Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Trump is mentally unstable?
YES 306 64.42%
NO 169 35.58%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 02:31 PM

27,582 posts, read 28,693,962 times

Advertisements

Is Trump Fit For Office?

November 8, 2016 is your answer.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:34 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
No POTUS is not fit for office.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,847,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You leftists spout out all the garbage you can constantly with your hate and they act shocked that Trump says one thing while you don't even recognize your own over the top words here.. take a good look at the leftist posters here... mentally ill? Crazy? Unhinged? yup!
Those words used to describe Trump pale in comparison to what Trump says about other people, and you know it. Good grief, he's been behaving this way for decades.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:49 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Little picture focus I see. It is what has cost progressive liberals all of the local, state and national offices for seven years now. Judicial is where the power is concentrated now. Just look how progressive judges temporarily blocked the immigration XO, before the Supremes squashed the partisan rulings. Unanimous to overturn the bulk of the district and appellate rulings and will rule in favor of the separation of powers after October hearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You'll get no argument from me. Pence is a scary religious nut. But that doesn't change the fact that Trump is unfit for office, which is what this thread is about.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:50 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,068,868 times
Oh, look. Amateur psychology hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
His tweets give us an unfiltered look into the inner workings of his mind. Every one of them will be part of his presidental record. Think about that.

Just imagine someone reading those inane, asinine, untruthful and outright childish tweets 30 years from now, long after he's dead and gone. Do you think people will view those as the rantings of a sane adult man who is fit to be entrusted to hold the fate of the world in his hands? I sure as hell don't.

And I seriously doubt any honest and rational adult today would either. You disappoint me because I used to view you as one of those kinds of adults, but your constant defense of this truly odious man has disabused me of that opinion.

Old 06-30-2017, 02:52 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,713 times
He might be fit for dog catcher... maybe.

Old 06-30-2017, 03:53 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I wonder how many of the 'experts' who signed that paper are progressive Democrats.....'political ideology uber alles'.

These 'experts' unethically (IMO) dismiss the 'Goldwater Rule', but the APA doesn't, and neither does the spokesperson saying that the 'undersigned' don't represent the position of the Yale Medical nor Yale 'brass'.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:06 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times
There should have been a 3rd choice in the Poll.

C. No, but Liberals are mentally unstable.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:09 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I've seen Trump's type before, several times in my life in fact. Trump behavior dovetails very closely to those other previous people I suggested were of the Trump type

1. Flashy personality, exciting, photogenic stage presence or telegenic lifestyles, dynamic "hot shot" type, plenty of great words, forceful charisma, and fine presentation style, and generally overall fun to be around - but that's it. Great at lighting up parties, but no substance.

2. Always saying stuff to make himself look impressive. When they didn't talk about themselves, they'd talk about certain people they disfavor in disrespectful tones and content, and even derogatory such tones and content.

3. Often told entertaining or amusing but unlikely stories about their or someone elses sayings and doings, no matter how astonishingly unbelievable.

4. High emphasis on "manliness" (i.e. social dominance traits like personal power and control, charisma, forcefulness, cocky and disrespectful behavior toward those they consider distastefully different in some way, etc.)

5. Thrill-seeking, Attention-getting, glory-pursuing, adrenaline / endorphin junkie; has a knack for gaining and seeking positive attention from others, loves the cheer of the crowd and in fact gets "high" off of it.

6. Firmly, if not excessively, macho mindset (i.e thinks physical or personal forcefulness is the main yardstick by which to measure a person's worthiness of even the basics of dignity and respect, which is to say not being humiliated and abused. In fact, they also think people who are weak, timid, fragile, slow-witted, gullible, poor social skills etc. deserve whatever public humiliation they get for reason of those traits alone).

7. Strong predatory instinct - likes to exploit, trick, rip off people - if not for any substantive gain, then certainly for their own amusement. Any friends or close acquaintainces they do have will say "He's all right, but you just gotta keep an eye on him, keep your guard up around him".

8. Astonishing lack of empathy toward those who they think are "inferior", distasteful, or in other ways considerably less than perfect - especially if popular culture likewise thinks rather lowly of such people.

9. Low tolerance of criticism of their acts or of acts they frequently approve of (especially if immoral or unethical).

10. Tends to think feelings are for "wimps", "whiners", "losers", "crybabies" - and just as with Point 5., likewise thinks those types of people deserve whatever humiliating disrespect they get due to those traits alone.

No doubt others can add more items. But I covered what most quickly came to my mind.
One thing about Trump that surprises me is that he can stand being fat. Almost all of the people I have ever encountered who deride the appearances of others aren't hypocritical about it...they are highly disciplined people who work out and stay in shape. Almost all of the rest might be deemed hypocrites, as they use cosmetic surgery as a means to the end rather than discipline, but they still don't allow being fat to exist as their reality. Trump can certainly afford cosmetic surgery. Perhaps he thinks cosmetic surgery isn't 'manly' .

Old 06-30-2017, 04:11 PM

33,574 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So when Trump grabs some woman by the p**** that's okay with you? That's not sexual or vile in nature?
Wanting to put Bill Clinton the rapist back into the white house didn't bother you.. now did it? Talking and DOING .. Clinton paid off one woman and many were raped by him. He also had a man beaten to remove security tapes and killed off many more. Yet the left wanted Hillary and her rapist husband in the white house... so don't tell me what bothers you about Trump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies