Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump is mentally unstable?
YES 306 64.42%
NO 169 35.58%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 11:00 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
He's turned the left/msm into unhinged lunatics. They require little encouragement. I'd say Trump owns them. Call it crazy if you will.
It's funny how insane he has driven the left, now they're meme is to make him out to be the crazy one. I've noticed a ramp up of the talking point so the minions must have gotten their marching orders to push it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Give it up.

You are making yourself and the lefties and Dems look like they have a mental illness!!
It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS)

Old 06-30-2017, 11:00 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I voted for him, but in retrospect, I probably am more capable of doing the job than him, and doing it in a civil way that can please everyone. His behavior has not impressed me since he took office. I figured he could act more presidential. He clearly can't. Part of me wishes Hillary would have won, for no other reason than she's not very liberal anyways.. she's pretty moderate and it would have been 4 years of not getting a whole lot done and gridlock... it's only her stance on importing more refugees that really turned me off from voting for her, but all the globalists in both parties secretly follow the globalist agenda of which the mass melting pot agenda and elimination of all cultural identity is part of. (George Soros agenda)

It would have benefited the republicans more in the long term to have Hillary in office. Trump is damaging the party in my opinion. It's better we have a democrat president and a republican congress. That gridlock is great. Things were pretty good the last 4 years under Obama because he didn't do all that much.

It's too bad we can't do away entirely with executive orders... simply ban their use.. make all new laws require congress to approve. A rather lackluster 5000th post if I must say. No big celebrations or anything.

I will say for the record, I wanted Kasich for president.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:01 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,537,652 times
I dislike the man but I don't think he's mentally unstable. Rather, I think he's acting the way he's always acted and the way he learned to act from his mentor, Roy Cohn. That weird cabinet meeting where everyone at the table (except SecDef Mattis) pronounced their adulation for the President? Pure Cohn. The misogyny? Lashing out at people who he thinks are attacking him? Again, pure Cohn

Of course, I also think that the President chose a supremely bad-- no, evil role model.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:03 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
It most certainly appears he is not fit for office. He needs a psychological evaluation. This is a national security issue. He is quite unbalanced and if any who chooses to stick their heads in the sand and ignore it, will also be responsible for any unhinged acts for which this unhinged man is responsible. People keep complaining about 'armchair' psych evals? If you believe he is sane, let him have a real one, because a large portion of the country feels that he is not of sound mind.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:03 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
If Trump is mentally unstable, then the news pundits and comedians and leftists posters here are insane. Get Real!

Old 06-30-2017, 11:13 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,107,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I disagree. It's not just the Republican party who is being damaged, he is doing irreparable harm to the country with every insane tweet he sends and every world leader he insults. There are bigger things at stake here than political parties.
Agreed, while it's great to see the far-right loons approaching Judgement Day I am more concerned about the survival of our democratic and constitutional norms. The Republican Party was always on borrowed time due to simple demographics. Sooner or later they were going to go into the dustbin of history, now it will happen sooner rather than later.

Trump is alienating traditional friends and allies, the only countries he wants to be friends with are those led by thugs and authoritarian dictators.

Trump is chasing away trading partners. He is chasing Canada and New Zealand right into the CANZUK free trade, unified military, and freedom of movement with the UK. He's chasing Mexico right into the open arms of China.

He is causing long buried racial tensions to surface with explosive results.

And for what? To make more money for his corporate empire? To satisfy the wet dreams of racists that will be dead in 20 years anyways?

Old 06-30-2017, 11:16 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I'm a die-hard anti Trumpist and even I didn't think he was mentally unstable in the beginning. I thought he was just an egomaniacal blowhard who got incredibly lucky by winning the presidency. Now I'm starting to think he IS unstable.

That doesn't mean, however, that I want him removed from office. The damage he is currently doing to the GOP is priceless and will be remembered for generations.

I've been giving a lot of consideration lately to the fact that it's probably a blessing in disguise that he won the election. If Hillary would have won we'd just have another four years of the same gridlock with Republicans continuing to make people believe they had their best interests at heart.

With things going the way they're currently going the true aim of the GOP, which they've been able to keep hidden for all these years, is finally on full display for all to see. And as you know, people aren't liking what they see. The Dems are just sitting back letting it happen. Very shrewd move on their part and exactly what they should be doing. Patience is critical at this juncture.
Congress is going to stop him from doing anything too stupid or dangerous. It's highly unlikely he can be removed from office, and that process will cause a lot of damage with little chance to succeed. One part of me says let him flounder on, let him keep making a fool of himself and his party.

But the other posters do make a point; can some of the damage he is doing ever be undone? I'm not sure.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:17 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
Unhinged, vile, or just plain evil?

The Orange Swamp Creature fits all the above.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:18 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
He reminds me of Gene Simmons.. an ego driven guy attempting to pawn his product and increase his name recognition any way possible. This presidency is just a means to an end for him. Plus he can't take an insult.. I can't respect a person who has to retort to every little thing said about him. Man up and take the insults. You're a republican. It comes with the territory.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:18 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Like or don't like his tweets, Republican or Democrat, his tweets have little to do with whether or not he is fit to be president. He may have a personality even his mom had trouble liking but until he does something that is truly damaging to the American people he has every right to remain our president. So far, he has done more good than bad as far as I am concerned. Do I think he is a little nutty or strange? Yes.
I myself was not really addressing his tweets, although they certainly erode his reputation among fellow Republican members of Congress, whom, I said, are his firewall against impeachment or removal.

Plus, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some think he has done more good than harm, some think otherwise.

I tend to think he is not 'fit' to perform the duties and bear the responsibilities of President. Examples include:

Firing James Comey as FBI director, and later admitting to Lester Holt that it was due to the 'Russian thing': hardly an example of rational thinking, but more of paranoid thinking.

After firing Mr. Comey, inviting those Russians into the Oval Office the very next day, barring the American press, but allowing in a member of the Russian press, and divulging some classified information (that belonged to another country) to his Russian guests.

This in the space of just 24 hours.

I could, of course, go on, but it would be futile. I respect your opinion concerning Donald JOHN Trump, and I hope he, in the end, turns out to be a great president.

I must go and enjoy my weekend. Same to you and yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies