Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 07:59 AM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
As far as I am concerned they are one and the same. They just call their God something different. Posters on this forum are always screaming about how Muslims want to impose Sharia law on us, but what about all the Talibangelicals who are always trying to impose their fundamentalist brand of Christianity on us? Posters are always babbling about how the Koran says this or that ... but what about the Christian fundamentalists like Ted Cruz who think that the Bible should dictate government policy?

Goldwater was right. The American Right has been hijacked by Christian fundamentalists.

One talks about disliking those of the LGBT community and one kills them, for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 08:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I dislike the religious right as much as the next guy
You do realize that this is really no different than some Baptist in Kentucky saying, "I dislike gay people as much as the next guy" don't you?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:00 AM

39,206 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Draw a Jesus / Draw Muhammad

Why don't you do that and find out?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:22 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Here is how fundamentalist Christians responded to the Orlando shooting last summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxj8y5ctmiE&t

Old 06-26-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Exactly! And I know from years of being a deluded evangelical Christian, that there are some good people in churches just as many who don't attend, and there are also some of the worst 'sinners' playing church!
Every sin imagined outside of the church can also be found INSIDE!
Also....every religion on earth is a CULT!
uh huh

"All religions are cults" is often used as a not-very-effective piece of rhetoric by anti-religionists, just as "atheism is just another form of religion" is often used by anti-atheists who think there's power in trite phrases. In both cases people are playing word games.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:26 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Here is how fundamentalist Christians responded to the Orlando shooting last summer.

So, it just takes a couple of examples? That is now the standard for proving what a group is?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:29 AM

810 posts, read 666,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
As far as I am concerned they are one and the same. They just call their God something different. Posters on this forum are always screaming about how Muslims want to impose Sharia law on us, but what about all the Talibangelicals who are always trying to impose their fundamentalist brand of Christianity on us? Posters are always babbling about how the Koran says this or that ... but what about the Christian fundamentalists like Ted Cruz who think that the Bible should dictate government policy?

Goldwater was right. The American Right has been hijacked by Christian fundamentalists.
What? You need Jesus!

Old 06-26-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

I hope he is not calling himself a Christian, because what he says is nothing "Christ like."

ugly and ignorant, pretty sad combination.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:33 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, it just takes a couple of examples? That is now the standard for proving what a group is?
It's the same thing right wingers do. Apparently everyone who doesn't bow down and worship Trump is violent because of that baseball shooting last week.

Here's a few more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pLobWHDdVw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2839yEazcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_y3-ckuM3E

Old 06-26-2017, 08:34 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
"As far as I am concerned they are one and the same."

Then you are a fool.

Fundamentalist Christians say convert to get into heaven

Fundamentalist Islamists say convert or we will kill you.

And you don't see a difference?
Yeah, I don't see a lot of homosexuals being tossed off church steeples in Alabama either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies