Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 05:49 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times

Advertisements

It will be interesting to see how much the Muslim ban and trump's other hateful rhetoric hurts international tourism this summer. There have already been reports that it's down. Who can blame people from not wanting to come here and subject themselves to this?

By September we should hear from hotels, restaurants, theaters, and other international tourist hot spots about how much their revenues have been impacted by donny two scoops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 05:51 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
About the only thing it stops is tourists. If you have family, work, or school (probably about 99% of those coming from these countries), you can still come to the US. Yet, it is a big win. Yeah, right. That about like saying, I found a quarter on the street, now I'm rich.
At this point..to the Trumpets...any win..any win at all..is a big win.

How about that health care again? Now that..would be a big win. This, this is a 'so what'.

Had Trump been able to keep his yap shut..there would have been no issue..as the President has the right to limit who comes into this country. But Trump had to find some red meat for his base..so he made it about a religion--well it worked--he got elected. Too bad this will do nothing to stop terrorism--but that was never the point, was it?

Old 06-29-2017, 05:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Nah. The Liberals are opposed to it because it has Donald Trump's name on it. They don't mind terrorists coming over, apparently.... I think they might "mind" if one of their family members is on an airplane that has a homemade bomb planted inside a laptop of a nut-job terrorist, flying in from one of those countries.
I'm not a fan of Trump's. I'm not against a slow down in issuing visas and refugee status or a review of immigration practices and policies.

I'm concerned with the incompetence that resulted in the chaos on that first week end. Folks with legal status and documents denied entry, stranded in other countries because this administration's rookie moves meant they never thought the original order through.

I'm concerned that the focus of the original order has been lost in the battle to win in the courts. The order was implemented -- apparently -- to 'keep us safe' while the immigration policies were reviewed and if there were any concerns, they would be fixed.

The whole making sure the immigration policies & practices are effective has been lost in this battle to just ban people from those countries.

Now we are spending time and money fighting this order instead of actually working on the immigration policies that control who is granted legal status.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:57 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

Welcome to the club, Waldo, we haven't taken you guys seriously since this whole election thing began !

The reason it is "no big deal" is because it is NO BIG DEAL. The SCOTUS accepted a watered down version of his original plan, and, in reality, not much really changes. People will still come and go, as long as they have legitimate reasons, and Trump wanted so much more that he did not get.

Now, let's talk about that wall. What happened to that little brainstorm of his ? And how is tossing out Obamacare going ?

Let's talk about the Wall. Construction of prototypes begins in September!

Construction on Trump's border wall to begin by September - Chicago Tribune

Old 06-29-2017, 06:09 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nope -- just past history -- 9/11. I know it was such a long time ago but it is difficult to not reflect on the fact that most of the hijackers were from there....even the woman who was involved in the San Bernardino attack lived in Saudia Arabia for some time.
So you don't know. You simply state it as disingenuous argument against Trump.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:10 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Let's talk about the Wall. Construction of prototypes begins in September!

Construction on Trump's border wall to begin by September - Chicago Tribune

Trump probably has Legos spread out all over the Oval Office right now.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:10 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Well, it does stop immigrants for 90 days. I guess we should take down the Statue of Liberty. Its meaningless at this point.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:11 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
But but but the media told me that Trump wouldn't keep any of his promises to the voters .

Old 06-29-2017, 06:25 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
But but but the media told me that Trump wouldn't keep any of his promises to the voters .
Actually the media expected more to be kept. But you keep beating that imaginary dead horse.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:28 AM

59,071 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
About the only thing it stops is tourists. If you have family, work, or school (probably about 99% of those coming from these countries), you can still come to the US. Yet, it is a big win. Yeah, right. That about like saying, I found a quarter on the street, now I'm rich.
"About the only thing it stops is tourists."

Really?

How about refugees from the 6 countries?

Oh, you don't know what the EO says.

What a surprise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies