Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2017, 10:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,096,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Isn't congress debating it now? I'm surprised you have to ask me for information on that.
Congress can't be debating Trump's plan because the one they are talking about now has NONE of the things Trump promised. Where is HIS plan, the wonderful one he promised?

(You can say he lied and never had a plan. That's an acceptable answer as it is the truth. Will you admit it?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 10:54 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,232,168 times
To the any posters who have defended this behavior because you view it as irrelevant and see the negative reaction as overreaction or as a defense of the pundits in question. I think you are missing the point.

I cannot speak for everyone, but to me one of the key qualifications of a president is to be a good and effective leader. I may be old-fashioned, but I believe one of the best ways to accomplish this is to lead by example. As a leader, you will be criticized. The best leaders in history have had critics. The difference is how you respond. A good leader will respond to untoward criticism with a reasoned response about why the criticism is incorrect or misdirected. Many of us are tired of the tenor of debate in this country, but how will that ever be improved when the president is stooping to such personal and childish name calling? If you believe leaders lead by example (as I do), this adds exponentially to the strident and vicious debates in this country that end up accompishing nothing.

And this is just an example, albeit one of the more blatant, of Trump's unfocused, childish and bullying attacks.

This has nothing to do with Obama, It has nothing to do with Clinton. It has to do with Trump's leadership qualities or lack thereof. And for that reason, I believe it is relevant.

And I'd like to give a shout out to a number of posters in here who have indicated they support Trump but have admitted this tweet was a mistake. I don't agree with everything the politicians I have supported do, nor would I expect someone who supports Trump to support everything he does. We have to move away from thinking that someone who calls this behavior out as crass and below the office somehow means that person supports the swamp or is anti-American or whatever. That simply isn't the case.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:56 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,611,113 times
What is it with Crooked Trump and his fascination with women bleeding?

Old 06-29-2017, 10:57 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,047,583 times
It's disturbing how many Trump supporters can never admit any wrongdoing on his part. Is it a lack of critical thinking, or just a fear of being disloyal to their god?

Old 06-29-2017, 11:00 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 11 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,606,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I mean come on, I realize this is par for the course for him and not the biggest of his issues, but this is just so disgusting and unpresidential.

An official statement by a sitting US president is insulting a woman's looks and intelligence, because she was critical of him on the morning show he claims not to watch.

How can you people condone this behavior? How does this dignify the office of the Presidency?
Even his own party says that this is beneath the dignity of the president. beneath the dignity of the Office of The President - this from the Washington Examiner(!!!), from what I can tell, not exactly a liberal news site!

The very fact that looks to him are an issue at all speaks a Wikipedia about his mindset. I mean, looks, of all things. Talk about Style Over Substance! That's the kind of behavior I'd expect from a 4th grader, not from arguably "the most powerful man in the world". This is what makes him the most unfit president in our nation's history. Not the scandals. Not his flip-flops. Not his hypocrisy. Not the inconsistency of his campaign promises. His behavior, tone, and attitude. His presence in the White House itself gives his behavior a false legitimacy, especially in the eyes of children and immature adults. This can seriously damage our culture if its not called out. In short, Trump in the White House gives the appearance that the American people think a bully is fit for the highest office of the land, which only encourages the real, hard-core bullies to do their dirty deeds, fully knowing they have a line at their disposal "Hey, the President acts like this, so it must be OK".

I'm no fan of HRC, but better the HRC kind of crook in the White House than this un-self-aware d-bag!

Old 06-29-2017, 11:03 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's actually a distraction for his base. They're cheering him on and not paying attention to the fact that he's lost interest in health care reform and the Republicans are about to rob them blind. Have fun with that.
Lost interest? He never had any interest in it. There is only win or lose for him. Crowd size. Ratings.

Policy is all fuzzy stuff he can't deal with. He does not know what is in the bill. He does not care what is in the bill. He does not remember what he told his voters would be in the bill. Not sure he's ever even seen a bill unless they plaster one to the front of his tv.

He could care less who is covered and who is not covered or about any other of the 'little' details of health care. It is so obvious, how can people even think it matters to him?

Or think they matter to him?

Do you see him running over to Carrier to try to save the jobs they're cutting? Does he appear to care about those people he lied to who are getting laid off? Nope--he's busy tweeting and insulting the media.

His great deal was a photo op. He's not Art of the Deal. He's Art of the Smoke and Mirrors.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,687,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Leafs View Post
They are cult zombies who are so happy a White man is back in charge they will defend his every action.
Always first and last. The race card. So predictable and now a badge of honor. Whitey is large and in charge.

How ya going to deal with it.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:04 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,283,871 times
Joe and that rude blonde attacks Trump low everyday and Trump can't respond in 1 tweet that took him a few seconds? please.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:05 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,047,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Joe and that rude blonde attacks Trump low everyday and Trump can't respond in 1 tweet that took him a few seconds? please.

Obviously he can. Displaying good manners, having a modicum of class, taking the high road, none of these are requirements for the office of president.

Old 06-29-2017, 11:07 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,733,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And the Trump Deranged keep missing it day after day. It's why they keep getting rolled over by the Trump Train.
It's his supporters who are getting rolled.

He feeds them a little meat by insulting news hosts and they're distracted by the fact that the GOP is screwing them out of medical care and using the money to give tax breaks to the rich. Unless you're super wealthy, you're getting ****** by your daddy right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies