endless fake Trump stories (what took so long?) Then the CNN producer admitting the Russia story is fake news. Now Van Jones admits on video the Russia story is a "nothing burger".

Project Veritas|American Pravda: CNN
News is nothing but sensationalism to sell advertising. Until people refuse to advertise on this channel, nothing will change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies