Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 07:18 AM

45,360 posts, read 26,630,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Really

The great Sweden period. What years were the Sweden period ?
Never. it was sarcasm directed at the o.p.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 07:19 AM

16,786 posts, read 8,272,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
multiculturalism and diversity is causing division. It does not make us stronger it makes us weaker and destroys the fabric of society. Name me a place where this so called diversity is so wonderful? You can not. The places that have the most happy people are where they are homologous. Japan is one. They have a very strict immigration policy and they are among the happiest and content. This multicultural BS is down the same rabbit hole as political correctness.
Narrow minded and missed American history class in HS. Must have read about 1930's European politics.

We live in the best country on the planet.

Old 06-25-2017, 07:25 AM

33,605 posts, read 18,266,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
This is a very confusing thread. As another poster stated, we've ALWAYS been a diverse nation. To listen to some of you, the US should never have existed in this first place.
We are diverse but have been one nation as Americans. Multiculturalism is not becoming an American or assimilated into society and identify as an American. That is forgotten.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:59 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,959,897 times
Quote:
This is a very confusing thread. As another poster stated, we've ALWAYS been a diverse nation. To listen to some of you, the US should never have existed in this first place.
Agree it's 'loopy logic' & self-defeating to boot to essentially argue ourselves (US) out of existence.

Why Walt Whitman Called America the 'Greatest Poem'

The 19th-century writer believed that the power of poetry and democracy came from an ability to make a unified whole out of disparate parts.

Quote:
..."The United States themselves are essentially the greatest poem.” Whitman’s claim stemmed from a belief that both poetry and democracy derive their power from their ability to create a unified whole out of disparate parts—a notion that is especially relevant at a time when America feels bitterly divided. ...
https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...t-poem/510932/

Old 06-25-2017, 09:07 AM

45,674 posts, read 24,148,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Odd, I don't care what people want to wear. Why does it bother you if your neighbor wears a Burka? The Amish live a life certainly different from me but yet, so what?

If my neighbor invites me over for Pho, I should turn it down? (I wouldn't)
We need more Pho in the world. So good.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:07 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,452,752 times
The issue isn't multiculturalism and/or diversity in itself.

It's forced association/creating these paradigms through statist schemes such as immigration policies that causes problems.

The human trafficking exhibited by the world's governments, including the U.S., is only meant to divide and conquer the serfs.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:11 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,710,192 times
Quote:
multiculturalism and diversity is causing division. It does not make us stronger it makes us weaker and destroys the fabric of society. Name me a place where this so called diversity is so wonderful? You can not. The places that have the most happy people are where they are homologous. Japan is one. They have a very strict immigration policy and they are among the happiest and content. This multicultural BS is down the same rabbit hole as political correctness.

All of your posts have an obvious agenda, and they are all laced with hatred and bigotry. Bet you voted for Donald Trump, didn't you ?

1950 is calling, it wants it's old, outdated ideas back.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:22 AM

73,151 posts, read 62,999,037 times
The USA has always been divided. The nation was nearly torn apart in the Civil War. For most of this nation's history, if you were not White, you were forced into a lowly position. You wouldn't have a say. You would face discrimination. Truth is, the best this nation has ever been has been after the 1960s.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:31 AM

9,692 posts, read 7,437,035 times
Quote:
we've ALWAYS been a diverse nation.
united states has never been a diverse nation, it has alwayss been small neighborhood of diffufent cultures. Even the catholic been at war with the irish. Both white people but been at war for hundred of years.

you are only safe with your own family, your own culture. and they want to take that away too. Even the armish wants to live they own kind.

japan immigration, which is common with many other countries including mexico. is it really a bad thing

Old 06-25-2017, 09:44 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,976,763 times
Quote:
Switzerland - this small but dynamic country has a higher standard of living AND better healthcare than the US. Switzerland is divided into 4 different language and cultural areas - French-speaking, German, Italian, and even Romansh (an ancient language derived from the Latin of Caesar's time). The Swiss have a direct democracy - one of the oldest democracies in the world. Too bad we're not more like them.

The Four Corners (USA) - we are a very diverse and multicultural part of the US (you should visit us sometime). We are Anglo, Hispanic, Ute, and Navajo. Local radio stations broadcast in all 4 languages. Tourists come in vast numbers to visit Mesa Verde National Park for its famous cliff dwellings (probably built by the ancestors of today's Zuni and Hopi tribes (also a part of our diverse and intriguing part of the country). We have cowboys and Indians; ranchers and retirees; tourists and farmers, and we all get along just fine.

The American Colonies - a hodgepodge of gentry from Britain (mostly younger sons looking to acquire land in the New World); street urchins from London and Edinburgh; Germans seeking a place where they would be allowed freedom to practice their own religion - now today's Amish and Mennonites; indentured servents; true believers and agnostics. Jefferson was an agnostic, BTW. Somehow this "rabble in arms" came together and created our great country.

My mother was an immigrant. On my father's side, I can trace my family back to Massachusetts in the 1600's, and I ain't going down some petulant con's rabbit hole. If you want to step through the looking glass and live with a people who are completely homogenous and do not allow outsiders of any type, not ever - I suggest you buy yourself a nice five acre ranchette in N. Korea and don't let the door hit your rear parts on your way out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies